Newbie confused over flight modes.
1001 5 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manch
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well I've had the P2V+ for a few days but after reading all the horror stories about flyaways, crashing and others I'm too scared now to fly it! Well, at least until I get the prop guards, gimbal guards, camera guard and just about any other guard I can lay my hands on.
However, I'd appreciate thoughts on the various flight modes available. Out of the box Phantom mode; OK understand that. But why have that as a default when if you enable the other modes you then appear to have the choice of full GPS (Phantom mode?), Return to home mode (at the flick of a switch), ATTI mode if the GPS seems to throw a six, plus of course full manual if selected.
To my mind would'nt it be better just to instruct new pilots to keep S1&S2 switches up if you dont want to confuse people (and believe me, I'm confused).
Personally as a newbie I like the idea of throwing a switch and pulling back on one lever to get my expensive kit back if things start to go bad.
Am I missing something?

2015-2-9
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Nope. You're right on the money.
2015-2-9
Use props
josefmd.email
lvl.1

United States

http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/ ... e-phantom-2-vision/
This might help you out!!!  Your better off going with Naza mode...
2015-2-9
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

josefmd.email Posted at 2015-2-10 02:45
http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza-mode-on-the-phantom-2-vision/
This might help you out!!!  Yo ...

That description has at least 2 errors, it indicate that S2/S1 switch had no purpose in Phantom mode, that is  not correct, quickly flipping the S2 switch from upper most to lower most positions 5 times or more will reset the current aircraft position as a new home point.
And the S1 switch can be set to any other position than up to regain control in RTH state.
2015-2-9
Use props
Manch
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for that guys.
2015-2-9
Use props
josefmd.email
lvl.1

United States

BWJ Posted at 2015-2-10 03:18
That description has at least 2 errors, it indicate that S2/S1 switch had no purpose in Phantom mo ...

Yes sir you are correct!!  Thanks for pointing that out!!
2015-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules