Anyone in Sweden or Norway received their Mavic yet?
2094 30 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VisualAltitude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43914 ft
Sweden

I still have not heard of anyone in Sweden or Norway that received their Mavic yet, neither from DJI or from any local dealer?
I ordered on sep 29 from a local dealer, they have still not received any Mavics or any information from DJI when they will get any.

If you received your Mavic, when and where do you place your order?

2016-11-24
Use props
Stokke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207339 ft
Norway

I received my mavic in Norway on the 26th oct. Placed my order 2016-09-28 16:04:54 directly from dji.com
2016-11-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I think there is two guys that have received based on some stuff I read on a swedish forum.
2016-11-24
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I know of two people in Norway. One of them is a guy i used to drone with.
I don't think it would be a good idea for me to visit him just to check out the Mavic.
The waiting is challenging enough without me drooling all over his.
2016-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-24 20:54
I think there is two guys that have received based on some stuff I read on a swedish forum.

Can you still fly in Sweden. I am going to upsala in a couple of weeks wondering if I should bring Mavic with me..
2016-11-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-24 23:56
Can you still fly in Sweden. I am going to upsala in a couple of weeks wondering if I should bring ...

No nothing has changed, sorry to say.

Fly, but not with a camera attached

Saw your other post about the problems with customs and their questions so let them have the camera for a while and just bring the Aircraft. (Sorry could't resist, hope that will be solved for you quickly).  I think the statement about film/record times that was given in that tread was correct and it originates from another law about copyright material and taxes since the record companies (Music industry) as one of the examples back then said that they loose money cause you have the possibility to record/clone music to CD's so it was a big raise in prices for CD/DVD and other media that would allow you to "reproduce" material on/with. So based on the "amount" of possible recording capability you have there are different tax classes in the EU.

Anyways back to the question about flying/filming in sweden.

There have been some more discussion about this law and one of the government institutions (Data inspection board) have made some openings about the law but still not good enough.

Here is part of the article I refer to:

Data Inspection Board writes that it is possible to give permission if they contain some conditions, such as filming and photography only be achieved at such a height that people can not be identified, the cameras only get a certain resolution, the photography / filming only allowed at certain times and the photography / filming be stopped if a person comes into the picture.

Data Inspection Board also opens up for a general license.

- Much of drone business takes place at short notice. However, we believe that it is possible for the county administrative boards to grant general permission for video surveillance, ie that it should not require a permit for each individual flight mission, says Malin Ricknäs the Data Inspectorate.

Hope you get a nice stay in Sweden.
2016-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-24 23:10
No nothing has changed, sorry to say.

Fly, but not with a camera attached

That sucks, well my daughter and two grandchildren are there so I expect I'll have a great time, love Sweden, just not there drone laws, hopefully it might change in the future.
2016-11-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-25 00:20
That sucks, well my daughter and two grandchildren are there so I expect I'll have a great time, l ...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Will you be spending Christmas "here" then or?

And yes we are a group of persons that really looking forwards to some good changes in the future.
2016-11-24
Use props
VisualAltitude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43914 ft
Sweden

Well there is actually a loophole in the Swedish drone photo ban, and that make the photo ban even more bizarre.

"The new photo ban does not apply to all the drones inside the borders of Sweden. For companies in other EU countries are free to continue shooting in Sweden, Di Digital can reveal.

A new decision of the Supreme Administrative Court has created great outrage among Swedish drone companies. The decision requires the Swedish drone companies subject to the so-called surveillance law. That means they need the same permits security cameras to get the photograph in a public place. It is to avoid privacy violations.

The decision, Di Digital reported earlier, hitting hard against an industry that employs thousands of people in Sweden and is worth billions, according to industry organization UAS Sweden.

But the rules do not apply to all the drones shoot in Sweden, Di Digital can reveal. For drönarbolag based in other EU countries, it remains free to shoot in Sweden.

Data Inspection Unit Nicklas Hjertonsson confirms that it is so provisions should be interpreted. According to him, the law applies to surveillance only Swedish companies, companies registered outside the EU, and EU companies which have a branch or otherwise established in Sweden.

"Are there cameras used here in Sweden, for example, drones, and conducting monitoring is established in Sweden, as regards surveillance law. But is there anyone who is established in another EU country, then applies the rules of the country, "says Nicklas Hjertonsson.

The loophole arises because the camera surveillance law is based on an EU directive. All EU countries are required to comply with the directive, to a certain level, but then it is up to each country how far they want to take their own laws.

It sounds absurd that there should be so much difference between our team and the other EU countries.
"It may sound strange to someone who operates in Sweden should follow the example German law. But as it is, each EU country should take responsibility for those who are established in each country, "says Nicklas Hjertonsson.

While the new law allows for the Drone companies based in another country to take photo assignments in Sweden, so the authorities will make a decision in each case.
But if the company has a branch or built up structure in Sweden is considered to be established here, and these must follow Swedish law."

Article in Swedish
2016-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-25 02:11
That sounds like a lot of fun. Will you be spending Christmas "here" then or?

And yes we are a g ...

No will be bringing family home for Christmas , will be back in Sweden in January for some skiing which I'm pretty hopeless at, but give the children a good laugh,
2016-11-25
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-25 11:28
No will be bringing family home for Christmas , will be back in Sweden in January for some skiing  ...

aha, that sounds interesting but your family must be thrilled and most likely can't wait to January then.
2016-11-25
Use props
Lillhulken
New

Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-25 11:28
No will be bringing family home for Christmas , will be back in Sweden in January for some skiing  ...

Hi Hallmark.

You that are not Swedish can use and film with your drone in Sweden.
You are under the EU and Irland law for drone's.
How it is about publish what you have captured on the internet I don't know, but for private use it's okey.
I think, but not sure if you have to follow the Swedish LFV law for flying near airport's. Like Stockholm, that part I can't answer.
More information from LFV: http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/dronare

Have a nice time and christmas in Sweden.
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Lillhulken Posted at 2016-11-30 15:08
Hi Hallmark.

Thank you nice to hear that.
2016-11-30
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Lillhulken Posted at 2016-11-30 15:08
Hi Hallmark.

HI.

I think you have to re read the things that are written in the post above. You CAN fly in Sweden if you have a Drone Company registered in EU. This is NOT valid for a private person.

And of course you have to follow the rules according to Luftfartsverket regardless.
2016-11-30
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-30 17:23
Thank you nice to hear that.

Hi Hallmark,

Be careful the previous statement was not correct, you need to have a Company registered with EU.
It's not "open" for any citizen in EU.

2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-30 20:09
Hi Hallmark,

Be careful the previous statement was not correct, you need to have a Company regis ...

Ok I am a registered UAV pilot but not company registered,
2016-11-30
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-30 20:38
Ok I am a registered UAV pilot but not company registered,

Ok thats good but from the perspective of the law you are "swedish" But I hope you will have a nice stay anyways. We have it a little colder then i Hungary I guess.
2016-11-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Hungary

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-30 21:10
Ok thats good but from the perspective of the law you are "swedish" But I hope you will have a nic ...

I'm just visiting Budapest I'm Irish , my daughter and two grandchildren live in Upsala, I love the place.
Thank you
2016-11-30
Use props
Lillhulken
New

Sweden

Flybee Posted at 2016-11-30 19:46
HI.

I think you have to re read the things that are written in the post above. You CAN fly in Swe ...

I am not really sure if you are correct on that one, because I have read on their site somewhere that also EU citizen (no company) can user their drone in Sweden.

// Patrik
2016-12-1
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Lillhulken Posted at 2016-12-1 09:02
I am not really sure if you are correct on that one, because I have read on their site somewhere t ...

Hi Patrik

That sounds good but I have seen some changes are on their way, for instance

http://www.fotosidan.se/cldoc/la ... arfotografering.htm
https://www.easa.europa.eu/downl ... 20the%20ANPA_SV.pdf

and now the final thing about companies and citizens

http://digital.di.se/artikel/kry ... attar-inte-eu-bolag

If you can come to any other conclusion than I will be happy.
2016-12-1
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Lillhulken Posted at 2016-12-1 09:02
I am not really sure if you are correct on that one, because I have read on their site somewhere that also EU citizen (no company) can user their drone in Sweden.

// Patrik

Good news for Christmas.

http://www.riksdagen.se/sv/webb- ... ningskameror_H41082
2016-12-17
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
Norway

Ordered my combo 03.10 and havent heard anything from my dealer (Dustinhome) But i did get a 230 usd discount wich is nice

I live in the northern parts of Norway, not far from Lofoten.. Sometimes, i wish i bought the drone via DJI.
2016-12-17
Use props
Wille_W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263550 ft
Sweden

Bpup Posted at 2016-12-17 14:00
Ordered my combo 03.10 and havent heard anything from my dealer (Dustinhome) But i did get a 230 usd discount wich is nice

I live in the northern parts of Norway, not far from Lofoten.. Sometimes, i wish i bought the drone via DJI.

Did they give you that due to late delivery or did you just find it with that really good price?

I ordered from Dustinhome in Sweden the 2.10 and haven't heard anything either...
2016-12-17
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

I should have my Fly more combo on Tuesday.
Changed my order to RCPro.no last weekend when they claimed that they had it in stock.
Got a email on Sunday that i was to late placing my order, but that they should receive more units soon.
The only "problem" is that i live in Sandnes and the store is in Lofoten. Shipping is done by truck.
Good thing i have the week after x-mas off. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Update 19. December 2016
Received my Mavic Fly More Combo
I'm quite besides myself.
2016-12-17
Use props
FedsRevenge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2487 ft
Norway

Just received an email from Elefun.no that my Mavic Pro fly more combo has been shipped. Ordered 4. Oct.
2016-12-20
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Norway

Wille_W Posted at 2016-12-17 14:12
Did they give you that due to late delivery or did you just find it with that really good price?

I ordered from Dustinhome in Sweden the 2.10 and haven't heard anything either...

They put the wrong price in for the Mavic combo when it was announced. 12.299 instead of 14.299.
They quickly fixed the pricing afterwards..

Wrote them an email about shipping.. No response yet..
2016-12-20
Use props
fansef6e9440
New

Norway

Orderd the Mavic fly more combo on Elefun.no 26.10.16, havent heard anything. Today i went on prisjakt.no to check if anyone have it in stock and found out that fotoerik.no have them and will start send them out on Friday 13.01.17, so i placed the order. crossing my fingers.

http://fotoerik.no/droner/dji/dji-mavic-flymore-combo
2017-1-10
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

fansef6e9440 Posted at 2017-1-10 08:06
Orderd the Mavic fly more combo on Elefun.no 26.10.16, havent heard anything. Today i went on prisjakt.no to check if anyone have it in stock and found out that fotoerik.no have them and will start send them out on Friday 13.01.17, so i placed the order. crossing my fingers.

http://fotoerik.no/droner/dji/dji-mavic-flymore-combo

That's good news for scandinavia. there are some swedish retailers that say that the will arrive on the 12:th and some other dates in jan. Let us hope that it's true. Good luck on getting yours
2017-1-10
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Norway

Still no real response from Dustinhome.. it seems that they know nothing, John Snow.. and that they dont care when they get their mavics,
2017-1-10
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

I understand if fully banned to fly in Sweden (which is stupid by the way). Hope you get your bird soon.
2017-1-10
Use props
OceanK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 289757 ft
Sweden

Hello! im all new here in the forum. I live in Gothenburgh and I recived my dji mavic pro fly more package 2017-01-09
Due to the weather I havent been able to test it yet. When the weather is OK, I will fly it and upload to my youtube channel.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules