Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lens Hood for Camera
2562 8 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing I've noticed about the Mavic camera is that it is incredibly prone to lens flares in direct sunlight, often washing out the image. Has anyone come up with a lens hood which won't affect gimbal performance that may offset some of this J.J. Abrams level of flares?
2016-11-25
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

There are plenty of lens hoods for about $1 for Phantom on eBay or elsewhere that will probably work on Mavic.

Just search for key words like: 'Phantom 4 Camera Cap Lens Cover Protector Sun Hood Petal Sunshade Black'.

But it is entirely possible that the Mavic gimbal may not be able to accommodate a lens hood for the larger drone. For $1 spend, it's worth a try though.

Of course, flare becomes a huge issue is you are flying with the plastic protector dome mounted ...
2016-11-25
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Yea i also find it limiting flying inside the box the mavic came in.... can really only fly 1 or 2 millimeters in any direction.
2016-11-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Impossible to put one on that will have an influence
2016-11-25
Use props
DesertWind
New
Flight distance : 65735 ft
United States

Nees Posted at 2016-11-25 20:15
Impossible to put one on that will have an influence

2016-12-19
Use props
Riotcontrol
lvl.3
United States

You beat me to that post Desertwind
2016-12-19
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

If you would Yaw hard, you would see it I think. Since the gimbal will yaw to compensate.
Flying straight sloooowly yaw, will work tough.
2016-12-22
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

Nees Posted at 2016-12-22 07:02
If you would Yaw hard, you would see it I think. Since the gimbal will yaw to compensate.
Flying straight sloooowly yaw, will work tough.

He tested for that. You can always file off a little more.

Personally, I'm going back and forth about whether or not to do this. I have all the tools, but I don't want to mess up another cover. I've already broken one.
2016-12-22
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

JasonMBryant Posted at 2016-12-22 13:46
He tested for that. You can always file off a little more.

Personally, I'm going back and forth about whether or not to do this. I have all the tools, but I don't want to mess up another cover. I've already broken one.

Find a friend that can 3d print... Tbh, I already asked a friend a while ago to print one for when I get mine and then experiment how far we can go.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules