Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WEAK transmission signal caused by HDMI output module
15526 35 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emilexx
lvl.1

Sint Maarten

Dear All;

After installing the latest RC and DJI 4 updates I experienced extremely weak transmission signals (see photo)  which made flying virtually impossible. I have tried every proposed possible solution, including downgrading the Go APP, hacking the Go- app and upgrading it to 32 channels but all without any success. After reinstalling the original micro-USB output module on the RC, the problem was solved. I learned that the issue is caused by the HDMI-module upgrade which I purchased from DJI. I hope this issue will be solved soon so I can reinstall the HDMI-module!

I hope this solution also works for you! Please let us know so DJI can solve this in the next software update.

Cheers, Emile

poor signal.jpg

2016-11-25
Use props
fansb885c69e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

I had this problem as well and the latest DJIGo update (3.10) solved it for me.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear it's working finally.
Great!
2016-11-26
Use props
sky drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 09:14
Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear it's working finally.
Great!

For me the problem is not solved today flew and also a bad signal and loss of picture. Everything is updated to the latest version use android6
Tablet HUAWEI MEDIAPAD T1
I also want to ask why I go into settings per channel, the same missing
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sky drone Posted at 2016-11-28 01:41
For me the problem is not solved today flew and also a bad signal and loss of picture. Everything  ...

Have you tried another mobile device in DJI recommended list?
You have the same case wherever you fly it?
Would you please upload some pictures here?
2016-11-27
Use props
sky drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-28 06:06
Have you tried another mobile device in DJI recommended list?
You have the same case wherever you  ...

Yes I have tried with samsung s6 / samsung s7 them is the same problem
No photos available but will do
But I do not know why, all complain of poor picture quality, you do not know how to test why is it I'm not the only one here who complained, but most people do have a problem
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, to locate the issue, we need collect more information.
What is the mobile system of your Samsung S6/S7?
It would be best if you could provide us a video if no photos available.
Besides, please make a screenshot of the HD page.
We'd love to help you evaluate it, thank you so much for your supporting.
2016-11-28
Use props
lefty23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1657625 ft
Canada

I am having the same problem.  Loss of signal with the new HDMI module.  I have a P3Pro and have used an iphone6 and iPad mini.  Both cause the same problem.  I can replicate the problem without flying the drone.  If I replace the original USB module the problem is gone.  I've tried this procedure twice.  There is definitely an issue with the HDMI module.  

Judging from the complaints here I'm thinking this isn't just a one off faulty module.  Looks like they're all bad.
2017-1-3
Use props
SPRTBKRYDR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

There are a bunch of people waiting on the fix for the HDMI Board I can assure you.
2017-1-3
Use props
SPRTBKRYDR
lvl.4
United States

DJI can replicate the problem any time they want to all they have to do is do it. They have drones and hdmi boards both. I just wonder how many people have to complain before something is done?? Maybe they should be willing to buy back all of our unusable boards!
2017-1-3
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

i would send my hdmi board back for 99.00 off a p4 battery!
2017-1-4
Use props
SPRTBKRYDR
lvl.4
United States

JACKODOG-ANDROI Posted at 2017-1-4 06:32
i would send my hdmi board back for 99.00 off a p4 battery!

Yeah me too. At least it woud be something that we could actually use!
2017-1-4
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

i had no problem all summer 2016 with hdmi board, thinking of going back to firm & go app around june or july . have all on sd card.
2017-1-4
Use props
Testman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7764088 ft
Italy

This probelm is produced by HDMI module and 1.8 Radio Firmware .
So you must mount HDMI module again and downgrade the firmware version of Radio at 1.6.
I solved with this.
Bye
2017-1-4
Use props
TheCross
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29656 ft
United States

I had this issue as well and downgrading does work. However, I do think the updated firmware on the drone is to blame as well because even after downgrading the video doesn't seem to be as stable as before but way better than after the 1.8 update. I did want to add that you can ddowngrade the RC radio by:

1.Make sure your RC battery is fully charged and connect it to your tablet or phone.

2. Turn on RC then run DJI Go app (using DJI Go 4) and wait for connection.

3. Once connected press and hold the menu button on the top right of the main menu screen of the DJI Go app. After a few seconds you will get a menu with other available firmware.

4. Download then install the package you want to downgrade to and expect a lot of beeping. (You can delete firmware package when done.)

Hope this helps anyone.
2017-1-31
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

I installed the HDMI board and upgraded firmware from 1.6 to 1.8 (if I remember versions correctly). Not long after I got the same problem as you. It was fixed by downgrading to version 1.6. The HDMI board is still connected. I use a galaxy tab s2 and an Xperia Z5 (with different android versions) and had the same problem on both and in DJI Go and Litchi. Search the posts on video problems and the firmware problem comes up quite a few times.
2017-1-31
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
United States

Until they address this issue the hdmi board is useless with version 1.8  Mine is sitting here in the box hopefully waiting on the day they fix it.
2017-1-31
Use props
Testman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7764088 ft
Italy

Sprtbkrydr Posted at 2017-1-31 03:55
Until they address this issue the hdmi board is useless with version 1.8  Mine is sitting here in the box hopefully waiting on the day they fix it.

Why you do not make a downgrade to 1.6 firmware? I resolved with this. I used a Walkera Goggle 3 in HDMI connection and I have a good images and OSD that work fine.   I obtained video HDMI transmission for over 3 KM without problems.
2017-1-31
Use props
nikos8
New

Greece

Hi,
I did downgrade not to 1.6 but to 1.5 by mistake (for p3) . Νow the controller and phantom4 it is not communicate. The controller It seems to be p3 in DJI GO and does not accept the upgrade to 1.6 or 1.8. What can I do?
Thanks
2017-3-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Okay, I installed the HDMI yesterday and am using an iPad Air 2 that has never broke up or lagged with the video stream.  When I installed it, it showed the RC version as 1.60+ and requested the upgrade to 1.80 which I did - and maybe shouldn't have.

So this AM the goggles had no problem with the HDMI, but the iPad began breaking up shortly after pressing the red record button with black and green bars on the iPad Air 2 but the googles were clean.  The breakup on the GO (Both versions.) sometimes made the image a brief B&W on the iPad but it was okay and in color in the goggles.

Recharging now and will roll back to 1.60+ in the RC GL300C if I can.  Something is not right here.
2017-3-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Follow-up from above:

Rolled back to version 1.60 in the remote.  Aircraft has to be on too, and around the 97% reinstall portion it takes maybe 5 minutes to complete from there.

The video breakup is a lot less with 1.60 although there is still a bit of lag between a shot taken with the shill camera where screen goes temporarily dark and then comes on after shutter.  Very little breakup there, but it is there.  Switching between still and video shows a black screen on changing, but I think that has always been the case.

For whatever reason, the only version from 1.80 was back to 1.60.  When I installed the HDMI it showed 1.60+.  Where that download is at I don't know as it now is just 1.60 and not 1.60+.  Anyone know what was different between the 1.60 and 1.60+ and why I can't go back to that version the HDMI came with?
2017-3-1
Use props
fans2bb028a7
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the info, all.   Saved me from ripping out my HDMI module.   Have P4 with HDMI module.   Video became unusable after upgrading P4 firmware to current, and upgrading RC firmware to 1.8.   Issues resolve after downgrading the RC firmware back to 1.6, with specific instructions as above.   In particular, the need to have the aircraft ON at the 97% completion point is critical.

Can't believe DJI hasn't resolved this issue yet.  I can almost forgive them for not having fixed the problem yet, but not documenting this information to current P4 users with a quick note for downgrading,  is unprofessional.
2017-6-26
Use props
projectobjects
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167828 ft

United States

The same issue exists on the Phantom 4 Pro+ (GL300E) controller that DJI makes with their own built in android device and HDMI module.  I honestly think that they put out a poor quality product that doesn't work properly and continue to sell it.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

Might be right, but product may have been okay initially, but GO has grown to be such a huge animal it doesn't seem to work right in these tiny devices.  I doubt if it is much of  a firmware issue as the drone will fly with the RC okay, but anything plugged into it to do with a screen using GO 4 is a complete video lagging mess.

No doubt they write the GO programs in their SDK on a "REAL" computer, then when it is made into an app for our puny devices it fails.  I worry when apps hit the 500MB size, and GO has surpassed that to almost 1GB in size now and CPU RAM is probably taxed out.  Some devices just don't have that much working RAM available.

Fwiw, I was recently reading about some new Android handheld that is allegedly faster, cheaper, and more powerful than the new iPhone which might be a godsend for GO if DJI doesn't de-bloat their app a bit to run on these things.  Made by OnePlus.  Now if Google doesn't screw it up with so much stuff that runs in the background like maps, pedometers, adware, spyware, GPS, compass, etc. that consume resources.

OnePlus 5 review: OnePlus 5
2017-6-30
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

Same Problem Here
As of ver 4.1.2 and  4.1.3  The DJI Go 4 App for iOS  is broken.   PERIOD
You can limp it along  but it definitely  has problems.  PERIOD
Please DJI Fix This
2017-6-30
Use props
fansd81b9295
lvl.1
United States

Hello there!  I have a P4 with HDMI module.  I purchased the system from Drone World new.  Mine also has the extender module on the transmitter vs the two standard antennae.  From day one I have had problems with the video feed from the drone.  It's always breaking up.   I can mess with the power on/off sequences on the remote and drone and sometimes get a clear video feed.  However, after a few minutes, it's back to glitching.   I have full control over the drone via the remote controller.  It's just the video feed that's always messing up.    So, you guys are saying that the problem is the HDMI module.  If I open up the controller and remove that module it will work better?    I've updated the firmware in the drone and remote controller several times.   I don't have the one that was just released, however.   I also get disconnects with the last version of DJIGO4 in mid-flight.   And the damn nag requester about flying somewhere near a dirt airport.   It sure does take the fun out of flying with all the problems!     Anyway, does removing the HDMI module fix the video glitching?    Sorry for the long winded rant and THANKS for any advice.    -   Wayland
2017-7-6
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem. Video transmission is from poor to bad and almost imposible to flight. I have the HDMI module installed as well. It wasn't like this but the latest firmware and DJI Go updates made the flights almost impossible. I usually flight several times in a week, sometimes everyday, but now I just lost my intrest. I get as well disconnetcs with the latest DJI Go 4 updates. Everytime I see that DJI Go 4 updates with a new version I was hoping that the bug is fixed. But everytime it proves the opposite.
2017-7-6
Use props
Kmims
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51014 ft
United States

fansd81b9295 Posted at 2017-7-6 20:00
Hello there!  I have a P4 with HDMI module.  I purchased the system from Drone World new.  Mine also has the extender module on the transmitter vs the two standard antennae.  From day one I have had problems with the video feed from the drone.  It's always breaking up.   I can mess with the power on/off sequences on the remote and drone and sometimes get a clear video feed.  However, after a few minutes, it's back to glitching.   I have full control over the drone via the remote controller.  It's just the video feed that's always messing up.    So, you guys are saying that the problem is the HDMI module.  If I open up the controller and remove that module it will work better?    I've updated the firmware in the drone and remote controller several times.   I don't have the one that was just released, however.   I also get disconnects with the last version of DJIGO4 in mid-flight.   And the damn nag requester about flying somewhere near a dirt airport.   It sure does take the fun out of flying with all the problems!     Anyway, does removing the HDMI module fix the video glitching?    Sorry for the long winded rant and THANKS for any advice.    -   Wayland

It did in my case. I was so frustrated and just to needed things to work.
2017-7-8
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Glad it worked for you. It can't bee so hard now to test the DJI Go 4 app now by the people at DJI to get a decent fix for us with HDMI module.
2017-7-11
Use props
fanseb59af1a
New
Flight distance : 6870 ft
Indonesia

I currently have phantom 4. But why there is a message "no signal". And SD card unreadable. Then the camera display is just black only. How i fix it. Do i need to update its firmware. So it can be the way it is
2017-7-12
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

@fanseb59af1a maybe try to get another SD card and format within the DJI application.
2017-7-12
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Yesterday I tested with Fatshark glasses through HDMI output and aircraft gone disconnected in the phone attached with USB but in Fatshark (HDMI output) I had video stream all the time.
This test should be easy for testing people at DJI to reproduce the error.
2017-7-14
Use props
RemusE
lvl.4
Sweden

Today I was upgrading the radio firmware from 1.8.0 to 1.9.2 and the problem seems lost. I did not loose connection anymore and the video stream was steady.
2017-7-14
Use props
embayweather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Similar problem to me with my 3Pro. Installed module on old firmware and no video signal, after umpteen attempts it has gone to DJI for fixing.
2017-7-15
Use props
depasqur
New
United States

I am having same issue with my 4. My power indicator light flickers between green and red as well, as soon as you try to connet. Is yours doing that too?
2017-7-15
Use props
miguelss188
New

Mexico

Hi everybody! I have a Phantom 4, no adv, no pro, only Phantom 4 with the last firmwares in RC and Drone. I have been trying to use HDMI module, but i get weak transmissionsignal, the cause is HDMI module. In other post people says the problem is fixed with a downgrade, somebody knows what firmware in RC and drone? I use DJI GO 4 v4.2.20 in Samsung Galaxy S5 and v4.2.16 in iPad Air 2. Sorry for my english.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules