Modding a phantom vision V2+ V3 heavily? FPV
723 1 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicktaylor7274.
New

United Kingdom

Hi all

I am new to this forum - put a pst up about issues with wiring but as a result have one V3 that no loner has a 3 axis camera. No intention of replacing that bit (massively expensive it seems) but having learnt the issues with these tings will soon have the original flyaway fixed and improved as far as safety/ range goes.

Now being a scale heli guy I have always wondered what FPV (not the phantom version) would be like. I dont intent to fly out of visual sight - a hangover from my real helis I guess - but can I attach a FPV system and goggles (better still ipad/screen so I dont need a spotter) to the phantom vision V3? I ask as the V3s main rx/tx is on 5.8 (I think) and this clashes with the obvious fat shark gear.

Also - any any pointers to improved antennas as the ones it comes with are 'OK' but not great? Reluctant to spash on a new inspire (new stuff always seems to assume im a beta tester) when I have this little but hugely capable V3 to mod away with.

Some one out there must have lost the gimbled cam and thought the same thing is my guess?

Nick T

2015-2-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I have 2 Phantom 2 Vision +'s and I have an Apple IPAD on each of them 10 inch screen generation 2 model.  They work great for these old eyes.
2015-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules