ND Filters
2847 35 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

ND filters for the Mavic...I know Polar Pro's offerings are on pre-order. DJI's own versions aren't yet announced. Is anyone using anything else that is readily available that I've missed?
2016-11-24
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waiting on Polar Pro also as eBay has several one-off items -> eBay Link in US

PGYTECH look interesting and have several packages, but I'm waiting for better availability ->
PGYTECH Link on eBay

2016-11-24
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Or try these        
2016-11-24
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

Thanks for these! Has anyone tried these filters? Call me prejudiced, but I wonder what kind of quality 6-10 bucks buys.
2016-11-25
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

wysiwyg Posted at 2016-11-25 15:29
Thanks for these! Has anyone tried these filters? Call me prejudiced, but I wonder what kind of qual ...

Can someone acknowledge that "normal" constructed filters like the polar pro obstruct the Gimbal Initialisation and need to be attached afterwards ?
If so the PGYTECH look like they can be a real improvement.
Anyone ?
(Read about that POSSIBLE Problem in rcgroups. I got the filters but not the Mavic so i need your help :-)

Nils
2016-11-25
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-25 13:37
Can someone acknowledge that "normal" constructed filters like the polar pro obstruct the Gimbal I ...

I've just been looking at the polar pro filters until now. How are the PGYTECH an improvement? They are both press on fit, right?
2016-11-25
Use props
nils_heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

stealle Posted at 2016-11-25 20:54
I've just been looking at the polar pro filters until now. How are the PGYTECH an improvement? The ...

Hi !
It seems that some of the filters can not be attached during the startup sequence, either because they are too heavy (although gimbal has been calibrated with them) OR because they obstruct the initialisation process mechanically.

i cannot know as i got filters but no mavic yet (sigh), look here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... amp;postcount=15919
and
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... amp;postcount=15932

The mechanical problem could be countered by the "exotic" form of the above linked PGYTech Filters, no idea about their weight.

Nils
2016-11-25
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-25 15:00
Hi !
It seems that some of the filters can not be attached during the startup sequence, either bec ...

The RCGroup links are talking about the Polar Pro ND filters which fit over the Mavic camera using a rubber compression band to hold them on.. They are very good filters. Click here to see the Polar Pro three pack..

DJI will eventually offer filters....... someday......

The following is not an endorsement, just information ->

The PGYTECH filters are also push-on attachments for the Mavic camera. They weigh 1.3g. They are actually coming from the PGYTECH store on AliExpress. The company has been in business since 2012 with Alibabba and has good reviews (again, not an endorsement):

Click here to see the items on AliExpress...
2016-11-28
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-11-28 14:36
The RCGroup links are talking about the Polar Pro ND filters which fit over the Mavic camera using  ...

Are you sure they screw on?  I'm not seeing where this is mentioned.  It sure looks like they press on just like the Polar Pro ones.
2016-11-28
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-11-28 17:50
Are you sure they screw on?  I'm not seeing where this is mentioned.  It sure looks like they pres ...

You are correct, thanks for keeping me honest..... These are also push-on:

Perfect push on fitting for DJI MAVIC

Corrected above post... Thanks Colonel!!
2016-11-28
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our 3-Packs and 6-Packs are now Shipping
-PolarPro
2016-11-28
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-28 20:18
-PolarPro

Thanks for the heads-up!!!

What does the average Polar Pro ND filter for the Mavic Pro weigh?

Any comments relative to BladeStrike's comments linked in post #7 above?
Click here to see post #7
2016-11-28
Use props
wysiwyg
lvl.1

Malaysia

@PolarPro

A couple of questions...
1) What's the shipping time to Malaysia, or alternatively to the Maldives? (I'm in Malaysia but going to the Maldives December 8th and hoping to have ND filters for the Mavic there in that bright sun!)
2) Are your pressure-fit filters light enough to leave on all the times including during the startup sequence?

Thanks!
2016-11-29
Use props
CC8877
lvl.3
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

I paid the 6 packs at hobbymounts, your UK dealer. Last week they told me they have it coming and ready to be shipped (that's before paying). Yesterday they told me that I have to wait another two weeks.

Hope that it does not become the never ending story.
2016-11-30
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-11-28 17:18
-PolarPro

Hi
I been reading and heard that the filter needs to be installed after the mavics gimbal initialize..
So when i swap battery,  i would need to removed the filter, and install after gimbal initialize..
Is this corrected?
2016-12-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-11-28 17:45
Thanks for the heads-up!!!

What does the average Polar Pro ND filter for the Mavic Pro weigh?

You are very welcome!
These filters weigh 1.6 grams.
-PolarPro
2016-12-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

wysiwyg Posted at 2016-11-29 05:36
@PolarPro

A couple of questions...

1. Shipping to Malaysia is 5 days via DHL or 20 to 30 days via Standard Shipping.

2. The filters should be installed after turning the gimbal on. It has to do with thickness not weight. The filters are well within the operating capacity of the Mavic's gimbal.

Let us know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff
2016-12-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pekkle Posted at 2016-12-1 11:22
Hi
I been reading and heard that the filter needs to be installed after the mavics gimbal initial ...

Yes, you are correct, you will simply remove the filter and then turn the Mavic on.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff
2016-12-1
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-1 16:27
Yes, you are correct, you will simply remove the filter and then turn the Mavic on.
Let us know i ...

Thanks,
I ordered my filters about a week ago. Should be getting them in soon.
Ill let you guys know my personal review.
2016-12-2
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pekkle Posted at 2016-12-3 00:08
Thanks,
I ordered my filters about a week ago. Should be getting them in soon.
Ill let you guys k ...

Awesome thank you very much for the support!
-Jeff
2016-12-2
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

Skip the Polar Pro filters, they a overpriced, there are other brands on Amazon using the same materials for less $$$ and they are shipping now
2016-12-2
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
Mexico

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-3 02:28
Skip the Polar Pro filters, they a overpriced, there are other brands on Amazon using the same mater ...

But do they offer a lifetime warranty, dedicated customer service, and a staff that can answer when to use the filters?

2016-12-2
Use props
MavicNewbie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

I thought we could always keep the filter on: rebooting, with gimbal cover, carry with etc...
Now every time it needs to be reinstalled. Isn't the whole point of Mavic portable and convenient?

Edit:
I really like the effect of these filters, but the usability is a huge concern to me.

2016-12-2
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-2 15:36
But do they offer a lifetime warranty, dedicated customer service, and a staff that can answer whe ...

I ordered your filters from Amazon, and you sent me the wrong thing 3 times. Someone must have put the wrong sticker on on an entire box of filters, because over and over you kept sending the wrong ones. Eventually i got the filters and was not impressed with the quality. I really wish someone would make HIGH QUALITY drone filters like i have for my camera
2016-12-3
Use props
P3T3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-2 18:36
But do they offer a lifetime warranty, dedicated customer service, and a staff that can answer whe ...

Is there a link to the cinema series filters? What's the difference, I don't see them on the site anywhere. I too ordered the 6 pack and am awaiting their arrival. Little upset about the installation. Mainly because of battery changing. It's not like it's just once for the day. If the CS version is allowed to be left on I'd much rather have that.
2016-12-3
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
Mexico

MavicNewbie Posted at 2016-12-3 07:42
I thought we could always keep the filter on: rebooting, with gimbal cover, carry with etc...
Now ev ...

That is a great thought, here are a couple points: you are correct the cost of having to reinstall after start-up is 1 to 2 seconds of your time. The benefit is the filter is longer and actually acts as a small lens hood while flying.

I personally dont mind, but it seems a lot of pilots want to leave it on, so we designed the Cinema Series to stay on. These will be available mid-January and you will be able to trade in your current filters for the CS if you wish.

Thank you very much for the feedback and support,

Jeff
2016-12-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
Mexico

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-4 03:03
I ordered your filters from Amazon, and you sent me the wrong thing 3 times. Someone must have put ...

Unfortunately we can't control Amazon's shipments as they do it in house. But we are more than happy to help you out if you order on our site or send us an email directly: Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com or support@polarprofilters.com

Thank you for the feedback, I will look into that shipping.

Jeff
2016-12-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
Mexico

P3T3 Posted at 2016-12-4 06:43
Is there a link to the cinema series filters? What's the difference, I don't see them on the site ...

Appreciate the feedback,
The CS will go live on the Side towards the end of December,

Thank you for the support,

Jeff
2016-12-4
Use props
int0x80
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668015 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-4 10:50
That is a great thought, here are a couple points: you are correct the cost of having to reinstall ...

Thanks for the reply. That would be great. I will definitely grab one set when the `always on` version rolls out.
2016-12-4
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-4 07:50
That is a great thought, here are a couple points: you are correct the cost of having to reinstall after start-up is 1 to 2 seconds of your time. The benefit is the filter is longer and actually acts as a small lens hood while flying.

I personally dont mind, but it seems a lot of pilots want to leave it on, so we designed the Cinema Series to stay on. These will be available mid-January and you will be able to trade in your current filters for the CS if you wish.

Hi Jeff.
Just comfirming. I can trade in my 6filter set for the CS when it releases?

Thanks

2016-12-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

nils_heidorn Posted at 2016-11-25 19:37
Can someone acknowledge that "normal" constructed filters like the polar pro obstruct the Gimbal Initialisation and need to be attached afterwards ?
If so the PGYTECH look like they can be a real improvement.
Anyone ?

Yes they do...
2016-12-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
Mexico

Pekkle Posted at 2016-12-5 12:15
Hi Jeff.
Just comfirming. I can trade in my 6filter set for the CS when it releases?

Yes, Absolutely,

When they launch late December just shoot me or Dan an email:
Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com or Dan.M@Polarprofilters.com

Thanks!
-Jeff
2016-12-5
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

So can the PGY Tech filters be left on? or are they in the same boat as the polar pro?
2016-12-5
Use props
Pekkle
lvl.2

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-6 05:51
Yes, Absolutely,

When they launch late December just shoot me or Dan an email:

I did speak to Dan few days ago, I'll shoot him an email once the CS release .
Thanks
2016-12-5
Use props
Rlivingston
lvl.2

United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-4 10:50

Hey Jeff,

I ordered a 3-Pack recently and would love to eventually trade them in for the upcoming CS filters. How does this process work? I have not yet opened my filters so I am better off leaving them sealed and eventually shipping them back to you guys with whatever the upgrade cost is?
2016-12-5
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rlivingston Posted at 2016-12-5 20:39
Hey Jeff,

I ordered a 3-Pack recently and would love to eventually trade them in for the upcoming CS filters. How does this process work? I have not yet opened my filters so I am better off leaving them sealed and eventually shipping them back to you guys with whatever the upgrade cost is?

Awesome, please open them, fly them around and use them until the Cinema Series are shipping.
We will begin the upgrade process late December and start shipping the CS early January.

Just shoot us an email when the CS go live on the site (late December) and we will get you all set up.
Until then please enjoy the filters and capture some great content.
-Jeff

2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules