Mavic Beta
1618 19 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I applied a while back and had heard nothing but tonight received email stating I had been accepted into the Mavic beta program.

Has anyone else received this?
My link to the portal appears broken at this stage or not yet active I guess?

2016-11-25
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

The email
IMG_0203.PNG
2016-11-25
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

I signed up too but havnt heard anything yet (only just recieved the shipping notice today though)

I have just looked at the Beta portal, and its working here fine ... currently says there are 21 / 50 spaces left ... so count yourself lucky
2016-11-25
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-25 21:03
I signed up too but havnt heard anything yet (only just recieved the shipping notice today though)

Seems to be working now, I thought they were initially after 100? Would have thought more numbers would help.
2016-11-25
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

Mavic beta testing?  Shouldn't beta testing have been day we before the product was released?  Or is this some kind of scheduled computer program from when the Mavic was actually supposed to be in beta but the rushed release because of the Karma, they forgot to get rid of this?  That would explain all the problems with the Mavic and reassure alot of theories as to what happened with the massive flop on the release with shipping, if it was only supposed to be in beta now, every Mavic they sold was technically their "beta" and everyone wasted money to beta test for them with out even knowing it.
2016-11-25
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

What is going on here???
2016-11-25
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

I think it is just a program to fine tune the bugs and help identify any further possible issues.
I guess they are still fine tuning software and upcoming firmware etc.

2016-11-25
Use props
andersonn
lvl.2

United States

That should have been done way before the release.
2016-11-25
Use props
Elnan.do
lvl.2

Norway

Lets imagine there will be further versions of the firmware. Maybe a larger group of beta-testers wold allow dji to release them faster having more people to do qa and supplying flight logs....

2016-11-25
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Elnan.do Posted at 2016-11-26 06:31
Lets imagine there will be further versions of the firmware. Maybe a larger group of beta-testers wo ...

Yes, this seems to be what I think they are doing.
It's a good thing they have released v01.02.0910 which seems to be addressing certain known issues so far
2016-11-25
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

China

andersonn Posted at 2016-11-26 04:41
That should have been done way before the release.

There is nothing wrong with doing beta tests for new software releases or updates.  
You are not beta testing the Mavic, you are beta testing the software.
2016-11-25
Use props
Daveman
lvl.1
United States

Seems that everyone that bought one is a beta tester on this one
2016-11-26
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

What is the reward for being a beta tester? With everything that has transpired with this release is it worth it?

2016-11-26
Use props
Paranoid Jack
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully your reward for beta testing the next firmware update is not you also beta testing their poor customer support system after your Mavic does a fly away never to be seen again.
2016-11-26
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

They have DJI police nsaid incentives for de bugging and logging flight records.

The customer service is amazing, they seem very dedicated to producing the best product they can.

They have just been busy dealing 3 cool drones at once.

Nice!
2016-12-1
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Bax Posted at 2016-12-1 21:11
They have DJI police nsaid incentives for de bugging and logging flight records.

The customer servi ...

They have "DJI credit incentives"

Sorry - not sure what Iphone did then
2016-12-1
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Still looks like 21 spaces left on that program, but i guess that perticular project is now over?

Have you heard anything more from them Bax?
2016-12-1
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-1 21:18
Still looks like 21 spaces left on that program, but i guess that perticular project is now over?

H ...

Yes heard from them yesterday, they only just updated the incentives.

I think this program was quite delayed

It really does show they ACTUALY give a sh$t about us all, and that we get the best experience.

This much stuff packed into a pocket drone is impressive enough, great to see they are now trying to better the supporting software   
2016-12-1
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

And you're under NDA?

Brilliant!
2016-12-1
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure which industries many of the posters here work in but in the software world it is very common to have beta test programmes open to end-users on a voluntary basis. Complex systems and software will go through all kinds of QA processes but it's always good to get feedback from real users who will try to make the product work in ways that the original project team didn't imagine. An open beta programme is an excellent idea and more companies should have them.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules