Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dipped and ready to go
2880 20 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

http://s14.postimg.org/89e73k4f5/Paint_2.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/5yo7vp7jd/Paint_3.jpg

Had my inspire 1 dipped and it turned out awesome, bit fiddly putting it back together with the screws to the GPS but with a bit of deep breath and taking your time it turns out good
2015-2-9
Use props
Funnone
lvl.3
United States

Very Nice!!!!
2015-2-9
Use props
M3SpeedRacer
lvl.2

United States

Impressive! Finally we have one that stands out from the crowd.
2015-2-9
Use props
keith_d2.hotmai
lvl.3

United States

Looks great! That color really sets it off.
2015-2-9
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

Awesome color
2015-2-9
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thank you all for the kind words. It really does look good in person
2015-2-9
Use props
gunnell_s.msn
lvl.2

United States

I was thinking of doing the same thing with mine a few weeks ago, nice to see someone did it already and it works out.  The things they can do with those liquid transfer graphics is amazing!
2015-2-9
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

That is a nice colour well done! Just curious about one thing though, I notice that you have dipped the top of the battery and note during the last part of the dipping process you have to push the item into the water after passing through the membrane and swish around and then rinse after. How was that done without any water getting into the battery and destroying it?
2015-2-9
Use props
kilowong.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20741 ft
Hong Kong

here is mine!
20150131_165118.jpg
20150131_183912.jpg
2015-2-9
Use props
Roddy1
lvl.1

Canada

Dude !   No seriously  . . .  DUDE !   
LOL  i haven't even purchased mine yet,  and i got a paint scheme chosen.  nice on ya bud !  way to set the bar high !

2015-2-9
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

My way to set the bar high.
pimped.jpg
2015-2-9
Use props
joekeantang.ema
lvl.4

United States

where can I find info on how to change the color scheme of my inspire? I notice that some people do some cool design. How can this be done or where I get step by step on doing this? I like how you did a great job on yours!
2015-2-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Looking great guys!!!
Im waiting for someone to paint one up like a Klingon Bird of Prey

LOl Dundee nice bubbles !
2015-2-10
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

steve2909 Posted at 2015-2-10 11:15
That is a nice colour well done! Just curious about one thing though, I notice that you have dipped  ...

If you prise the battery cover off its 8 surrounding clips, the top of the battery comes off and then are 4 screws holding the circuit to the underneath of the battery cover, un screw these and the battery lid comes off and your free to do with it how you wish. Go easy though you don't want to be cracking the lid as its quite fiddly and jiggly to get it off the 8 clips at the same time. I slid two very thin flat head screw drivers front and back and then pulled the sides out.

2015-2-10
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-2-10 19:45
If you prise the battery cover off its 8 surrounding clips, the top of the battery comes off and t ...

Thanks for the info I thought that might be the case just wanted to see how you did it......again, nice job ! I've also ordered a home kit to do it myself (in a different colour of course).
2015-2-10
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

steve2909 Posted at 2015-2-10 20:22
Thanks for the info I thought that might be the case just wanted to see how you did it......again, ...

Whats the home kit you speak of ?? send me a link
2015-2-10
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Nice Color setup, sweet lines
2015-2-10
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Love the creativity, nice work guys!
2015-2-10
Use props
steve2909
lvl.2

Australia

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-2-10 21:46
Whats the home kit you speak of ?? send me a link

This is one kit you can purchase in U.S. but as they can't ship internationally (regulations due to chemicals used in product) you have to find a similar product in your own country or area. I am in Australia so I purchased one from a company here so the link to their site would probably not help you. You can go for the expensive kits where you need a spray gun but I just went for the ones that have the activator  pre-mixed in cans. Good thing is you can buy the Film prints anywhere (lots of great designs and colours) and these are fairly inexpensive.

http://www.mydipkit.com/index.html
2015-2-10
Use props
edlovrien.msn
lvl.2
United States

Does the battery cover come off the battery easy to paint?  
2015-9-16
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now