FPV question
707 4 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZOMBEE
lvl.2
United States

I ordered the P4P plus with the HDMI output and I want to get a glyph or a fat shark for FPV.  Are these plug and play or are there other items needed?  Has anyone used these and can recommend immersion levels and signal strength?

Thanks
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha ZOMBEE,

Yes, the P4 Pro Plus (+) has HDMI compatible with HDMI goggles.  But, no FatShark goggles are truly High Definition.  They are 800X600 at best.  The HeadPlay HD ($250) is true 720p with a 7" display inside the goggle and the Glyph is well, it is the Glyph.  It is hard to beat and expensive to.  

The FatShark goggles are popular with racers because the analog transmitter has almost no lag time and that makes the lower resolution tolerable.  But, camera operators need clarity, as in high definition, to see the images they want to capture.  720p resolution is even not enough for some.

You might want to see if you can change your order to the P4 Pro, not the P4 Plus (+), because the built-in screen will limit your HDMI resolutions to the 720p of the HDMI module it comes with.  The P4 Pro will be able to use goggles and monitors, like the CrystalSky, that will have 1080p resolutions.  When you change your order to the P4 Pro, also order the DJI HDMI module ($100).  You can easily install it yourself and it will be compatible with current goggles (mentioned above), yet the remote controller will be able to use a 1080p display or device when they come out.  

Alternatively, you can buy a GL300F remote controller for $312 later and use it with the CrystalSky monitor / device and get 1080p resolution.  That way, you will still be able to use the 1080p built-in display of the P4 Pro + (plus) you ordered until the CrystalSky display comes out.

Hope this helps!  I know, confusing, but it is confusing.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-24 19:05
Aloha ZOMBEE,

Yes, the P4 Pro Plus (+) has HDMI compatible with HDMI goggles.  But, no FatShar ...

Thanks!  I ordered the glyph since it is now just over $400.  I can use it at home also unlike the Fat Shark.   I am scared to attempt an order change due to the demand, but the CrystalSky option does look better.  I am not sure the best way to contact order support.  

Update.  Just cancelled order, says it takes 2 days to process.  Is it ok to reorder immediately?

Thank You
2016-11-26
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.2
United States

New update.  Now I have a bank problem.  They must have reserved funds already for the first order.  I guess I will have to wait a few days to order.  I will contact my bank on Monday.
2016-11-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZOMBEE Posted at 2016-11-26 17:51
New update.  Now I have a bank problem.  They must have reserved funds already for the first order.  ...

Aloha ZOMBEE,

Actually the best route would have been a change order.  That way the money would not be a problem or at least as much of a problem.  Persevere, you will get through it all.

If you like, you could call after sales support to see if they can track your problem and resolve it the way you want it resolved.  They like to see money stay with an order rather than have the money withdrawn.  And if you are going to spend more money later on the CrystalSky monitor, they will like that to.  If they are not the best ones to help, they will refer you to another help line.

Be sure to share the same strategy with your bank so they are not caught off guard.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules