2927 29 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

Hello,
after long waiting I got on Saturday my Mavic. Was so exciting to fly. I was not able to test everything but till the moment it crashed I was really happy with the flight performance. I was not able to start footage testing and on my flight back to my position the Mavic was not anymore following my control and crashed in a huge wide park into the pale - so frustrating, gimbal demolished, Rotors broken
Now the Mavic is on the way to their service center, hope they find the problem and can fix it.
2016-11-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh man that really sucks sorry for the loss.
Did u upload your flight logs here?
2016-11-24
Use props
jkvenuti64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88543 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is becoming all too common...this drone has issues
2016-11-24
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

I uploaded the files just with the App and hope that they fix it soon, I wanted to take it for my next trip but now I'm waiting again - this will stay in my memories forever, since the order just waiting, it will take a while till i have the right balance again
2016-11-24
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>
United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2016-11-25 09:03

6 hours of flawless flying on mine knock on wood. Hope these are flukes that seek out the forum (as I would too) and don't reflect tons of people like me with no issues.
2016-11-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Record video of the playback, including your sticks visible and post it here please.
2016-11-24
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

The App has a feature to save the video?
2016-11-27
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-11-27 21:30
The App has a feature to save the video?

the app will download/save all video. Click Editor in the DJI Go app
2016-11-27
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

I thought Nees comment, he meant something different
2016-11-27
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2016-11-24 17:03

Nope. Thermal winds
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your crash, what is your email and sync your flight records and I'd like to look at your flight.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2016-11-24 19:03

There's tens of thousands of Mavics out there and there may be a few that have experienced some difficulty but I would hardly say the drone has issues.
People always post when something is wrong but very few post when everything is right.
If the general consensus was the drone has issues, there would be thousands of complaints.
2016-11-27
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2016-11-24 17:03

Been flying mine 2-3 times a day since it arrived.

No issues.
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 13:37
There's tens of thousands of Mavics out there and there may be a few that have experienced some di ...

"Tens of thousands" ???

With all due respect, then why are there people who pre-ordered on Day 1 still waiting for a shipping notice?  Why do virtually no retailers have them?  Why have most dealers not received a single unit?  (I spoke with 6 over the weekend)  Where are these tens of thousands of units?
2016-11-28
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-28 07:15
"Tens of thousands" ???

With all due respect, then why are there people who pre-ordered on Day 1  ...

I think he meant "ten OR a thousand."
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-28 06:15
"Tens of thousands" ???

With all due respect, then why are there people who pre-ordered on Day 1  ...

You have to remember, there are tons of people who are not on social media or the DJI forum who have ordered.
I don't know the exact number shipped but that is only my guess.
Even if they have 1 or 2 weeks of preorders shipped that's probably tens of thousands, if you remember the ordering webpage was overwhelmed for the first week and that's when most everyone preordered.
2016-11-28
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 09:44
You have to remember, there are tons of people who are not on social media or the DJI forum who ha ...

lol. you deleted his post, but also quoted it.
2016-11-28
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 23:33
Sorry for your crash, what is your email and sync your flight records and I'd like to look at your f ...

Ken,
data is synced and mail: dji(at)heidle.de
Drone arrived today in CA
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-11-30 15:24
Ken,
data is synced and mail: dji(at)heidle.de
Drone arrived today in CA

Feel free to post a video clip of your flight from the flight records screen with the stick inputs overlaid.
I don't see any error, I only see you flying is sport mode at full throttle for almost the whole flight and your altitude was very low (16ft) and you were too low and crashed into the building.

Again, I do not see any error so please post the video of your flight record so others can see as well and maybe have a different conclusion.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jkvenuti64 Posted at 2016-11-24 18:03

I believe it's user error, read my prior post.
And yes, it's becoming all too common, flying in Sport Mode 15ft up and that can happen.
2016-11-30
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

There was no building, just a small stage, around 3-5 feet. You can see that this was not the whole time in sport mode. It was just the last flight, to try the sport mode. As I mentioned in my first thread I wanted to return in my last round and the Mavic was somehow not following my control - with the 16ft it should be easily over all obstacles on this place, it's a huge soccer field and even the goals are below 8ft.
How can I save the video? How long does it normally take to get some feedback from the service team - I'm traveling in December again and I would like to take the Mavic with me, actually I'm in Texas and I miss my Mavic.
2016-11-30
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

It's just what I have in mind from that day. I would never fly at 16 ft in an area with obstacles, not with a 1k USD drone - therefore soccer field with place for around 4 simultaneous games
2016-11-30
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 09:44
You have to remember, there are tons of people who are not on social media or the DJI forum who ha ...

Ken,

I've been reading all of your posts and just wanted to reach out and thank you for continuing to take such an active role in trying to sort through all of this stuff. It's got to be an under-appreciated effort. I applaud your efforts!

I've had my bird for two days now and just did my first mini-test flight this evening. All went without a hitch but I always start out very slowly and with great caution. (Both P3Pro's are flying perfectly on FW 1.4 and DJI Go 2.4.3, P2v+ is out of service with the burned out wifi module issue but all in all I'm quite happy!)

Thanks again for all your work and involvement!

Jerry
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-11-30 18:25
There was no building, just a small stage, around 3-5 feet. You can see that this was not the whole  ...

From the map it looked like a building, you said it is only 3-5ft but I can see a decent size shadow behind it so it looks much higher then 3-5ft. What did the Mavic crash into if it wasn't the stage? from the Google map it looks like the railing around the back of the stage is just about the height of where the Mavic crashed.

I see your stick input with a 68% bank to try and make it come back towards your direction but in full foward pitch in Sport Mode it's going to make a wide turn and that's when it hit whatever it hit.
Your stick movements show this.

And what do you mean about saving the video, are you talking about the recorded video from the SD card? If so, you use the editor and you can download it to your phone/tablet with the Mavic powered on.
Since your Mavic has already arrived in Carson then you cannot do that.
Did you try and save the video to your computer?
Since it was just received today, it has to go through logistics, so hopefully by the end of the week they'll tell you what the deal is.

Again, you said the Mavic was not following your control anymore, but it's moving exactly how you were moving the sticks.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-11-30 18:30
Ken,

I've been reading all of your posts and just wanted to reach out and thank you for continuin ...

Jerry,
Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Sorry about the P2V, but I'm sure you get much more joy flying the Mavic
You can get a WiFi module for a pretty decent price, innovative UAS has tons of parts for the old Phantoms.
https://innovativeuas.com/
2016-11-30
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

I haven't saved anything to my PC, so the data should be on the Mavic I guess.
As you probably see on the data the last curve before it hit the stage was different than the other turns. Normally I was flying like a tight donut with a sharp turn but the last was somehow different, I can't describe it completely but there was just a long curve and then it crashed - I'm not the professional drone pilot but I have experience with flying stuff and drones since a while.
Ken, I really appreciate your hard work here and I know it's not always a nice job, but please don't push me in the corner that I'm not knowing what I do and that it was obvious that it will crash.
When I'm back from my trip I try to make a photo of the stage where it
crashed - where should I send it?
Hopefully the Mavic will be repaired asap - I think the drone is one of the coolest gadgets 2016
2016-11-30
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Mavic is repaired and already on the way back to me - good job DJI, repair was really fast
2016-12-2
Use props
HellFire77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 390863 ft
  • >>>
Canada

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-3 09:52
Mavic is repaired and already on the way back to me - good job DJI, repair was really fast

Wow that seemed fast. I might have to send mine in for some warranty repair. What was the shipping time, repair time and return shipping time. Did you have to pay for shipping one way or both ways?
2016-12-3
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
United States

Was really fast, longest was delivery - Michigan to California takes a while with UPS Ground, but label from DJI. Arrived Wednesday late afternoon, quote, payment, repair, test and left DJI yesterday (Friday). I would say it was like a formula 1 stop
2016-12-3
Use props
fansea1e504f
lvl.2

United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-28 13:43
Been flying mine 2-3 times a day since it arrived.

No issues.

same here I have 20 flights on mine, and knock on wood have never had a issue.
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules