Not enough power to lift off.
5355 16 2014-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smithypn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 596079 ft
United Kingdom

Am trying to get my Phantom Vision 2+ to fly but it will just not take off. I feel I have done all the necessary preparation but motor turn, propellers speed up but it just does not get air-born. I have fitted prop guards. Is there something that I am missing that I need to do in Vision Assistant?
2014-10-3
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could you make a video of this happening?
2014-10-3
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-3 21:39
Could you make a video of this happening?

Not a great video but hope it will help me. Green lights are blinking, the battery is new and fully charged and the left stick controller was pushed fully up.

Hope that is of use and many thanks.
2014-10-3
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Smithypn Posted at 2014-10-3 22:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlSCfPEa0oM&list=UUtzbcmC52PGYhK5C1YMG9lg

Not a great video but h ...

This is crazy. I have to think it is something with the flight controller or ESC boards. Wish I knew more about the units and could help you.

I assume you have already plugged the Phantom in to your computer and run the Phantom Assistant App, and checked for calibration and throttle limits? As well as plugging the transmitter in to your computer and running the PhantomRC app and checking for calibration and throttle limits? It could be that somehow the sticks are limiting the amount of throttle being sent to the motors. So I would check both software first, if you haven't already. There are tons of videos showing how to download and run the apps on both Macs and Windows, and they are free for download from DJI. But let us know if you need assistance.

If nothing works and you can't figure it out, you need to get in touch with DJI-America. A lot of people express horror stories trying to get through to them. I have had a VERY GREAT experience in regards to calling and speaking to technicians. And wonderful after-sales service. So I really think you will get a resolution once you get with them. And I think the video is a great tool to help your case.

Please keep us posted . So sorry to hear of these problems. I can only say that I've been through it, and it is so worth the frustration in the end. Once you get up in the air, and see the wonders from above!   
2014-10-3
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-10-3 22:43
This is crazy. I have to think it is something with the flight controller or ESC boards. Wish I kn ...

Thanks for the help I am now baffled! Just hope someone from DJI has an answer.
It does look as if the left hand stick is not letting the motors have enough power to get it in the air. The right hand one does appear to put more in for pitching. I cannot see a way to make any changes to settings in the Vision Assistant software. There is also come confusing terminology for someone like me new to the technology.
This is disappointing as I was hoping to spend the day learning how to fly it. Not a great start as it is just 'out of the box'.
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Follow these instructions, may help. Calibrate the RC.
RC.jpg
2014-10-3
Use props
janderson
New
Flight distance : 700630 ft
Ireland

If the firmware is up to date and your battery isn't charged above 20% The Phantom wil not take off
Leave the battery on charge and try again
Check in the assistant software that the controls on RC are the right way around and confirm if you push the right lever fully up that it doesn't take off i had this issue when firmware was updated recently
2014-10-3
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Smithypn, Tony, & hd_ultra:
If you're going to calibrate the Tx, I'd suggest that Smithypn also connect the airframe to the P2 Assistant and calibrate the sticks there as well...

And heaven knows how this post got up second from the top!
It was right after the Tx calibration attachment...
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Yep and do the advanced calibration.
2014-10-3
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

janderson@eirco Posted at 2014-10-4 00:13
If the firmware is up to date and your battery isn't charged above 20% The Phantom wil not take off  ...

It did take off using the RH stick! Now changed to Mode 2 and it now takes off using the left stick. Thanks for the help.
2014-10-3
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Good deduction janderson!
I've not seen this Mode1/Mode2 switch when updating before...
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Me neither, Time for more research.
2014-10-3
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-10-4 00:17
Smithypn, Tony, & hd_ultra:
If you're going to calibrate the Tx, I'd suggest that Smithypn also conn ...

When someone one-ups you, or clicks "support" it moves the comment closer to the top.
2014-10-3
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

All works a treat now after the initial setting up hic-up. Don't know if was me or some clarity in needed in the instructions. There is nothing in the manual about downloading drivers and initial set ups of the controller and Phantom. I think there is an assumption that you know some of the terminology used. An 'idiots guide' might be of use for those like me completely new to it all.

Anyway having now flown it I am very impressed. Easy to fly and great results form the camera. Today its raining and windy Grrrrrrrrrr. Thanks again for all the help.
2014-10-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Smithypn Posted at 2014-10-6 16:02
All works a treat now after the initial setting up hic-up. Don't know if was me or some clarity in n ...

Section 5 of the manual.......
2014-10-6
Use props
Gamecatcher
lvl.1

United States

Mine did the same thing. I switched to mode 2 and it still wouldn't take off until I picked it up and then it came to life and flew just fine.

Maybe it's an "out of the box brand spankin new" glitch that is rectified by just moving it. WHo knows.
2014-10-6
Use props
Smithypn
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I don't think the Quick Start Guide helps. There are things that need to be done that are not covered.
2014-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules