3624 16 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got the Mavic and will soon have the P4Pro as well. Given the new capabilities of the DJI Go app for the P4P, like drawing waypoints, is there any benefit to getting Litchi? I want it for the VR FPV ability but want to know if that's the only thing the Go app wouldn't have that Litchi does.

I do realize that it's not yet compatible with the P4P yet.
2016-11-22
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are plenty of threads about this matter.
2016-11-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-11-22 16:04

There is no search function on the mobile site and its my only option for internet.
2016-11-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go to their website to see what additional features Litchi offers:  https://flylitchi.com/
If you can make good use of those features, Litchi is great value.
If you don't need them, you don't have to buy it.
2016-11-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The thing I like about litchi is there's no video lag and you don't need to fly your way point mission first, you just click the screen were you want to go, set your elevation and go.
2016-11-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-11-22 16:15
There is no search function on the mobile site and its my only option for internet.

Givin the poor search engine on this forum you can understand why people ask the same questions over and over. It's just as easy to answer someone's question as it is to tell them it's already been answered.
2016-11-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-22 17:31
Givin the poor search engine on this forum you can understand why people ask the same questions ov ...

Yea, that's a really unfortunate issue with this forum. I've answered several questions for the P4P that people keep asking over and over.

I realize this has been discussed before and have since then done a Google search for "Litchi forum dji" which worked decently enough. It seems like one of the main things that everyone liked Litchi for was waypoint creation where you don't need to fly the route first. This is something that is added for the P4P where you can draw the route with your finger. It seems like DJI is working on adding in Litchi features that have been more popular.

This is what I've gathered as benefits over the Go app, specifically for the P4P.

VR mode
360 panoramas
Waypoint/route creation on the computer
Still uses Google maps when DJI is now using Here maps? (not sure since I can't check either)
2016-11-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-11-22 14:56
Yea, that's a really unfortunate issue with this forum. I've answered several questions for the P4 ...

FIRST OFF, you're asking about $20 when you've just spent $3k?  

Anyway, DJI GO has a simultaneous HDMI out toggle under "HD."

I don't have Litchi, but I've watched a couple videos (enough for me to want it).  The ability to plan the route prior to flying it is 1 thing, but THE BEST PART is you can COMPLETELY customize every aspect of each waypoint.  360 panos are cool, but their use is limited after you've done that a couple times (just like on phones).  Just 'some kind' of auto pano functionality would be fun (snap, yaw, snap, yaw, snap - done!)  I believe there WAS a drone that did this.

But alas, I've ordered a P4P+ with built-in screen.  If I can use Litchi on it without having to Mickey Mouse something, great.  If not, whatever.  I'm not circumventing the shell to root it or anything dumb.
2016-11-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-22 19:04
FIRST OFF, you're asking about $20 when you've just spent $3k?  

It's not so much about the actual price, I would ask the same if it was $5 or $50. It was more about if it offered more functionality since DJI Go is beginning to add more features that Litchi has had for a while. It makes sense for the older Phantoms that don't have the capability that the new one does. Spending money regardless of the amount is wasted if you never use the app. For me the bigger pull to it is the VR through my phone, is that worth $25 to me? Probably  
2016-11-22
Use props
fans8cf0d029
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

How did you get a Mavic?  I was told they would not ship until after December 1st.
Thanks,
WA5TEF
2016-11-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans8cf0d029 Posted at 2016-11-22 20:28
How did you get a Mavic?  I was told they would not ship until after December 1st.
Thanks,
WA5TEF

I placed an order a while back. They've had some at Apple stores recently too, but that's all discussed over in the Mavic forum.
2016-11-22
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

I just got the litchi because it's half off for Thanksgiving. Anyways I also have a drone VR app,  the litchi is in fact way better almost no lag and it works pretty darn good when I'm looking through the VR goggles it feels like you're looking out a glass window pretty cool. when I get the time I'll try the rest of the functions and see how it is.

I've never even tried to waypoints on the DJI this one seems a little cooler also I'm interested in trying the panoramic feature that would be cool also

2016-11-24
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

When you just bought a Mavic and a P4P then it would be silly not to buy litchi for $20.

The waypoint and Pano functions alone make it must. DJI go waypoints are not even close to being same level as litchi. When you are traveling and have limited batteries, you dont want to have to fly the waypoints first and thats not as accurate as placing on map and adding curvature, adjusting heading adding POI and adjusting speed. And then you can revisit the exact same waypoint later if needed, and you can do that all before you even leave your home to fly.  
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Planning your route on a map and then going out to fly it is OK if it is a simple situation. Where I fly, doing the things I do, it does not offer me any advantage. I have Litchi, but don't use it, because when I get to the location, it is not possible to fly a pre-planned route because there are trees in the way that don't show up on maps.
2016-11-24
Use props
Tyger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 945554 ft
United States

I'm just an amateur and have only had my Phantom for a couple months. However, I do like the Litchi app. As mentioned, it's great for plotting out waypoints and points of view. I also really like that I can do most things from the PC ahead of time, which allows you to endlessly tweak a waypoint flight. If you want better control over a pre-programmed flight, I'd highly recommend it. It does have some drawbacks, however, such as some settings only available on the PC website, versus others only in app; also, you can't set different flight speeds between waypoints when it's out of range of the controller. However, there's been a lot of updates, and I know more features are coming.
2016-11-26
Use props
andy heath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730144 ft
United Kingdom

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2016-11-22 13:04

really helpfull reply !!!!!!
2017-9-2
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

I'm still learning to Litchi, I've only got the basics for safe flight down.. but seems to be an OK alternative for me, for now anyway. I'm able to use my iPad mini 2 with it, *after* turning down the bitrate

I'm so used to the Go App, I'd prefer that it worked with the older iPad Mini 2, but I wonder if DJI is interested in solving the FW probs for their existing customers.. After watching this forum for the last month and a half, I'm beginning to wonder.

To answer the OP's question, Litch *is* worth it for me, and I'm hoping to learn to use many of the features it offers.
2017-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules