Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
For Those Experiencing GPS Loss with Firmware 16
4087 14 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbienz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39567 ft
United States

I contacted DJI support and let them know that I and many of you are having issues with loss of GPS after takeoff with version 16. I also let them know that this wasn't happening before version 16 came out.

They asked me to send my flight logs to help them determine what might be going wrong. I asked them if they would like logs from other users too and they said they would.

Here is how to extract your flight logs:

How to export flight data(Windows Only).pdf
Inspire_SDCard_Installer_mac.dmg
extract Flightlog for Windows.zip

The only problem is that the place they want you to upload your logs is a file sharing site called MEGA. The folder they told me to upload to is:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!Q4kBiTIC!7FfTQ-2LgdZFkS-Kt7imDQ

It looks like they may have to invite each of you independently. You can try first and if you have troubles uploading contact inspire1@dji.com and tell them you want to contribute a flight log to help with the issue "Firmware 16 and GPS Loss".

Hopefully we can get a fix for this soon.
2015-2-9
Use props
jbienz
lvl.2
United States

I just realized that the instructions they sent me for getting my flight logs are actually for the Vision 2. There is no download link for the same application under the Inspire. Does anyone know know to extract your flight logs from the Inspire? I know several have had to do it for support reasons.

Thanks
2015-2-9
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I've seen you actually use the vision assistant to access the SD card inside the inspire
2015-2-9
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

Are you also running iOS 9.2 ?  I had same issue with GPS dropping out constantly and DJI tech. told me that it was actually an issue with the last iOS version 9.2.  Since I upgraded both the firmware and iOS to the latest versions at the same time I can't be sure which caused the difference in GPS performance. All was well with .14 Firmware and iOS 9.1. Then there are people who say they aren't having any of these GPS issues running the latest iOS and firmware.  Hope there wasn't some change in hardware, and some of us got different GPS builds.
2015-2-9
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

paul.swieconek. Posted at 2015-2-10 01:13
Are you also running iOS 9.2 ?  I had same issue with GPS dropping out constantly and DJI tech. told ...

No i'm running android 1.0.5 and oddly enough I flew 3 batteries today and the third battery (in different location as first 2) I lost GPS twice in first 2 minutes of flight, after that it was good but one lasted a good 30-40 seconds.  
2015-2-9
Use props
jbienz
lvl.2
United States

Got this response back from DJI today:

Hi Jared,
If others also faced this problem, he/she could contact us with this email, and we will send an inviting email to get the log files.

and please attach your contact information as below: Thank you
name/country
S/N number of your inspire 1
buying channel
Best Regards
DJI Tech support

So, if you'd like to help get this problem resolved please reach out to inspire1@dji.com and request to send in your log and help with the GPS Loss issue.
2015-2-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

hook a monitor to the hdmi out on the Tx and see sat count
2015-2-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Its a temp solution till new formware is out
monitor was 140 bucks cost of a battery and you use it for  your spotter!!
Also to frame camera shots instead of the ipad which you cant see in sunlight..Monitor sunshade..hello..
2015-2-10
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received my Inspire . I'm running the Pilot .9.2 The main controller Firmware is 1.15. My 1st 3 flights started off fine. After about 20 seconds and accent they stopped hovering and slowly took off. All 3 times I panicked and brought them down quickly. I didn't notice on the app if GPS signal was lost but they behaved though they did. Later in the day I recalibrated  the IMU. Performed a test flight and the same problem occurred. I attempted another flight and when it began drifting I performed a sudden backward move to attempt to bring the Inspire back. After this sudden movement the Inspire performed fine and 3 short flights after that were fine. No problems.

I noticed that before each of the departures from hovering the gimbal jerked and then the Inspire began drifting.

If it creeps up again I will report it.
2015-2-10
Use props
madh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1978114 ft
Canada

Just received my Inspire. Flew outside about 4 times so far. In every flight it went from full bars to losing GPS signal to Compass calibration error!  Yes, I've calibrated IMU & calibrated compass repeatedly.  
2015-2-21
Use props
ZeroCool
lvl.2

United States

1st time I flew mine today with no issues. I'm running 1.0.1 on iphone 5s, was really enjoying it till it started snowing. i noticed some drifting but it's very controllable, i think its supposed to do that when you're on P mode since it's getting its feed from sats. didn't notice any drop in sat signal. I'll try again tomorrow and see if i notice something similar.
2015-2-21
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Look slike losing GPS and Comm with the remote are reproducible issues with new software and latest builds i think people should fly cautiously BEFORE they cause damage or lose their Inspire 1:@
2015-2-22
Use props
sstsg6377
lvl.1

United States

I have had this problem also go about 10 feet up and lose GPS. I wonder is it something to do when it switches from sonar to GPS if it is a known bug will it get fixed DJI?
2015-2-22
Use props
info.dynamiceng
New

South Africa

Also having the same problem. This kit is expensive - who pays for a fly away....
2015-4-14
Use props
info.dynamiceng
New

South Africa

Also don't know, when firmware is released what it's supposed to fix.
2015-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules