Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed indoors, this is what I did wrong
9753 46 2016-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Tyredecals.com Posted at 2017-10-24 17:59
Bike lights on rear legs. Best for indoor flights. It helps with the VPS esp in low light conditions.
[view_image]

How did you mount the lights on the bird?
2017-10-25
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for this! I flew inside when I first got my Mavic and almost drifted into our TV in the living room. Low Light even outside is an issue. Thanks for sharing!
2017-10-25
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

I have this for the eventuality of in-door flying.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-propeller-guard

2017-10-25
Use props
Tyredecals.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-25 00:27
How did you mount the lights on the bird?

Velcro. Easy to remove but holds well for indoor low ground flights.
2017-10-25
Use props
Kevin36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356476 ft
South Africa

Same thing happened to me last night I was flying indoors, I had been doing this all day, this was my 3rd battery. No problems whatsoever. In ATTI mode. All of a sudden my MP started drifting and did not respond to the sticks. Not even to force it to land. Some erratic movement and it hit a table leg, down it went. I was confused why it happened I checked everything out, looked ok. I calibrated the compass and tried again. Same thing happened When looking in the logs I saw the "low ambient light" warning  . I switched the room lights all on and tried again. No problems. Some scratches to the blades, I got off lucky
2017-11-29
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

If you fly indoors often I would suggest using one of these GPS repeaters, brings the outside in and you can fly in GPS mode using them, they are around $60 USD. Indoor Fly Clubs use them all the time. The 1st video is a more costly setup, the 2nd video is the $60-70 USD version which is all you need to fly in your house or a large concrete / metal building.

2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules