Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
K...Overall satisfaction? 1-10. So far Im a 9.5
614 8 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mastertech
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601781 ft
United States

Ok so Ive had my phantom 4 for a few months now. Ive had my moments but they have been far overshaddowed by the times where I'm completely stoked to be flying where probably few have ever seen.
I spent last week traveling from Southern California to Denver Colorado. 5 days .   Do I take it or no...   OK I checked my drone (Phantom 4 with 3 batteries and hardshell case) into Southwest baggage and took it with.  It was a bit of a pain because I was going for 5 days so I had another roll-on bag for clothes then a backpack for my personals. Absolutely no problenms
So here i am sitting in the middle of the Rocky Mountain National forest on the morning after the first snowfall of the 2016 season.
I flew down creeks and over mountains and thru fields and into places and over places and HOLY SHIT!  
You couldnt see ANY of this on foot.  And I spent a day exploring the forest and mountains and didnt leave so much as a footprint behind. Yet i took with me something no one has been able to experience before.
Im buyin myself a Mavic for xmas to make the traveling part easier.
What I really find intriguing is this is something that is FUN to do, yet it is an emerging commercial market that is about to explode, All of you who are learning now will be the pro's later. (I'm retiring so I'm in it for the simple joy of flying.) GET YOUR FAA LICENSES OR WHATEVER APPLIES TO YOUR PLACE ON EARTH!!!
Thanks DJI.  Got a solid 9.5 in my book
I own an auto shop for a living, so this is all new ot me.  Ill try to post some of the video.

2016-11-22
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

I know where your at old mate. Im in Australia and recently took my Advanced(and the wife) to central Australia to Ayers rock and the Olgas and all around the NorthernTerritory. Its impossible to explain to people the overall delight of flying a UAV around where a camera or the human eye has never seen before or....maybe even a human!...until you show them the videos!!. I have videos that I will treasure for the rest of my life thanx to DJI and the Phantom series. I am like you...I will be purchasing a Mavic just for the simplicity of a smaller UAV with the same if not better features. Only today I was watching some of my videos of the Phantom flying around Central Aussie.....bought a tear to my eye....Enjoy while you can. Cheers mate from the Land Down Under!!
2016-11-22
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Master & DINGO,

You have said it eloquently.  It is why I try to help on this Forum so much.  People in my life do not understand (well some do, but) why I spend so much time on this forum and I am sure some people on this Forum wonder to.  But, no one could say it better than you two just did.  Mahalo Nui Loa!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-22
Use props
fansa82454c9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

What a refreshing change to read some positive comments.....well done guys!
2016-11-23
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-23 17:56
Aloha Master & DINGO,

You have said it eloquently.  It is why I try to help on this Forum so m ...

Thanx old mate and Im sure you do and feel the same !!!!
2016-11-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-11-22 22:10
Thanx old mate and Im sure you do and feel the same !!!!

Aloha DINGO,

Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I echo the same sentiment, wonderful to read somewthing positive instead of the rubbish that appears here daily. I hope you enjoy your aircraft for a long time.
2016-11-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sometimes showing respect can go a long way, much farther than the insultive ways some folks come in here making loud noise and shouting their meaningless threats.

Yes, having a positive attitude and being respectful, will carry you way-way further ahead, than being a dead weight, drag... Ha

We all can have an occasional bad day, but that's never good reason to bring others down because you feel negative. Cheer up, and show your good side, to your best advantage.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-23
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Look forward to seeing some footage MasterTech, i just bought the P4 (shoulda of waited a couple more weeks for P4P) coming from a P2V+ and absosutely loving it , control feels so tight and hovering on the dime , camera options unbeliveable and still workong on mastering whats gonna work best for me
Cheers from A Canadian Misplaced in Thailand
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules