Can we please get a way to disable the loud BEEP BEEP BEEP
173406 173406 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

Count me in as well... an option to mute the 'RTH' BEEEEEEPPPP BEEEEPPPP would be great!
2017-1-9
Use props
xanthos84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253845 ft
  • >>>
Austria

+1 for this!

Its WAY to loud!
2017-1-9
Use props
fans561161e0
New

United States

I agree.  That would be a great option.  

It's one of the first things I searched for after my first couple of flights.  

Honestly, I was surprised it wasn't already in the menus somewhere
2017-1-9
Use props
DjiNewbie
New

United States

Me too!!!

2017-1-9
Use props
arc
lvl.2

United States

Yes please add an option to configure!
2017-1-10
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

A volume option would be considerate of onlookers, certainly. It only needs to be loud enough to hear, and high-pitched enough to grab the pilot's attention.

Unrelated thought: Speaking of beeping, I know the Mavic itself has a little beepy startup noise- would it also be possible for the Mavic to beep when it has lost controller signal? Just thinking, it might help some pilots locate their drone if their signal cuts out if for whatever reason it can't return to home.
2017-1-10
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Looking at the video above of "Gringo" taking the controller apart... At 7:20, you can see the recess of the bottom panel, that the beeper fits into. Looking at the positioning of it in the video would give a clear indication where that location is on the bottom of the controller. If one were to carefully drill though the back, just throught the plastic shell, it would expose the old of the beeper. From there, you simply fill the hole with some hot glue. The beeper would still work, but be very muted. This would be a clear violation of the warranty on the controller, but no more than opening it up, and it's less risky.
If you really cannot stand the beeping, this is one possible solution.
2017-1-10
Use props
ericmoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74337 ft
Germany

my mavic seems to be a very refined piece of equipment. unfortunately, the high volume beeps are very disturbing and annoying. they make the mavic sound like a cheap, obnoxious toy. i'm surprised dji has not reacted to all the comments.
2017-1-24
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes it is strange, the more the controller beep and buzzer, the greater the chances for the pilot does not react to the message. Therefore, the pilot shut only be warned against absolute gross errors. DJI "shoot" far above that point now.

Regards Leif.
2017-1-24
Use props
derivan
New

Germany

My first flight today, and after trying out RTH and when the battery reached 30% i got this extremely loud BEEPing. Very annoying!!
First i thought: Ok first thing to do when i get home: shut this beeping off - and then i had to read that this is not possible???

So please DJI give us the option to cancel it after it starts. Or just give us the option to completely shut it off!

Thanks
Ivan

By the way: i love this thing!
2017-1-28
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

if someone could pin point the exact location of the speaker from the underside of the controller. we could drill a tiny hole and drop in hot glue to seal up the speaker...muffled sound!
2017-1-28
Use props
MAHD
lvl.2

Spain

Good suggestion! DJI should give us that option. The sound it's so annoying...it seems the Mavic is gonna explode...
2017-1-28
Use props
Ozmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423061 ft
Ireland

Another requesting a software fix to Mute the beeps - its waaay too loud and not present in the other DJI drones.
Even if it was an advanced option in DJI Assistant or something to disable it - please give us the option to stop this bleeping.
2017-1-28
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

You think Dji  is reading these forums to get user input? This is a waste of time.
2017-1-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I hope they don't remove the beep. It is there for a reason.
2017-1-28
Use props
fansaf68ebc9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7211 ft
United States

nils.heidorn Posted at 2016-11-28 12:31
Me too !
Beeping attracts haters, will DJI pay for our medical bill when we got beaten up ?

You have drone bullies???  I'd better start paying closer attention to who is around me!

I vote for being able to turn it down, but NOT off.

2017-1-31
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The beeping hasn't bothered me, but I did notice on my last flight how it drew a lot of attention from people when I initiated RTH -- maybe they thought I had activated auto-destruct mode. ;)
2017-1-31
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

+ 1 - hoping a firmware update can resolve this
2017-1-31
Use props
Lucluck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26385 ft
France

Havent received my Mavic yet, but can't understand this continuous beep beep on all the videos that I have seen. My bebop has no beep for RTH, only a flashing alert, and this is quite enough for me. No need to stress some more, no need to afraid people around me. When flying a drone, we try to be discret, not to shout: hey look at me I fly a drone and something gets wrong
2017-1-31
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

+1 from me
2017-2-1
Use props
Bradz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62589 ft
United Kingdom

+1 Don't have mine YET (Hurry up DJI) but watching the videos with it enabled is annoying.
2017-2-1
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-28 21:34

Perhaps during an emergency RTH, then the beep might be acceptable. But when I've just manually initiated RTH to bring my Mavic home at the end of a flight, I think there's really no need for any beeping at all.
2017-2-1
Use props
John Lam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26936 ft
Hong Kong

I agree is extremely annoying, specially when you are using the last mile of you battery to do some test flight maneuvers in a range that you can land the crate anytime

And people over 10m is hearing you your warning noise and looking at you

I mean something visual or just week vibration on the control phone is more that good enough once the warning is acknowledge
2017-2-1
Use props
fans0f7513a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 845741 ft
United Kingdom

+1 please! let the pilot decide whether it should be on or off
2017-2-4
Use props
madispuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133957 ft
Estonia

+1 here.     
2017-2-4
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-1-28 21:34

Agreed - I hope they actually make it louder.

Then all the idiots that use RTH as a play thing instead of a failsafe as it was designed for might stop hitting the bloody RTH button and learn to fly the thing back and land it instead of laziliy activating RTH and saying "Dude look how cool this is - no hands"
2017-2-4
Use props
Atilla BALCI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282080 ft
Turkey

+1 for mute option
2017-2-4
Use props
DCTL
New

France

totally agree the beeping should be gone, but then on the other hand, they actually make the beeping so annoying on purpose because they don't want you to completely trust the system and don't pay enough attention to it when it comes home, so they make it so annoying that you have to put your attention to it....
2017-2-4
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

The beeps not only are annoying but draw unneeded attention to pilots, be it passerbys or malicious people. This can lead to either, someone bothering you when you are trying to film, fly or land your drone. Or someone robbing you!

Please DJI make an option to mute controller beeps! I don't want to ruin my controller by opening it and disabling the speaker!
2017-2-22
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

I'll add my 2 cents (again):  The alarm is annoying, distracting (to both pilot and others nearby), and draws unnecessary attention from passers by.  I think the pilot should be able to acknowledge the warning to stop it.  Another idea is to have the option to have haptic feedback rather than audio.

Has DJI weighed in on this at all?
2017-2-22
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I've looked through the forum and didn't see an answer from any DJI Staff...
2017-2-22
Use props
JakeS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7287871 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too would love a way to turn off of the loud beep beep beep or give us the ability to have it beep once to alert us but then stop
2017-2-22
Use props
Drseussami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108002 ft
United States

Voting to have ability to lower and shut off beeping. Maybe add the ability to always chime through selected alerts even if main beeper set on silent? I think others mentioned something similar.

Perhaps a poll is warranted? Not that this has brought us back Google Maps or anything LOL
2017-2-22
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Well, I believe the more people see this, the bigger the chances DJI notices this and acknowledges how much annoying this is and decides to do something about it.
2017-2-23
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

yes, PLEASE provide the option to mute. On my long range flights that are miles long, it's real annoying having to constantly listen to the beeps the ENTIRE time of RTH flight
2017-2-23
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

+1 option to reduce volume of RTH beeper, if thats not possible then a mute option once its sounded.   most industrial alarms have a mute function,  so that the operator aknowledges the condition,  then can continue operating the craft,   it is a well known and documented situation where an operator with an alarm ringing in his ears continuously will have reduced control of the situation/operation, as it focus's or prioritises the brain on that one issue.  its great to know its happened, then move on to decision making to continue your monitoring of the rest of your flight.
2017-2-23
Use props
fansa5feae78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273110 ft
United States

Another vote for giving the option to reduce and/or mute the sound from the controller!
2017-2-23
Use props
Nakhwayusu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263737 ft
United States

How about changing sound to music or something?  I wouldn't mind hearing my favorite music when battery is low.
2017-2-23
Use props
Loudy
lvl.1

Bulgaria

It's a simple buzzer, I don't think it would sound nice... I'm really considering opening my controller, why won't they at least acknowledge us that this is annoying?
2017-2-24
Use props
Lee Drone
New

Canada

Agree with the original post. I like knowing it's working but there should be a prompt to cancel the sound like in any flight deck
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules