Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Simulating a plane flight...
974 6 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Hi very new to this and (as many :-) ) still waiting for my Mavic.

I have a question that might look silly to many however I could not find an answer anywhere. So here it goes.

Is it possible to make a drone simulate a plane flight? With "simulate a plane flight" I mean the following.

When a plane turns it rolls somewhat to right or left. Hence any camera installed on it would show the horizon tilt to right or left (according to the turn). From what i have seen (on youtube videos) when a drone rolls (tilts in the longitudinal axis if such a thing can be said for a drone) while turning fast for example, the camera remains stable  keeping the horizon levelled no mater what the drone does.

So is there a way to make it seem as if the camera was mounted on a plane?

Thx fo any advice

MacPap
2016-11-22
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

What you are looking for is FPV mode that locks the gimbal nose forward.  Now your controls are not going to act like a plane.  To get that visual effect you will need to coordinate left stick (yaw) and right stick (roll) to get the appearance of the aileron roll of a plane.  I think I answered your question.
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the GO app Gimbal settings you can change the view from follow to FPV, as the above post suggests.
Then any roll an the horizon would follow and give you the first person view perspective.
2016-11-22
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Thank you both Daveman and DJI-Ken. Once I lay hands on mine ill try it and let you know how it felt.

Thx
2016-11-23
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

MacPap Posted at 2016-11-23 15:02
Thank you both Daveman and DJI-Ken. Once I lay hands on mine ill try it and let you know how it felt.

Thx

For some reason when set to FPV i do not really see a differnce.
I tried to tilt the mavic to the side (not flying it by hand) and the gimbal did correct that movement the picture remaining completely stable.
Am I doing something wrong?
2017-3-26
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

MacPap Posted at 2017-3-26 09:20
For some reason when set to FPV i do not really see a differnce.
I tried to tilt the mavic to the side (not flying it by hand) and the gimbal did correct that movement the picture remaining completely stable.
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not sure about the gimble in FPV mode as I have never used that but I believe it still corrects in one axis even in FPV mode . The Mavic will also always self level even in Atti mode . There is no full manual mode so not sure how much of a tilt you are going to get anyway . Most racing drones are good about giving that "Pilot in the seat" feel which is why I love to fly FPV racing drones . I have one of mine tuned to closely mimic a planes roll rate which is pretty cool . The Mavic is never going to let you bank that much I'm afraid . It will be more of a drift effect IMO.
2017-3-26
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-26 13:22
I'm not sure about the gimble in FPV mode as I have never used that but I believe it still corrects in one axis even in FPV mode . The Mavic will also always self level even in Atti mode . There is no full manual mode so not sure how much of a tilt you are going to get anyway . Most racing drones are good about giving that "Pilot in the seat" feel which is why I love to fly FPV racing drones . I have one of mine tuned to closely mimic a planes roll rate which is pretty cool . The Mavic is never going to let you bank that much I'm afraid . It will be more of a drift effect IMO.

Thx rydfree41
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules