Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Battery Charging Hub not working?
12Next >
24671 49 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse02a0c93
lvl.1

United States

Hi all, I just received my Mavic with the fly more combo and when trying to use the battery hub to charge all three batteries at once, it doesn't look like anything is charging. None of the battery's status lights come on, but the small led light on the hub is switching between red and green. I don't see a description for this red and green status in the manual. What am I missing? Thank you for your help.
2016-11-21
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

No photo, no video, no help.
2016-11-21
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

It does not charge all batteries at once, it charges them 1 at a time, starting from the one with the most charge.
Cant help with the LED because as you say that light sequence is not in the manual.
Just check all connections and maybe try 1 battery at a time to start with, then if it works add the other batteries, are all batteries on the same firmware ?
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please make a short video of the issue?
I'll help to check it.
2016-11-21
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2
Canada

same problem here it's a rock solid red light
2016-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you can try just plugging 1 battery into the hub and see if the charge starts. then add another battery at a time to see if you can identify the issue.
When you press the button on the battery does the LED's light up?
Will the battery charge using only the stock charger directly?
take a photo or video of the issue

Rich
2016-11-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Travelling Dron Posted at 2016-11-22 12:35
same problem here it's a rock solid red light

It's brand new and this is the first time you use it, right?
Have you tried to change another power socket, clean the connectors and check again?
If it's still solid red, please upload a short video for further evaluation, thanks.
2016-11-23
Use props
fans3b15e824
New
Flight distance : 11322 ft
United States

Has anyone figured out how to fix this issue? I am having the same problem. I only see a solid red light on the charging hub. I have tried connecting the battery on different ports and nothing changes.

I can upload a video if necessary but I don't see how it can help with the diagnosis. I plug it on, a solid red light on the hub appears and stays there regardless of how many batteries are attached to it.
2016-12-2
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I sent mine back to be replaced. The response was everything is working fine and they shipped it back to me missing the plug.. I had a spare plug at the house so I plugged it up to the hub and it was green for a few seconds and went back to solid red. even trying to plug straight to one battery is useless.. If I use the hub on the car charger it works fine. There is a problem with the ac adaptor but DJI refuses to listen so I am stuck with no way to charge the batteries except through the car charger. very inconvenient.
2016-12-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know this might sound a bit out of the box but are you sure you have the power connector plugged in at the bottom of the unit rather than trying to connect the hub using the USB lead????
2016-12-2
Use props
fans3b15e824
New
Flight distance : 11322 ft
United States

That actually worked Drmerlin! I was just about to contact DJI to send it back until I read your comment.

Thank you so much!
2016-12-3
Use props
ZUB
lvl.2
United States

I perhaps have a similar problem.

Battery charges fine directly plugged into the power adaptor:

IMG_3874 copy.jpg

It does not charge when connected with the intelligent charging hub:

IMG_3875 copy.jpg

The light turns red and does not do anything.  I have FMC and have tried with the other two batteries and many other combos.

2016-12-3
Use props
Alien_robot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 291519 ft
United States

I have the same problem
2016-12-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

Wow. Same problem with mine and my neighbor's charging hub. What's up with this, DJI?
2016-12-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-12-2 13:58
I know this might sound a bit out of the box but are you sure you have the power connector plugged i ...

How do you even connect the charging hub using the USB lead???
2016-12-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-12-4 02:11

I stand corrected. There is a micro usb port on the hub.
2016-12-3
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

I got it to work now. Apparently the power outlet that I was using before was weak.
20161205_113630.jpg
2016-12-5
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

The input power requirements are: 100-240VAC @ 1.4A 50-60Hz

I don't know many homes, that would have an issue providing power within this range......
2016-12-5
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

The led colour combinations are in the Battery Charging Hub guide on page 7 .....

20161206_005812.jpg
2016-12-5
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-5 11:54
The input power requirements are: 100-240VAC @ 1.4A 50-60Hz

I don't know many homes, that would have an issue providing power within this range......

Beats me. I tried the power outlet outside my shop and it worked. Inside my office, it wouldn't. If I plug in something in that outlet, it works like a lamp or my phone charger. Anyway, problem solved. Not sure why there are still others experiencing it.
2016-12-5
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-12-5 19:53
Beats me. I tried the power outlet outside my shop and it worked. Inside my office, it wouldn't. If I plug in something in that outlet, it works like a lamp or my phone charger. Anyway, problem solved. Not sure why there are still others experiencing it.

interesting....any chance you have a voltage meter that you can check the voltage at both outlets to see if there is a difference?
2016-12-5
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-12-4 07:11

There is a rubber retainer on the side of the dock with a USB connector
2016-12-6
Use props
ScXSN5EFH9Mk
lvl.1

Czechia

Same red light issue!!! Has the problem been solved? Is there a firmware upgrade??? thank you!

2016-12-10
Use props
Slypilot
lvl.1

Czechia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-23 11:37
It's brand new and this is the first time you use it, right?
Have you tried to change another power socket, clean the connectors and check again?
If it's still solid red, please upload a short video for further evaluation, thanks.

Hello,

please can you provide some answer? thank you
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Slypilot Posted at 2016-12-11 02:39
Hello,

please can you provide some answer? thank you

Sorry to hear about that, the firmware for charge hub is not available recently.
According to your description, the battery is fine, have you tried different power supply? since you can get the info in the manual: solid red means there is something wrong with power supply or battery error.
If you have tried that and problem persists, then it needs to be sent in for further evaluation.
2016-12-10
Use props
Ice
lvl.1

France

Hello !

Same problem for me..
I have to plug/unplug all many times to make it working
2016-12-10
Use props
Ice
lvl.1

France

Ice Posted at 2016-12-11 08:38
Hello !

Same problem for me..

Hello !

Just replaced it and it's working now
2016-12-14
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Ice Posted at 2016-12-15 01:20
Hello !

Just replaced it and it's working now

what did you replace?
2016-12-14
Use props
Ice
lvl.1

France

I've replaced the hub
2016-12-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Ice Posted at 2016-12-15 21:20
I've replaced the hub

did DJI send you another one under warranty?
2016-12-15
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

The manual says the hub can get firmware updates i hooked mine up to DJI assistant 2 and nothing happens it just shows the plug the USB in picture so how do i update it?
2016-12-15
Use props
MartenS
New
Flight distance : 863 ft
Netherlands

Hi Same problem here. the hub is charging the battery's on after the other. and not all at once :-(
2017-3-4
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

MartenS Posted at 2017-3-4 04:05
Hi Same problem here. the hub is charging the battery's on after the other. and not all at once :-(

That's what its supposed to do.
You need the Advanced Charging Hub to charge more than 1 battery at a time.
2017-3-4
Use props
Lukev
New
United Kingdom

Hi all,

So I had a few problems with my multi charger too. Tried plugging in two batteries to it. The hub LED flashed green, with an odd yellow and red also in the mix. Had the batteries on charge for 4 hours and neither charged.

Have read a lot of threads on this and have tried a few things. Have come to the conclusion:

1. There is no firmware update for the hub at the moment
2. plugging your hub into your computer with dji assist wont do anything as there is no update
3. Try changing what socket your have your adapter plugged into
4. I purchased my Mavic from Singapore and thus it came with the two prong plug (I live in the UK which is generally 3 prong)
5. In the UK we have a few two prong sockets for things like shavers and electric tooth brushes. THESE SOCKETS WONT WORK - THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH POWER EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY THEY DO.
6. I took my power cable from my laptop (3 prong plug) and plugged that into the adapter for the hub. All seems to work fine now

Hope this helps someone
2017-5-10
Use props
PanamaJack
New
Flight distance : 101089 ft
United States

This might be a moot point but I had the same problem and realized that I just had the wires wrong-- you don't connect the micro USB plug into the hub from the adaptor to charge the batteries. Instead, turn the hub over and you'll see there is a female end for receiving the funky mavic battery cord already attached to the adaptor. Plug plug that cord into the port UNDER the hub and it should work, or at least it did for me. Hope this helps, cheers.
2017-6-24
Use props
Makuna
New
United States

I just received mine and I also am seeing a problem.  The light on mine is solid green; but not one battery is above 25%.  The batteries charge fine when directly connected.  But the hub won't charge one, two, or even with three connected.  And yes, the power adapter is connected directly underneath and not by the USB port.

I am going to update all the batteries and see if that helps.

2017-7-13
Use props
Flyer_BFK
lvl.1
United States

Makuna Posted at 2017-7-13 17:54
I just received mine and I also am seeing a problem.  The light on mine is solid green; but not one battery is above 25%.  The batteries charge fine when directly connected.  But the hub won't charge one, two, or even with three connected.  And yes, the power adapter is connected directly underneath and not by the USB port.

I am going to update all the batteries and see if that helps.

I have the same problem with the hub. Plugged in my three batteries, it only charged one and I noticed it's light had turned red. When tried charging batteries one at a time, that worked but that's not why I paid $55 for a 'smart' (advanced) charging hub.

Now, also, since reading this thread I'm now made aware the BATTERIES MAY NEED FIRMWARE UPDATES! omg.  

And links or information on how to do that, upgrade the firmware of the batteries, would be appreciated.
2017-7-14
Use props
Poltergeister
New
United States

So many people have this problem, that it is pretty clear it is a Mavic issue. My hub used to work and now gets the red led (now flashing red). I used to be able to charge single battery without hub, but no longer. It is pretty clear to me that the power supply unit is screwed. What garbage.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans8c6a56a9
New

Serbia

Anybody solved the problem? Mine is green for a second, then turns red, and stays red, no matter if the batteries are connected or not...
2017-10-6
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

ZUB Posted at 2016-12-3 18:38
I perhaps have a similar problem.

Battery charges fine directly plugged into the power adaptor:

I would also remove the plastic from the power transformer to help dissipate heat or it could get too hot
2017-10-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules