123456Next >
57113 207 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VirtualRain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56604 ft
Canada

Whenever the craft is in RTH mode, the beeping is so loud it attracts unnecessary attention.  And it's just plain annoying.  The same goes for the low battery state.  

DJI, Please give us a firmware option to turn this off completely or mute it.

As it is, you might as well include one of these with the Mavic...

2016-11-22
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

ha ha this is so funny.
Good suggestion though
2016-11-22
Use props
halling
lvl.1
Sweden

Or maybe you should stop spying on your neighbors and it wont be a problem anymore
2016-11-22
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

halling Posted at 2016-11-23 08:40
Or maybe you should stop spying on your neighbors and it wont be a problem anymore

that is NOT a problem in sweden anymore
2016-11-22
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

I agree with the OP.  The constant beeping is extremely irritating.. Please update the firmware so we can mute the sound once we acknowledge that we have heard the warning.  Possibly a "Swipe to mute" on the app?
2016-11-23
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Yeah I would prefer a klaxon.  

DJI should sell that helmet with multiple klaxon alarms. Where you could walk around, fly your drone and be quite the spectacle.

Can you imagine someone walking around with their super safety helmet and klaxon noises going off?
2016-11-23
Use props
fans58279fa1
New

United Kingdom

Get rid of the damn beep dji! It's obnoxious and gets unwanted attention!  
2016-11-23
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

Doesn't bother me at all. I don't see what the big deal is.
2016-11-23
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes DJI,  please o please o please give us the option to mute or dampen the volume of the controler BEEP, it's really much too loud now.
2016-11-23
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

If you have to use RTH it goes on to let you know it's working, coming home, but yea DJI have shut it off after several seconds and come back on to remind it still coming would be good. Another option would be, don't use return to home. Keep your quad in sight. Or at least know where you are.
2016-11-23
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I don't understand the need for it at all. If I press RTH, just a simple message on the screen will tell me that it is working. Pressing the button doesn't make me go blind.

Alarms are for things you didn't know were happening, not things that you started.
2016-11-23
Use props
fans6259795a
lvl.1
United States

Totally agree with the ability to mute, lower volume, or disable (this one might be too much) the BEEEEEPPPPPIIIINNGGGGG... way too much and too loud.
2016-11-23
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

My kids had a toy that had loud electronic noises, but no volume. I just put a trip of electrical tape over the sound hole on the shell to muffle it.

On another device, I had to open it up and tape over the piezoelectric.

Not sure if this is possible on the Magic controller, because I do not have mine yet.
2016-11-23
Use props
MadMonkey
lvl.2

United States

I seen a guy on YouTube  compleatly disassemble his controller and replaced the buzzer with LEDs all in the name of sanity. Seems like a good idea,but there is a tons of little parts in this thing. Reminds me of taking apart an IPhone.
2016-11-23
Use props
tgraves
lvl.1

United States

I'm about to take my controller apart. I would have loved to not need to do this, but I have no choice. Even using the controller in normal mode makes a ton of noise with each button press, let alone for RTH or low battery conditions.

Provide a silence option so others don't need to physically remove the buzzer from the circuit board.
2016-11-23
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Agreed. It is unecessatily loud.
2016-11-23
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

tgraves Posted at 2016-11-23 12:55
I'm about to take my controller apart. I would have loved to not need to do this, but I have no choi ...

Wire in a switch to the beeper, mount the switch on the controler externally so you still have the option to turn it back on.
2016-11-23
Use props
Crafty42
New

United States

Amen!  Allow us to acknowledge and stop the insanity causing beep.
2016-11-23
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I want to change it to a beep with some authority behind it!

2016-11-23
Use props
Gringo
lvl.1
United States

I agree.   Ability to acknowledge and silence would be real nice.
2016-11-23
Use props
schpenxel
lvl.1

United States

AGREED!  PLEASE give us a way to at least turn the volume down on this.  It's ridiculous to have to sit there listening to an ear piercing BEEP BEEP BEEP every time we use the return to home feature.  The thing is coming home.. why does it need to beep about it?  Make it beep 2-3x indicating that it's coming home then shut it up!
2016-11-23
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

MadMonkey Posted at 2016-11-23 07:51
I seen a guy on YouTube  compleatly disassemble his controller and replaced the buzzer with LEDs all ...

Would you mind posting the link.
I'd like to see this.

Searched but can't find it for some reason.

thanks
2016-11-23
Use props
Gringo
lvl.1
United States

2016-11-23
Use props
nhoover
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3458045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree - please, a setting to mute completely or at least turn down the volume. I don't understand the thinking in having it so loud and constant. It is just a stress-adder!
2016-11-23
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

When turning on my P4, those three beeps is like the Phantom singing "look at me!"
2016-11-23
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

A couple of beeps to let you know it's working and no more. Shut off return to home, again, a couple of beeps. This would be better.
2016-11-23
Use props
BobMador
lvl.1

Greece

I too agree with having a software option to lower the volume, or push to acknowledge the alert, or changing the beep so that it beeps only 2 or 3 times to signal RTH has been initiated. PLEASE do something about this irritating and annoying beep!
2016-11-23
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-23 12:34
My kids had a toy that had loud electronic noises, but no volume. I just put a trip of electrical ta ...

Electrical tape on the Mavic controler is not the way to go, you will block the airflow frome the internal fan.

DJI should adress this (if it is possible) with a firmware update.
And if this is not possible i'm opening up my controller for sure!
2016-11-23
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Crusader Posted at 2016-11-23 14:00
Electrical tape on the Mavic controler is not the way to go, you will block the airflow frome the  ...

Agreed. This is an easy firmware update. Volume slider in the controller menu.
2016-11-23
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

Volume might be out of the question. Its a buzzer. It an only do "beeeeep" or no "beeeep".
MUTE would be fine or they start plaing with short pulses to have some kind of noise apart from "beeeep".

But the main thing is: PLEASE do something about it !

Nils
2016-11-23
Use props
Paranoid Jack
lvl.1

United States

Bump!

I hope they fix this and several other things before mine arrives just in time for next Christmas.
Ha, just slightly kidding here.

2016-11-23
Use props
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

YES, PLEASE!

It is intolerable and unnecessary. There should absolutely be an option to disable. That was one of the first questions I had with my P4 when I got it. I couldn't believe it did not have a mute option for those RTH and battery warning beeps. It's mind-boggling.

When in a potentially stressful situation and needing to use RTH or get back quickly due to battery, the last thing I need is a remote screaming at me and causing heads to turn my way. WTF?
2016-11-23
Use props
Osray
lvl.2
Germany

+1 for adding a mute option to that annoying beeper in the remote!
2016-11-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Yeah, an option to disable beeping but keep vibration in a pulse (buzz-buzz-pause-buzz-buzz-pause, just like the beeping ) would be a nice option I guess and something flashing on screen perhaps.

Opening it up and put some thin isolation mouse-tape on it, might also muffle it enough.
2016-11-24
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

I'd like the to change the return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP  to just doing the 3 beeps ONCE when enabled and again when disabled. The low battery can BEEP every minute or so but not constantly. Maybe if we type this everytime we make a post in this thread they will start listening:  

@DJI-Ken @DJI Mindy @DJI LA Support @DJI-Thor @Tahoe Ed @DJI Patrick @DJI-CS

Please copy/paste the above in your posts from here on out. It'll be our way of going BEEP BEEP BEEP until they listen.
2016-11-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

They have forwarded requests before to the dev-team. But no response here yet that they have done it...
2016-11-24
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nees Posted at 2016-11-25 14:56
They have forwarded requests before to the dev-team. But no response here yet that they have done it ...

Yes Please give us an option to mute or turn off the beeping. People look at me like I am crazy when they hear the beeping.
2016-11-24
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-25 00:56
They have forwarded requests before to the dev-team. But no response here yet that they have done it ...

Who forwarded a request? I haven't heard anything from a DJI employee here.

@DJI-Ken @DJI Mindy @DJI LA Support @DJI-Thor @Tahoe Ed @DJI Patrick @DJI-CS @DJI Lee

2016-11-25
Use props
erkme73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198455 ft
United States

Another 'me too' vote, please.  My 2 and 3yo hear it, and they run all over screaming "beep beep beep" - just in case the neighbors didn't hear the controller.
2016-11-25
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

Agree!! Please give us an option to turn it down or off!
2016-11-25
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules