P3P drowned
528 5 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc6637371
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95538 ft
United States

Prop popped off mid flight over the shoreline. Crashed close enough to shore that it brought the drone body back with the tide but the gimbal, camera, & battery were ripped from the fuselage. Do I now own a paperweight or can dji repair this or would the cost of the repairs be better invested in upgrading to the P4P?

My concern is the UAV being totally submerged in salt water while having it's electronic power supply ripped out of it & at the same time having a primary electrical component ripped off of it while fully powered. I've contacted DJI but they told me to upload & sync my flight logs not sure what that is gonna do other than create a case number.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sending them the flight LOGs will help determine if it was pilot error, or actually the drone malfunctioning. ;-)

Do you want a new drone for free, or prefer to lay out more cash? It's up to you, what to do.
If you don't want their assistance, Why did you contact them, in the first place? Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As the OP said, prop popped off in flight. Nothing much that the flight logs will tell you about that. With a little luck if you do what they ask they may offer you a discount on a new aircraft.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cues the drum roll!! Yes, the ol' discounted drone offer. Gotta love that! ;-)
He mentioned Phantom 3 in title, but a Phantom 4 in the body of the thread, posted in Tutorial section.
So I figured drone prop connection failure, not pilot error.

Let us know how it goes for you... Thanks.

RedHotPoker

2016-11-24
Use props
BigBane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95538 ft
United States

Ok this is getting a little nerve racking now.  As stated DJI requested the flight log to be synced but for some odd reason the app will not let me sync my last flight record. It gives me the message sync failed retry. I've tried rebooting my iPad and still nothing. Is there any other way to sync my last flight and  send to dji?
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

BigBane Posted at 2016-11-25 00:09
Ok this is getting a little nerve racking now.  As stated DJI requested the flight log to be synced  ...

None that I know of.  Don't reinstall the Go app before you first sync thee said flight though, or you will lose it. ;-)
I'm not sure if there is a method, by which you could connect the RC and device to your computer and download that LOG.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules