DJI Assistant just borked my 64GB SD card!!
1125 4 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Just used DJI Assistant & Win10 to pull some flight records for the S7 follow me thread. Shut everthing down afterwards and now controller reports SD card error. Put SD card in PC only to be told it is unreadable and needs to be formatted.
This would be fine if it did not contain about 15GB of video that I want. Grrrrrr.  Never occured to me to pull the SD before connecting to DJI Assistant. It is a Samsung 64GB 3 XC 1 (Grade 3, Class 10). As I said in another thread, one should not fiddle wtih things that are working fine....

I guess there is little chance of recovering the data, so I will have to try reformat it and say goodbye to my video. Fortunately I pulled some of it off my phone cache already. Card was previously routinely getting formatted by me to empty with DJI GO app.

Hopefully I might recover the SD card at least. Warning to others - Pull your SD before using DJI assistant.
2016-11-24
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Before trying to reformat I installed one of those "Free" recovery tools. Scanned the faulty SD and it said it could get everything back. so I let it run and it stopped saying you have to pay $69 to recover more than 500mb. Damn - but it got me thinking. Removed the the supposed Free tool. Fired up a DOS prompt and ran chkdsk d:/f and I recovered all 32GB of video and RAW files. Yay! That was a close shave. Back on the straight and level again.
2016-11-24
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

Nice job fixing it yourself! On a side note, be careful with those "free" recovery programs. I downloaded one once a long time ago to try to recover some files that I accidentally deleted and it ended up installing a nasty virus onto my computer. Had to reformat the entire computer afterwards and lost everything. Good to know about that chkdsk though!
2016-11-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Trial versions don't hurt... It is to see if you can recover it. They you might be willing to pay, to recover it. Guess you downloaded from dodgy sites :p
2016-11-24
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

IDK, I remember just googling it and clicking on one of the links. This was several years back though.
2016-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules