Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P Ship Date?
12Next >
2827 50 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans59b98a1e
New
Flight distance : 2717 ft
United States

I am so frustrated with this entire situation. I have been trying to get a comrehensive answer from anyone regarding the P4Ps ship date.
I purchased my unit less than an hour after the announcement, and the money was withdrawn as soon as payment went through.
I have emailed three times, nothing - I have been in 10 or so chats and the agents give me horrible answers that are not conclusive.
When will DJI start shipping our orders? I decided to go direct through the store, and this is how we are treated?
Will DJI be doing anything to compesate the customers they lied to?

2016-11-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They are shipping already and a number of stores have stock already.
The online chat people don't know anything and asking them will only frustrate you - stop doing it.
DJI estimated shipping would commence 1-2 weeks from the time of launch.
Shipping has commenced less than 2 weeks from launch.
So where have you been lied to and why do you feel you should be compensated?
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with Labroides, the ship info  was there when you ordered.
Why would you get compensation ?
2016-11-25
Use props
thedjtec
New
United States

During the announcement, products were said to "ship early next week" (This last week) and they didn't. At my time of order, shipment time was "Shipping early next week." During these last 11 days, shipping has said various time frames from "3-5 days, 1-3 days and now 5-7 days." And saying "Shipping has commenced" is a load of crap. Sending orders to distributors is not equal to sending product to clients that ordered direct. It is not like a vendor bought product on the same page as I did. As to why we would get compensation: (In some form, whether or a gift card or discount...) Do you not see the absolutely crazy situation? DJI has not offered ANY answers to us as to why the delay exists, despite 'speculation.' I was told a shipping timeframe, it came and passed. I was told a second frame, it too passed. The final timeframe will be this coming Tuesday the 2nd, which will have been 14 days from time of order. We will see
2016-11-25
Use props
Archer1182
lvl.1
United States

I'm thinking I should have ordered a 3D printer instead of a drone at this point
2016-11-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

thedjtec Posted at 2016-11-26 16:43
During the announcement, products were said to "ship early next week" (This last week) and they didn ...

DJI never promised they would have one at your address by any date.
They just gave an estimated date they would be ready to start shipping.
An esitmate means .. it's their best guess but all sorts of things can happen to change that.
And the numbers most people saw said 1-2 weeks.
Two weeks ago no-one here would have even dreamed such a wonder would be available this year.
Lots of people would be just happy to be able to get the best ready-to-fly drone available.

But I can see that this has been a very stressful week for you.
I think DJI owe you a pony for the heartache it has caused.
They have pink for girls and blue for boys, make sure you specify which you would prefer.
2016-11-25
Use props
thedjtec
New
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-25 22:33
DJI never promised they would have one at your address by any date.
They just gave an estimated dat ...

I prefer any pony that keeps its promises. And not a one-trick-pony like DJIs customer service!
(and by the way, we have known about the p4p for months, its called a FCC filing ;) )
2016-11-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

thedjtec Posted at 2016-11-26 17:56
I prefer any pony that keeps its promises. And not a one-trick-pony like DJIs customer service!
(a ...

Show me the DJI's promise that was broken and I might agree with you.
And the FCC filing (which came out in late October, less than a month ago) https://fccid.io/SS3-WM331A1609
...  just confirmed that a P4pro might be coming one day but it gave no clues about just how good it was going to be.

Anything else you want to make exaggerated claims about while you're at it?
2016-11-25
Use props
Chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30138 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-25 19:30
I agree with Labroides, the ship info  was there when you ordered.
Why would you get compensation ?

The Newegg Official DJI Store said shipped by 11/25 did it not?
2016-11-25
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am beginning to believe the REFUND ORDER button may be a bad omen. Perhaps it was added to the website so consumers did not have to deal with online chat people (who do not know anything) in order to get a refund?

I base this on a few things (I am a cup half empty kind of guy though):

- If the P4P began shipping after 1 week (within the 1-2 week period), it is fair to reason that the aircraft will be showing up on someone's doorstep soon. How are they going to fly it without DJI GO 4? Beta version maybe?
- Newegg is now saying, "Order Now, item will be shipped within 2 weeks", DJI store, Estimated shipping: 5-7 business days of order confirmation and Amazon early 2017.
- Online chat and email have been very "reluctant" to pass any information, but they do not know anything about the marketing and shipping of the company they work for. (Does anyone at DJI know anything about marketing or shipping times, dates)

The facts are:
- DJI is unwilling to say, "OOPs, we messed up again" (if in fact they did)
- What good is my new P4P without DJI GO 4
- I would have bought it even if they told me it would not ship until next February.

Two cents only.
2016-11-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Apple store says they expect the Mavic towards the end of January now.  It's always 7-8 weeks on their site.  They thought they'd have them for Xmas, but maybe no.

I'm wondering if DJI is now releasing a handful of new items from their online store as sort of a test beta before sending them to the stores?  The P4P seems to be following that same method as well.  Debug a few, then do a major release once the initial betas come back for a version two modification.  The Best Buy where I got my P4 had a lot come back for issues so maybe DJI is trying a few new pre-releases as betas before sending them to the major box stores?

I read where GoPro plans to re-release their Karma before Xmas after their recall.  Maybe they should have done what DJI is now doing with some betas sold direct to small number of customers and wait for the results before going full-on to market.

Don'cha just love marketing!

2016-11-26
Use props
Spacetrucker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6680 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-26 00:17
They are shipping already and a number of stores have stock already.
The online chat people don't kn ...

I just checked and you are correct and there's the problem!!! I don't think it's a matter of compensation people are upset about, but anyway here in the USA we feel that if you go right to the source and pay what ever they are asking right off their should be a certain amount of respect between the manufacturers and the Loyal Customers and to hear your neighbor saying he just went to the store and bought one and your still waiting for yours! Just doesn't set right and I think that's just a normal human response! Yes I too am patiently waiting and remember to have a nice day!
2016-11-26
Use props
Spacetrucker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6680 ft
United States

Update see my trend on new App AWOL
2016-11-26
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone actually gotten a shipped notice yet?

Call me skeptical but DJI has a crappy track record for shipping when they say they will.
2016-11-26
Use props
ricphoto
lvl.2

United States

robble Posted at 2016-11-27 06:45
Has anyone actually gotten a shipped notice yet?

Call me skeptical but DJI has a crappy track recor ...

I got a shipped notice and tracking # early on the 22nd...fedex did not recognize it...still doesn't.
after numerous calls, emails and very frustrating chat sessions I called BS, cancelled and went with aerialmediapros who have it in stock and will ship monday (at 5% off ;-)
2016-11-26
Use props
Aidid Haiqal (W
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1132822 ft
Malaysia

Guys,You can't mad at DJI because releasing P4P and I2..Because it does not affect mavic at all...They have their own production line.Or you did think that DJI so poor and only have 1 production line?Only if DJI release new family drone,You should mad at them...Because adding one more production line
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-11-26 06:46
I am beginning to believe the REFUND ORDER button may be a bad omen. Perhaps it was added to the web ...

The GO app will be up in a few days.
2016-11-26
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I hope there is a new Go app for the PRO?

Please do not bloat the current one any more!

I am afraid that if they add any more code to the current one for new drones types, then the older P3, P4's will be worthless.

I also do not undertand why so many people are so eager to buy something that just comes out?? I waited instead of rushing to buy the betamax players when they came out.  See how good of a move that was.  I then bought the VHS of course later on, after it was finalized with all the required features & bells and whistles. I also did not buy the first cell phones which weighted 15 lbs.  Another great move on my part. If I am not paid to be a beta tester, I won't be a free beta tester!

2016-11-26
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-11-26 17:28
I hope there is a new Go app for the PRO?

Please do not bloat the current one any more!

I was eager to buy because the Pro+ seems like exactly the drone I want.  I am also happy to wait until DJI gets everything in order. Well, maybe not exactly happy,but not unhappy.

2016-11-26
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-26 18:46
The GO app will be up in a few days.

Why ship the P4P without the ability to operate it? It has been mentioned more than once by DJI employees and zealous consumers that they have started shipping (in the timeframe promised) yet the app will not be ready for a few days.
2016-11-26
Use props
fans7478c688
lvl.1

United States

Guys, the author of this thread is angry because they promised they would ship multiple times and then never followed through on it. When you might ask? Last week on Sunday night I remember DJI Natalia (Who is Ken's sister probably LOL) was responding to someone asking about when the P4P would ship. She responded saying "The P4P will ship tomorrow". So technically last week they should've started shipping on Monday which they obviously didn't. Of course this is going to bring about some concern and some frustration especially in the wake of (dare I say the word) the MAVIC situation. So people are entitled to their own opinion and their own concern which they are clearly stating in this thread. Now one can argue that DJI or DJI Natalia for that matter never actually "promised" that it would ship starting Monday, however as I stated above she did comment on a thread feeding information to an enormous concerned customer forum stating that the P4P would "ship tomorrow" meaning Monday, November 21st. So people have the right to be upset and definitely should be given an update as to why a DJI Customer Rep said it would be shipped only for customers to find out that their $1500 product didn't actually ship. The only compensation that I believe we deserve and actually care about would be an informative update as to when we can reasonably expect these P4P orders to begin shipping that were ordered from the DJI website directly.
2016-11-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans7478c688 Posted at 2016-11-27 16:36
Guys, the author of this thread is angry because they promised they would ship multiple times and th ...

The DJI people posting to the website know about as much about shipping dates as the online chat people (nothing).
IF one of them made some comment here, that has no bearing on anything.
2016-11-26
Use props
fans7478c688
lvl.1

United States

Ok so do you work for DJI Labroides? You sure seem to know everything there is to know. Why would a DJI Rep say something like that just to piss off more people and subsequently have DJI receive more unsettling emails and phone calls from angered customers and make their Customer Service team put more effort into dealing with these people when they're already swamped dealing with the backlash of the Mavic Pro among sooooo many other issues? Why would a DJI Rep do that? I'm sure if DJI hadn't told her to say that it would "ship tomorrow" then she wouldn't have said it would "ship tomorrow". And I'm sure if she did say what she said without the approval from DJI, then she would've been reprimanded for her actions and yet I still see her doing her job as usual and most likely wasn't reprimanded for her actions therefore I believe firmly that DJI actually DID give DJI Natalia the go ahead to confirm shipping the P4P last week. So for you to say that it has no bearing on anything makes you sound like you either have no idea what you're talking about, or you must work for DJI (and Im truly sorry for you if you do) in which case you must know a lot more than all of us do. Im gonna assume you don't work for DJI and that you don't know everything and that you spend way too much time on this forum being "That Guy". So how about you just call it day and stop being "That Guy". Thanks for your time buddy.
2016-11-26
Use props
fans030c20af
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Cancelled my order with DJI. Gone with a local vendor that has stock. Which shows they are now shipping out to vendors and ignoring customers... Pre ordered hours after announcement and still hadnt shipped 2 weeks later. Of course when the official DJI Store advertised 1-3 business days shipping and they don't deliver on the promise THEY set, I must be impatient and need to get off the forums! There is an expectation that when you advertise X you then generally have to deliver X.

It reminds me of these eBay stores which put fake Stock levels and Shipping locations, just to get you to impulse buy from their store and then you find out they don't have it in stock and are based in another country!!

Who held the gun to their head and said you HAVE to announce shipping within 1-2 weeks (they only need the bird out before xmas) and then who put 1-3 business days shipping on the product in the store?

Could have said 3 weeks and then deliver a week early.. Its clearly was a cash grab.. and it worked! until they put a refund button on the store.
2016-11-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans7478c688 Posted at 2016-11-27 17:06
Ok so do you work for DJI Labroides? You sure seem to know everything there is to know. Why would a  ...

You have an amazing faith in the infallibility of the word of DJI reps here.
Observation over time has shown that it is entirely unjustified.
Assume whatever you like.

2016-11-26
Use props
Complex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135689 ft
Australia

Glad to know about the refund button on the store. Tell me, does it take long for them to return the money? Funny how that their resellers have stock nut their web store doesn't, but then again, all of the people who did order from the dji store would likely not complain about it on a forum with the rest of us
2016-11-26
Use props
fans6c69eba4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans030c20af Posted at 2016-11-27 17:08
Cancelled my order with DJI. Gone with a local vendor that has stock. Which shows they are now shipp ...

who's the local vendor in Aus???
2016-11-26
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fans7478c688 Posted at 2016-11-27 07:06
Ok so do you work for DJI Labroides? You sure seem to know everything there is to know. Why would a  ...

Hehe, wait until your new guy Trump has taken over for a few months and has cancelled some more trade agreements then you'll have to wait for months and pay about 20 % more for your P4P.
2016-11-27
Use props
fans030c20af
lvl.3
Australia

fans6c69eba4 Posted at 2016-11-27 14:40
who's the local vendor in Aus???

Try digitstore on Ebay. They are also a couple others. C10YAY will get you a further 10% off buddy
2016-11-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans030c20af Posted at 2016-11-27 22:48
Try digitstore on Ebay. They are also a couple others. C10YAY will get you a further 10% off buddy ...

Maybe that's a mis-spelling?
digitstore is a non-active US seller who hasn't sold anything for a year or more
2016-11-27
Use props
fans030c20af
lvl.3
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-27 20:18
Maybe that's a mis-spelling?
digitstore is a non-active US seller who hasn't sold anything for a y ...

digitstores*
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-P ... :g:uDUAAOSwHMJYNRX4
2016-11-27
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am beginning to wonder if anybody knows anything, since DJI online support, to include DJI employees on this forum, online chat, people who answer emails and the phone (essentially, the public face of the company)  do not know anything about the shipping operations or dates. Sounds like a great job to have.

I do have a novel suggestion for DJI employees, how about the truth. Just say you do not know instead of feeding people lies. If you do know, then tell us that date. I am unsure why it is so difficult. DJI is probably not going to lose any market share by saying the aircraft is delayed until XX date due to "whatever" issues.
2016-11-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-11-27 13:15
I am beginning to wonder if anybody knows anything, since DJI online support, to include DJI employe ...

I don't think employees are telling lies, although sometimes they seem to be under pressure but seems mainly to do with not having the information people are looking for.
I think there needs to be some sort of clarity for sales and mods here, just to explain to those who seem to get annoyed at the least little delay,
P4Pro has not been delayed yet, so no cause for panic, if it is going to be delayed for whatever reason, then I think a simple explanation would suffice.
I think the only way to quell all the daft rumors and insinuations, is to have everyone singing of the same hymn sheet. Doesn't seem a lot to ask for people who spent a lot of money and time on dji products ..

“You can hear rumors. But you can't know
2016-11-27
Use props
Complex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135689 ft
Australia

Digitstores say they have stock but then tell a different story once they have your money, i know this because i purchased a Mavic with them.

EEHobbies who are Digitstores local Australian supplier said via email that they are not expecting stock until the end of Dec/Jan. For Digitstores to say thwy have stock..... well lets just hope you don't get disappointed.
2016-11-27
Use props
fans030c20af
lvl.3
Australia

Complex Posted at 2016-11-27 22:56
Digitstores say they have stock but then tell a different story once they have your money, i know th ...

I hope so too. They have another listing in HK with 28 nov shipping in the picture which seems quite confident of them..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DJI-P ... :g:AMkAAOSw44BYNqTC
2016-11-27
Use props
Steelinox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168891 ft
United States

gvgeorge Posted at 2016-11-26 16:52
I was eager to buy because the Pro+ seems like exactly the drone I want.  I am also happy to wait  ...

I am in this boat as well, and can wait for that beautiful screen and P4P !
2016-11-27
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-26 22:45
The DJI people posting to the website know about as much about shipping dates as the online chat p ...

how is it that you know so much about what's going on , do you work for DJI directly ?
you seem to know more about the product and the release date than DJI stuff lol
Dude give yourself a break and disappear with your senseless replies...
People have a right to be upset , a set shipping date upon product purchase is an aggreement between the customer and DJI itself, if they do not honor the scheduled date they break a promise...
Do you need to get a pink postcard from DJI with an actual due date to accept that as a product release promise..., get a hat ! I think you're getting way too much sun out there right along the Thunderstorm Asthma....
2016-11-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Heniek W Posted at 2016-11-28 07:39
how is it that you know so much about what's going on , do you work for DJI directly ?
you seem to ...

"how is it that you know so much about what's going on"
I read and know enough to ignore most of the rumours spread by people that have no idea.
And I've been flying these things long enough to understand how DJI and their machines work.

"Dude give yourself a break and disappear with your senseless replies..."
You think it would be better if no-one here had any idea (like you)?
2016-11-27
Use props
sshorty
lvl.2

Australia

Complex Posted at 2016-11-28 01:56
Digitstores say they have stock but then tell a different story once they have your money, i know th ...

I bought mine over the weekend, they 100% guarantee they will send it some day this week (cannot give a day yet)
Hopefully they are telling the truth, with the amount of stock some US retailers seem to have, I hold some form of hope that it will get sent this week.
2016-11-27
Use props
Airspacemedia
New
Flight distance : 43146 ft
Australia

sshorty Posted at 2016-11-28 12:51
I bought mine over the weekend, they 100% guarantee they will send it some day this week (cannot g ...

Same here I got told within this week will be sent out. They must be waiting for a bunch shipment to come in
2016-11-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules