1932 7 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ericmoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74337 ft
Germany

hi,
is it true that the gimbal protector should not be used in flight due to overheating problems?
regards

2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You could check the info in the manual, gimbal cover is used to protect the gimbal, you can remove it when necessary.
2016-11-21
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

It covers the air intake, so it will make your internal parts a little hotter...  Not extreme, but it will shorten the overall life.

2016-11-21
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Not convinced 5 degrees at the sink is really diminishing the life of the circuits.

Keep in mind that forward flight will be flowing air over the sink.
2016-11-21
Use props
ericmoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74337 ft
Germany

thank you for the comments and film
2016-11-21
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

I think the main reason not to use the gimbal in flight is not over-heating (although that might be a risk), but that the gimbal cover is just a piece of cheap plastic designed to protect the gimbal, not optical quality glass. Hence it will degrade camera image quality if used in flight.
2016-11-21
Use props
CADDJockey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163934 ft
United States

I thought about flying with it on, but after learning about blocking the cooling, I had second thoughts.  IMO, the cover doesn't snap in strong enough to protect the gimbal during a crash.  If you already have experience flying a quad copter with reasonable control - especially a cheap one, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.  That's my experience so far.
2016-11-21
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

I love kitchen science it's such a joke

5 degrees F difference is nothing. 2 drones should be used as the drone is already warm (leaving it for 60 seconds between tests is a joke). Also the way the drone is designed, it's self cooling using the props to do most of the work.

I will be flying my drone with the cover on to start off with. Why?
The drone is self cooling while in flight.
I'm new to this drone so in case i fly into a tree the cover will protect the gimbal from branches ripping it off.
If i fly straight into something in sports mode the cover will also protect the gimbal (as it's clips in forwards).
Will the cover give me great video? No but do i care when i learning the controls...
2016-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules