Go App: save configurations?
1729 3 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chanley380
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75659 ft
United States

I was wondering if there is an option in the go app to save "configurations"?  As a new mavic pilot, I am interested in trying a few different camera settings, gimabal/exp speed settings.  Of course I can certainly change them in the field, but I was wondering if you can set up a configuration or two ahead of time, while disconnected from the aircraft, then, when starting up to fly, choose which one?
I would imagine it comes down to where the settings/configuration file is stored, (controller/mobile device VS aircraft).   Would be nice to have "cineamatic config" vs "automated flight mode config"...or something.

Lastly, I looked around for some information/manual/videos about the app, but couldn't find anything current.  Any suggestions would be welcome!  Have been flying my mavic and it is performing fantastic!  I love this thing.

Side note, I have an iPhone 7 plus and dji go app version 3.1.0.

2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What I used to do long ago was have a spreadsheet with every option an used that to log and make adjustments.
Some of the settings you can set different configurations like 3 different gimbal configurations in the Advanced Gimbal Settings.
2016-11-25
Use props
chanley380
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75659 ft
United States

Thanks Ken.  That makes sense.  I'll be sure to keep good field notes while I'm trying the different settings.  

Does the Go app have to be connected to the mavic to "save settings"?  Example, can I open the app, adjust some settings, then next time I am ready to fly the mavic, the app will use those settings?  It seems like it doesn't save/adjust settings unless it's connected to the aircraft.

I could just turn on the mavic during this "offline/indoor setup" time, but I am concerned about it sitting idle and getting too hot.  Is that an issue?  It's also why I have avoided the simulator app.  
2016-11-25
Use props
fansc01cf721
lvl.2
United States

I had the same thought about having the mavic on while I explored the settings in the app, but tried it anyway last night. After a couple of minutes the internal fan kicked on, and after about 5-8 minutes of playing with settings and powering down, it wasn't overly hot at all. Underside/heat sink was warm to the touch, but nothing worrisome. It barely used any battery either.
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules