Removing Remote Control Sticks
2619 5 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobMador
lvl.1

Greece

I belong to another forum that discusses the Mavic and people there are starting to remove the control sticks from the remote control, to make it more compact and easier to transport. They report that all is required is steady pulling on the sticks and they will pop out after enough pressure has been exerted. Then, to reinsert the sticks, simply push them back in.

I'm wondering what the "official DJI response" to this practice would be??

2016-11-25
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been brought up in another thread and DJI-Ken has said they are not supposed to do that and you may be screwing up your controller by doing that.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

In my experience, the integrity of the hole the sticks go in becomes compromised. Not advised.
2016-11-25
Use props
chanley380
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75659 ft
United States

man, removing the sticks seems...odd.  It's already super compact.  I could see if someone was removing them to do some type of interesting stick modification, (longer/adjustable sticks or something), but I don't quite get the whole "removing them for the sake of making it easier to transport".  IMHO, the best suggestion was cutting a piece of the original packaging and just putting it over the controller to prevent the sticks from moving around while packed.
2016-11-25
Use props
BobMador
lvl.1

Greece

chanley380 Posted at 2016-11-26 03:02
man, removing the sticks seems...odd.  It's already super compact.  I could see if someone was remov ...

I agree.

I do not have my Mavic yet, but when I do, I'll either use the packing material or order a 3D-print of some guards I've seen.

I don't plan on pulling the sticks out.
2016-11-26
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

BobMador Posted at 2016-11-26 09:40
I agree.

I do not have my Mavic yet, but when I do, I'll either use the packing material or orde ...

I am not even worried about them. I would never take them off. However, only the early production with the silver stem were removable. The black ones are fixed. The controller is so small, and the sticks are short. They are not going to break off. If those 3D printed braces make you feel more professional, then buy one. Else, you can cut out the top of the packaging from the original box. There will likely be other solutions on ebay in the coming weeks. For me, it's just going in the bag next to the drone, as they are not that fragile.
2016-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules