HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) p4pro?
12Next >
7114 46 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module

does the p4pro need this module?

just looking for needed accessories for the p4pro (i purchased the one with the built in screen).

cheers.
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As far as I can figure, it does not need the HDMI module, you only need that if you want to connect goggles to the RC unit. But I believe the RC unit with built-in screen has a HDMI output on the screen itself.
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha marc,

You purchased the P4 Pro + (plus).  It uses the GL300E controller with the 720p HDMI module, (that you can buy for the P3P, P3A, P4 and P4 Pro), already installed.  But note the GL300E controller uses the 720p version of HDMI.  The 720p version HDMI module on the GL300E controller is compatible with goggles and monitors, just like the other Phantoms noted earlier.  The P4 Pro will be able to used the CrystalSky monitor, that has built-in 1080p HDMI, when it comes out later because it needs a device to work.  With the P4 Pro you need to supply your own device like all the other Phantoms (later than the P2).

For those reading this thread who want a P4 Pro but also want HDMI, you can buy the 720p HDMI module from DJI ($100) and install it like you can with the other Phantoms noted above.  The P4 Pro only has USB.  The P4 Pro with the 720p HDMI module will also be able to use the CrystalSky monitor, with its 1080p HDMI, when it comes out later.

One difference between the built in screen on the P4 Pro + (plus) and the 5.5" CrystalSky monitor is that the 5.5" CrystalSky monitor has a way thicker frame that allows the built-in HDMI socket.  The P4 Pro + (plus) screen frame is half the thickness of the CrystalSky monitors.

Hope this helps!  I can be very confusing.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 12:43
As far as I can figure, it does not need the HDMI module, you only need that if you want to connect  ...

Aloha Geebax,

This subject is real confusing.  I had to look at the images of all the devices and modules concerned and get corrected a few times before I was able to figure it all out.  

If somehow the GL300F (and the already installed HDMI module on the GL300E) is able to put out 1080p HDMI from the stock HDMI module DJI sells for $100, then I may get corrected again!  But, I am pretty sure DJI already corrected me and said the HDMI module only puts out 720p no matter which Phantom remote controller it is installed on.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

soooo..

ALoha Cetacean,

Thank you for your very precise response, but that made me more confused as ever.

I just need to know if this module will work with the p4pro with built in screen and/or does it offer any more functionality than what i will have with the RC with the built in screen.
please note this is my first ever drone purchase (old mavic pro pre order convert) and I am ignorant to the world of drones...
2016-11-24
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-24 18:33
Aloha Geebax,

This subject is real confusing.  I had to look at the images of all the device ...

did you change your user name slightly, or is my mind failing again, or more.
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-11-24 18:47
did you change your user name slightly, or is my mind failing again, or more.

Aloha Kneepuck,

Yes, DJI has a new policy that parts of email addresses for the DJI account cannot be used for Avatar monikers.  Good to see you back in the Forum.  Your humor and advice, when we can tell them apart, is well appreciated.  Of course that is the best kind of advice!

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.  I am having mine on Saturday.  Beat the crowds!

Aloha and Drone on!
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since you purchased the P4Pro+ there is no need for the module as the + already has a HDMI out.
And since you are a new drone user, DJI's aircraft have incredible technology built into them and you really need to know all the features, functions, and limitations.
If you read over the complete manual a few times you will better appreciate the aircraft as you will fully know how it operates.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.0.pdf
2016-11-24
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ooh ive been reading  and watching videos for the last 2 months in regards to flying, etc but since the p4p is new i wanted to know what accessories i may potentially need so i can get those ordered and  out of the way.

appreciate the succinct response!
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-24 19:48
Since you purchased the P4Pro+ there is no need for the module as the + already has a HDMI out.
An ...

Aloha Ken,

Now, I am starting to get confused.  I came across some some non-DJI videos about the P4 Pro and P4 Pro+ (plus) and they are indicating that the HDMI module on the P4 Pro+ (plus) is 1080p and have an SD card slot.  This would mean it may be an entirely new module.  Is that true?  If so I have been spreading misinformation.  Mahalo in advance for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-29 19:06
Aloha Ken,

Now, I am starting to get confused.  I came across some some non-DJI videos about ...

Yes, it is not the same module.
If you want to add the HDMI module to the P4P, you can install the regular HDMI module.
2016-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-29 09:03
Yes, it is not the same module.
If you want to add the HDMI module to the P4P, you can install the ...

Aloha Ken,

Is the new HDMI module 1080p HDMI?  

If the P4 Pro adds a regular HDMI module, will it handle 1080p?

I actually want to know this for my own planned purchase, so I am not just trying to be Mr. Nice guy- helper!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-29 17:24
Aloha Ken,

Is the new HDMI module 1080p HDMI?  

It's not a new HDMI module, it's just the module that's attached to the + version.
The module will not work on another non+ RC.
The resolution from the HDMI is 720.
2016-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-29 12:49
It's not a new HDMI module, it's just the module that's attached to the + version.
The module will ...

Aloha Ken,

Mahalo for the help!  At least I was only half wrong.  I went back and saw the vents in the new HDMI module and that also got me worried.  On the new HDMI module for the P4 Pro+ (plus), is the 4th slot a CAN expansion port or an SD card slot?  Some testers have said it is an SD card slot.

BTW, will the current HDMI module for the P3P, P3A & P4 work on the P4 Pro or does it have to have the extras in it like the one for the P4 Pro+ (plus)?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-29 21:44
Aloha Ken,

Mahalo for the help!  At least I was only half wrong.  I went back and saw the ve ...

It has 4 slots on the +, canbus, HDMI, SD, and Micro USB.
2016-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-29 19:46
It has 4 slots on the +, canbus, HDMI, SD, and Micro USB.

Aloha Ken,

Wow, you are working hard and late tonight!  Mahalo for the help!  Glad the DJI GO 4.0 Android came out and shipping is moving along.  These guys get nasty when they cannot get their fix!  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-29 22:51
Aloha Ken,

Wow, you are working hard and late tonight!  Mahalo for the help!  Glad the DJI G ...

Yes, i'm here most days and nights.
Mahalo
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-30 04:53
Yes, i'm here most days and nights.
Mahalo

Aloha Ken,

I hope you get to fly at some point soon.  You mentioned this was going to be a tough time before it started.  You may have understated it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-1 05:59
Aloha Ken,

I hope you get to fly at some point soon.  You mentioned this was going to be a t ...

It's not a big deal as I'm doing what I love so it makes it much easier
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-30 12:08
It's not a big deal as I'm doing what I love so it makes it much easier

Aloha Ken,

Well, that is easily understood!  Mahalo none-the-less!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 15:29
Aloha Ken,

Well, that is easily understood!  Mahalo none-the-less!

And you too, have a great rest of the week, and hope to make it sometime and fly with you on your adventurous flights
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-30 15:20
And you too, have a great rest of the week, and hope to make it sometime and fly with you on your  ...

Aloha Ken,

Sorry to keep bugging you on this HDMI and P4 Pro issue but I will be putting in my order soon and need to get some things straight.  Right now my plan is to use the P4 Pro and wait until the CrystalSky comes out.  I want the 1080p for display and also 1080p HDMI output like the DJI Goggles.  The bright screen is killer!  Bummer about the new HDMI module.  I was hoping.

Until then, I will be using my nVidia Shield K1 as my Android device.  It has display capability and HDMI out that will go up to 4K.  

Will the new P4 Pro remote controller be able to put 1080p live view on my nVidia Shield K1 or another Android device approved by DJI?  (The link would be USB through a cable provided by DJI or specified by DJI.)

Mahalo again for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 18:10
Aloha Ken,

Sorry to keep bugging you on this HDMI and P4 Pro issue but I will be putting in  ...

I have the new P4P+ with built-in screen.  HDMI out was the FIRST THING I tested.  It looks great, but seems to be 720p.  The built-in display looks more like a Samsung Note 4 (1440p) and is extremely impressive in its reproduction of color, brightness, depth.

I connected directly to a 65" Samsung Series 9 curved 4k.  If you want the 1080 HDMI, you already know the answer - K1 with HDMI out.
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Oh, also...  There was a tiny bit of latency on the TV (HDMI OUT) compared to the built-in display.  Speaking of latency on the built-in display...  IT IS ALMOST non-existent!  It's SWEEEEET.

So moving the camera around quickly is realized coherently on the built-in display, but some lag was seen on the TV.  This is to be expected since outputting to 2 devices basically.
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-1 10:13
I have the new P4P+ with built-in screen.  HDMI out was the FIRST THING I tested.  It looks great, ...

Aloha Flies,

Shhhhh!!!!!!  I been working on this for days now!  And I only been half wrong sometimes!

Yes, it is confirmed that the HDMI out is 720p.  But, how about that display!  I have to wait for the 7.85" version of the full CrystalSky though.  I have a problem with small screens, even ones with high resolution, although the nVidia Shield K1 8 incher has got me looking again.  So, I think I will be able to work with the CrystalSky 7.85" device.  But the DJI Goggles have really got my attention.  Then I think I will die and finally go to heaven!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 18:22
Aloha Flies,

Shhhhh!!!!!!  I been working on this for days now!  And I only been half wrong  ...

100%.  This built-in screen SHOULD have been the 7.85" version.  This 1 is a bit small, but again, the clarity is the best I've seen on any LCD/OLED screen, while maintaining accuracy in color & brightness so your shot comes out correct.  You will not see pixels, like standing right next to a 4k TV.

Speaking of which, anyone know what SRE is?  It's a toggle in the drop-down notification menu on the built-in device.  It seems to make the screen go full bright, but some accuracy is gone like it's blown out highlights.  HDMI is also a toggle, but seems to always default to ON after a power cycle.  I'd prefer it OFF if I'm not using it.
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Aloha Flies,

Shhhhh!!!!!!  I been working on this for days now!  And I only been half wrong  ...

BTW, check out this tribute shirt to Mariota...

Mahalo Marcus

Mahalo Marcus
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-30 17:08
BTW, check out this tribute shirt to Mariota...

Aloha Flies,

Hey, you from Tennessee!  You shot that photo in the mirror, yeah!?!  I can tell cus the 808 is backwards!  Mahalo, you made my day!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-30 17:03
100%.  This built-in screen SHOULD have been the 7.85" version.  This 1 is a bit small, but again, ...

Aloha Flies,

As far as I can tell, SRE means Secure Research Environment.  It is a discipline of computer science working with security issues in things like mapping and data gathering.  The drone companies are using it to protect proprietary information from the field during operations and flights.  It appears to be a hot field.

Of course it could also mean Sam's Real Enchiladas!  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 20:10
Aloha Flies,

As far as I can tell, SRE means Secure Research Environment.  It is a disciplin ...

Oops.  I tested it again using a different TV.  Proof it outputs 1080p AND in 60fps nonetheless!

my post
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-30 21:57
Oops.  I tested it again using a different TV.  Proof it outputs 1080p AND in 60fps nonetheless!

That's great, I thought it was 720
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Aloha Flies,

Don't forget that the DJI Goggles (as they stand right now) have NO HDMI input.  They use Ocusync.  I'm guessing they somehow use the 60fps and do something to reduce the latency.

They had a demo of the goggles in Portugal with the Mavic.
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-30 19:07
Don't forget that the DJI Goggles (as they stand right now) have NO HDMI input.  They use Ocusync. ...

Aloha Flies,

Except for one thing, there is a port / adjustment cover on the left side that DJI has not allowed testers to open.  Hmm!?!  And interestingly the CrystalSky devices will have USB - C universal ports with mega data transmission speeds.  Look up USB - C.  Now our tablets will have to have USB - C for the high resolutions from the RC.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-30 18:57

Aloha Flies,

So, are you saying that the HDMI on the P4 Pro+ (plus) can put out more than 720p?  Because the rating on that new HDMI module is supposed to be only 720p.  Or, is the live view resolution changeable to 1080p 60 fps and down to 480 30 fps.  This is getting kind of mixed up.  The dog leashes were getting tangled in my legs on the other post.  I know when the CrystalSky monitors come out, the HDMI on those displays will allow changing HDMI resolutions so the DJI GO app should have the option as your photo showed.  But the P4 Pro+ (plus) is a temporary offering with a HDMI module solution.  That gives me hope for my nVidia Shield K1.  Could you clarify the HDMI output from the RC?

BTW, I bet your P4 Pro+ (plus) system will be worth bundle in the future as a collector's museum piece because it is an intermediate development by DJI.  So, take real good care of it!  I have a very old Brother Word Processor that is a museum piece.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-30
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-30 23:01
Aloha Flies,

So, are you saying that the HDMI on the P4 Pro+ (plus) can put out more than 72 ...

Clarifying the HDMI OUT:

When plugged-in to the HDTV, the "HDMI Resolution" option was greyed-out on the 4k TV.  Perhaps it just defaults to the best setting, which is 1080p/60.

When I plugged it into a 1080p Mitsubishi HDTV, I was given the option to select ALL (there's actually more if you scroll down on that) the resolutions the TV supports.  Which I did test, and the TV did its normal flickering and voila!  

So, if you had some Headplay HD FPV goggles, you could set the P4P+ HDMI OUT to whatever resolution AND hertz (framerate/FPS) you desire.  So, yes...  It really DOES work this awesomely like you're imagining.  No gimmicks.  OH and you can also adjust the fit-to-screen, since TVs never display the same amount of stuff.  I had to adjust this on the Fire TVs I've got and the PS4, also (setup the screen real estate so stuff isn't cut-off).
2016-12-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-1 08:58
Clarifying the HDMI OUT:

When plugged-in to the HDTV, the "HDMI Resolution" option was greyed-out  ...

Aloha Flies,

That is great news and leans in the same direction that I want to go.  So, Shhh!!!  No tell, eh!  JJ  

It kind of seals my purchase decision.  Mahalo for the information!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-1 15:55
Aloha Flies,

That is great news and leans in the same direction that I want to go.  So, Shhh ...

Yes, I knew this was a deciding factor for you.  So I wanted to describe/show you all that I could.  You're going to be happy.  

BTW, there's also 1 more option - Screen Timeout.  It defaults to never.  This is for the HDMI OUT.  So, there's Resolution, Screen stretch (or whatever it's called in there), and Screen Timeout in that HDMI menu.  There's an ON/OFF toggle at the top of THAT screen for HDMI on/off.
2016-12-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-1 14:46
Yes, I knew this was a deciding factor for you.  So I wanted to describe/show you all that I could ...

Aloha Flies,

Mahalo!  Did you ever find out what SRE meant?

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-1 19:01
Aloha Flies,

Mahalo!  Did you ever find out what SRE meant?

No, but it means "PRESS ME IF MAX BRIGHTNESS STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!"

It makes the screen get even crazy brighter!  It's so clear and has NO GLARE - much less than a MacBook Air, if you're familiar with that matte screen.  It has about as much glare as a piece of black construction paper!
2016-12-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-2 13:09
No, but it means "PRESS ME IF MAX BRIGHTNESS STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!"

It makes the screen get even cr ...

Aloha Flies,

Yeah, this lady developed something like that a few years ago.  I never thought I would eventually be a beneficiary of it in this way.  I think she sold early versions of it for the Fire or some other reading tablet for reading in bright sunlight.

The CrystalSky 7.85 will have two options for screen brightness.  One model will have 1000 cd/m2 and another model will have 2000 cd/m2.  Your model of the basic screen is supposed to have 1000 cd/m2.  Can you imagine what the 2000 cd/m2 will look like!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules