Phantom 4 and Oculus Rift
11769 7 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscf6a5c9b
New

Greece

Hi ! Do you know if i can use Oculus Rift with Phantom ?
How can i connect them together ?

Thanking you in Advance !
2016-11-24
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

These guys seem to have done it with the P3 but like anything, could be fake

2016-11-25
Use props
DonMilne
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well, I have an Oculus Rift arriving today, so I sure hope it's possible!

I have the HDMI mod for my P4 transmitter, I'm assuming that HDMI input will be available on the Rift. So it's matter of whether the Rift can be used as a 3D split screen viewer - that 100deg fov should be great for fpv. Frankly I found the Rift docs kind of lacking, but felt I could find a way if I got it.
2016-11-25
Use props
DonMilne
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Re the YouTube link (which annoyingly keeps popping up as the top Google hit too), I'm reasonably sure it's fake.  I don't know what the insert picture is, but it clearly isn't a stereoscopic image suitable for 3D VR goggles. Most likely it's an SD recording from the Phantom, in which case I wonder if the Goggles played any role.

So near and yet so far: I think all we need is a VR output option from the P3/P4, of the Litchi kind but on HDMI. I can do without gimbal control on a first pass.
2016-11-26
Use props
kknop
lvl.1
Russia

DonMilne Posted at 2016-11-26 03:37
Re the YouTube link (which annoyingly keeps popping up as the top Google hit too), I'm reasonably sure it's fake.  I don't know what the insert picture is, but it clearly isn't a stereoscopic image suitable for 3D VR goggles. Most likely it's an SD recording from the Phantom, in which case I wonder if the Goggles played any role.

So near and yet so far: I think all we need is a VR output option from the P3/P4, of the Litchi kind but on HDMI. I can do without gimbal control on a first pass.

any update? can it be done?
2017-3-7
Use props
LJPro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15220 ft
United States

I use the Litchi App with an inexpensive set of Goggles, works perfectly!
2017-3-8
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

kknop Posted at 2017-3-7 05:48
any update? can it be done?

Sure - if you're prepared to lug a oculus capable pc around and a hacked controller to allow the sticks to be controlled by the rift.

In the video it looks like there's nothing connected to the controller. I doubt these guys have managed to clone the DJI control protocol so unless their connection to the controller is wireless (doubtful) I call the video suspect. BUT as I said it can be done, just not off the shelf.
2017-3-9
Use props
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

Germany

i also have an oculus rift.

It would be cool to just use it as a display. Not for controlling the drone.

Can this be done?
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules