Problem: Can only access docs when there is wifi access
506 4 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I do not have a cell phone plan with mobile data. Up until now, I haven't needed internet access on my cell phone all the time. Occasionally I'll go somewhere that has wifi and get things I need.

When I had Wifi access, I downloaded the user manuals and other docs for the Mavic on the DJI Go app. However, I've found since then that I can only *read* the documents when I have Wifi access. The rest of the time it just says, "Coming soon..."

They're already on my phone. They're just locked away where I can't get to them. I bought an Osmo Mobile today, hooked it up, and made sure it worked fine. Then I tried to access the docs and found the same problem. So I own the device and have all the docs, but I'm not allowed to read them.

Please change this to allow us to read the docs offline. I understand if the app needs to check for updates, but it should still let us read what is already downloaded.

Thank you.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yeah, we're aware of this issue and will change it
2016-11-25
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-25 22:31
Yeah, we're aware of this issue and will change it

Thank you very much!

Maybe this is a related issue. In anticipation of getting my Mavic (ordered Oct 10th), I investigated the features of DJI Go. I found that I could cache the maps for when I'm offline. That's great, and will be very helpful.

However, the maps disappear very quickly. I have them one time when I'm offline, but then they're gone the next time I start the app.

Is this the same issue? Will it also be resolved?
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-11-26 11:40
Thank you very much!

Maybe this is a related issue. In anticipation of getting my Mavic (ordered  ...

No, it should be there. Did you accidentally cleaned the cache of the DJI Go app?
2016-11-25
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-26 01:21
No, it should be there. Did you accidentally cleaned the cache of the DJI Go app?

No, I didn't. This is something that happens regularly. When I get wifi access, I download the maps. Within a few days, they're always gone.

By the way, this might not be a real problem. I don't have my Mavic yet. It's actually a little odd that the DJI Go app lets me select "Camera" at all. It may be acting weird because it's not connecting and something is getting confused.

I will definitely confirm this as true or false when I get my drone. For now, don't worry about it unless someone else reports the same problem.
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules