Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings All,

Sharing a quick clip with a compilation of footage from the first couple test flights last week. Mixed/matched footage and framerates as I was testing out settings to evaluate jello/looks/etc so no pride of ownership on the video, but nice enough to share with people so they have a reasonable idea what to expect. Generally, very pleased with the Mavic - a lot like my Phantom 3 Pro but with more collision avoidance, smarter brains and a HECK of a lot smaller. Overall, I'm a fan.

2016-11-24
Use props
fansb99660f8
New
United States

Any issues with loss of GPS signal and switching to ATTI mode?
2016-11-25
Use props
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

No real issues thus far. Only taken it on 3 real test flights of sorts. My procedure was.

1) Charge battery/controller to 100%
2) Do full firmware update on everything possible
3) Calibrate IMU, Gimbal and Controller

From there - everything performed right as advertised. I did have one warning of strong interference which was concerning. When I encountered that, I immediately power cycled both the controller and Mavic and did not get the warning again. I was close to high tension power lines (1/8 mile maybe) so it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that that was the cause of the warning - and as far as I could see, only got that once at my home point (which was closest to the lines as compared to my area of flight). As far as GPS to ATTI, have not encountered that yet. (or hopefully ever)

Right now, it's all packed away in preparation for my New Zealand trip coming up. I'm a bit reluctant to tempt fate between now and my trip but I may take it up for another go sometime this week.
2016-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules