3410 10 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AYA74
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2002713 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Let me try to make a long story short (or not too long). I pre-ordered a Mavic Pro from Apple Singapore on Sept 28. I received it on November 11. I tried to fly the next day but I kept receiving persistent compass calibration error (you can search my thread on this topic). So my received brand new unit was DOA and I did not even fly it once. DJI Support asked me to return it to HK for repair. I shipped it to HK on Nov 15 after receiving my case number (for Ken or Tahoe Ed, if you read, I give you again my case number: CAS-321478-M1J5G2). It arrived in HK on Nov 16 before noon time but what I did not know that their repair center is actually in Shenzhen (Fubao) so they have to transfer it to SZ (the funny part is that I shipped it with FedEx which hub is in Guangzhou, so it could have gone straight there if I knew) but DJI HK transfer damaged / faulty products to their repair center in SZ only on every Monday and Thursday, so my unit was only received on November 19. It was tested and the compass board was confirmed to be faulty on Nov 21, 3 pm. Repair was confirmed free of charge as under warranty (I wasn't expected it to be otherwise). Then the repair started with an estimated time of 2 to 3 working days to repair and test. Today we are Nov 24 in Asia, it is 6 pm. No change of status. So I contact DJI support by chat.
And here comes the best! I am being told that the reason my Mavic is not ready yet for shipping is because the repair center does not have the spare parts to repair it! How is it possible? Don't you have a factory next door with hundreds of compass boards pilling up on the production line??? And if you do not allow transferring stocks from the factory to the repair workshop, why nobody told me before and instead keeps telling me that you are caring about my case and are following up the progress? There is a nice lady named Sophia Huang that had at least the kindness to answer my emails but I can feel that she cannot do anything.
So, yes I am pissed off now because I am here waiting stupidly for something that I can even not cancel anymore because I have passed the 7 days period and I was told to keep the battery so DJI doesn't even have the complete product.
I have tried to keep my expectations high because DJI makes great products and DJI CARE, but here I am now. Leaving Sunday to France and Mexico without my drone.

IMG_0289.PNG
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused, w've brought your case to the attention of management, hope we can procure the materials to repair your Mavic soon.
Thank you so much for your supporting.
2016-11-24
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps there is a compass rework ... would explain the massive delays too ... there are quite a few compass related issues on the forum so it wouldn't suprise me if they were revising that part alone ... but the secret service will never let anyone know this of course !!!
2016-11-24
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-24 19:16
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused, w've brought your case to the attention of management, ho ...

Hi Natalia. If you are genuinely sorry, then please ask DJI HK to send me a brand new unit by express courier tomorrow morning. They can remove the battery if they want since I was told to keep mine. Someone had the same issue in HK got it replaced on the spot (see following thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-71338-1-1.html). Why not the same being offered to me? Show me how DJI CARE.
2016-11-24
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-24 19:33
Perhaps there is a compass rework ... would explain the massive delays too ... there are quite a few ...

Yes, I start thinking the same and I am trying to identify all similar cases. There are 2 here on this forum and I met another one in Singapore. I suspect that some others with flyaway or drifting issues might also be because of faulty compass.
2016-11-24
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

Confirmed today again by DJI Support that the materials to repair my Mavic is not available. So here is my official request that I have emailed to DJI.

Dear DJI Support Team,

Unless you can confirm me TODAY an exact date for repairing and sending me back my unit, I am requesting for a replacement service since the product that I received suffers performance failure. I have received the product on November 11 from Apple Store, which is 15 calendar days from now. For the battery that you asked me to remove when sending the unit to you due to safety concerns, you can remove the new one from the replacement unit. If you fail to provide me with a replacement service, I will seek for legal advice for breaching the terms and conditions of your own after-sales service policies (http://www.dji.com/service/policy).

You can request Replacement Service:

√ Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product has sustained a substantial damage in transit, provided always that the damage proof issued by the carrier can be provided to DJI.
√ Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product does not match the original description of the product in one or more significant respects.
√ Within fifteen (15) calendar days of receiving the product if the product suffers performance failure.

Replacement Service will not be provided where:

× It is requested over fifteen (15) calendars days after receiving the product.
× A legal proof of purchase, receipt or invoice is not provided or is reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
× A product sent to DJI for replacement does not include all original accessories, attachments and packaging, or contains items damaged by user error.
× A product is found to have no defects after all appropriate tests are conducted by DJI.
× Any fault or damage of the product is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
× Product labels, serial numbers, waterproof marks, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
× Damage is caused to the product by uncontrollable external factors, including fire, floods, high winds or lightning strikes.
× A product has not been sent back to DJI seven (7) calendar days after replacement confirmation from DJI.
× Proof of damage in transit issued by the carrier cannot be provided.
× Other circumstances stated in this policy.
2016-11-24
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

AYA74 Posted at 2016-11-25 11:05
Confirmed today again by DJI Support that the materials to repair my Mavic is not available. So here ...

I sincerely hope this gets worked out in a timely manner. It is unbelievable that DJI has continued to keep customers in the dark about a potential major issue with the compass, as well as not repairing your brand new drone that you haven't even had a chance to fly yet!!
2016-11-24
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

dotfiles Posted at 2016-11-25 13:24
I sincerely hope this gets worked out in a timely manner. It is unbelievable that DJI has continue ...

Thanks for your message... I am pretty sure that the reason they are not sending it back to me is because they found that the compass of the Mavic needs to be reworked and they are maybe changing the specs or the supplier. If there was no problem with the current compass board that is being installed on Mavic, why can't they just move a spare part from their factory to the repair workshop that is just few kilometers away. This whole thing does not make sense and that shows again the obscurantism of DJI.
2016-11-24
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Given that so many people has yet to receive their Mavics, I'm not surprised that DJI service/repair centres have the spare parts, plus its new... so doubt parts are readily available, I'm sure your legal advice will consider that.

As I've yet to receive mine, I would favour DJI to meet their order demands as a 1st priority and then all parts to follow.
- At the same time, I hope it all works out for you.
2016-11-24
Use props
AYA74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Singapore

All right. DJI finally confirmed that they managed to get the part needed to fix my Mavic and they will send it back to me early next week. Unfortunately, I am leaving Sunday for 2 weeks so I won't be flying it before Dec 10.
I cannot say I'm 100% satisfied but at least I want to thank Sophia Huang from DJI support in HK. She is a perfect example of customer service.
2016-11-25
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

Same case happened to me i bought the mavic air in Singapore. Case created for me and DJI support sent me the delivery address to HK. Now only i know FU Bao service centre its in Shenzhen and it have to go through custom declaration again. I shipped the drone using DHL and it was cleared custom in HK. Why cant they provide delivery address in Shenzhen directly so i can ship there directly, this is funny the SOP and DJI really need to look into this. I have wasted nearly a week and still waiting by drone for repairs. No update in DJI repair tracking till now....
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules