Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7" (SM-T280NZKAXAR)???
17027 49 2016-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paisa
New

Colombia

MuzzDrone Posted at 2017-1-5 17:06
I can confirm the same thing - I have the Galaxy Tab A6 7.0 SM-T280NZKAXAR and it works perfectly with Go App but with Go App 4 it is terrible, terrible video lag, video freezes, video disconnects - and is basically unusable. Have unistalled Go App 4 and gone back to Go App and its working fine again. Tab has 5.1.1 T280XXU0APL7 firmware. Hopefully a future update to Go App 4 will fix this.

hello, just wanted to ask how it is going with the rab a 7 inch and mavic?
2017-2-19
Use props
fans9d21242f
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi Eagle-i-AL
  When you connected your tab A to the rc , does it show charging mode on you tab A when you plug in the cable?
2017-2-19
Use props
Eagle-i-AL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3572106 ft
United States

fans9d21242f Posted at 2017-2-19 19:45
Hi Eagle-i-AL
  When you connected your tab A to the rc , does it show charging mode on you tab A when you plug in the cable?

I sold my Mavic and returned the Tab A in December so can only speak from my past experience which may or may not be relevant to date. When I connected to the RC the battery icon on the Tab A would have an X through it so I don't believe it was charging. Also, the Tab A did not play well with DJI GO 4 app.
2017-2-19
Use props
High FlyerCokie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701109 ft
New Zealand

zach5150 Posted at 2016-12-10 21:28
I just bought and returned the Zenpad S8 (Z580). It was a nicely spec'd out little tablet but the video feed was jerky when using it. It was pretty annoying and it also had me worried that all the bloatware on the tablet was causing poor performance (leading to the video issue) and might eventually cause it to crash while in a flight. I'm evaluating the Tab A7 and iPad Mini 2 now.

Love to know how you get on please. Just waiting for my combo to arrive looking at using my Sony Z3 but screen might be a bit small so looking at other androids
2017-2-19
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

High FlyerCokie Posted at 2017-2-19 20:48
Love to know how you get on please. Just waiting for my combo to arrive looking at using my Sony Z3 but screen might be a bit small so looking at other androids

I ended up choosing the iPad mini 2. It works great.
2017-2-19
Use props
MuzzDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105758 ft

New Zealand

paisa Posted at 2017-2-19 15:38
hello, just wanted to ask how it is going with the rab a 7 inch and mavic?

I ended up selling it and Getting a Huawei mediapad X2 - which is much more powerful and works perfectly every time with the Go 4 app. The Tab A just couldn't handle Go 4 requirements most of the time and even though i could get it to work occasionally it wouldn't last long. As all the development is now going into Go 4 i needed something that worked great with that, and the X2 is just amazing. Same price as the Tab A but tons more grunt and works like a dream.
2017-2-20
Use props
NickJohanson
New

Tanzania

I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" and I can confirm that it does, in fact, fit with the Mavic controller, albeit quite snug, but it definitely fits. However, I'm here because I cant get it to connect. I'm trying a factory reset to see if that helps. This is my first drone and it's worked perfectly with my phone. It should work without data connection, right? As long as it has GPS, it should work. Am I doing something wrong?
2017-3-8
Use props
fans20f04bf6
New
Flight distance : 38297 ft
Australia

Solution. If you are running Android version 6.01 the ONLY way it will work is from a cold boot of the TAB A, make sure it is plugged in and the RC is connected to the Mavic Pro. This is NOT very practical though. The ONLY way I was able to get it to work properly was to re-install Android version 5.02  software and it works perfectly. Hope this helps some-one. Spent hours on this one - but does show the problem lies in the new Marshmello Android software, which keeps trying to get the RC to charge the TAB A and will not connect properly. Well done Samsung.  
2017-5-20
Use props
tj66wa
New

Ireland

Pity I did not check the forum beforehand, picked up a Tab A SM-T280 from the sales here for €99

Installed DJI GO 4 app and while it connects to the Mavic Pro no problem I get no live feed. Recording video and photos via the app and checking the sdcard it records the images fine.

Not terribly worried, will continue to use my Note 9 for now, just thought it maybe handy to have a slightly larger screen.

Anyhow, Happy New Year to all.

I get to spend the next few days winging my way back to Western Australia after spending the last month in Ireland visiting family.

Cheers

Tim
2019-1-1
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Thought I had already posted about the Samsung Galaxy Tab A model SM T380, eight inch, but can't find it.  This tablet worked very well with GO 4 and Mavic Pro Platinum, but it has one drawback, it takes charging from the controller, although it says it is doing a slow charge, it is still taking down the flight controllers battery.  I even got a tablet mount from Mavmount, which did a good job.  Now, I am going to find an older iPad ios and try one of them, that a lot of folks say does NOT take from the controller.  We'll see.  If it wasn't for that stealing from the controller, I was very happy with the tablet.
2019-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules