Mavic Pro - How do you stop the RTH and low battery beeping???
12Next >
26951 70 2016-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dublbogy1
New

United States

Is there any news on how to turn the beeping off or, at least, down without taking the contoller apart?
2016-11-26
Use props
danieleforyou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154820 ft
Iceland

This way:

2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should only use RTH if you are unable to fly the aircraft home by yourself.
And you should also land the aircraft when the battery gets low. You can set the 1st and 2nd warnings to lower  levels and you can cancel the 1st warnings but you really should land by the time the 2nd battery warning.
2016-11-26
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-26 18:24
And you should also  ...

Yes good advise Ken, but it doesn't address the OP's topic.
2016-11-26
Use props
fansae63899d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361188 ft
United States

I sometimes use RTH when I am lazy and flying higher than all obstacles around so it definitely doesn't crash into something.
Why shouldn't I do this?
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

damaltor Posted at 2016-11-26 22:01
Yes good advise Ken, but it doesn't address the OP's topic.

It does address the OP's topic, follow that and it won't keep beeping.
2016-11-26
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

For protection of the battery at what percentage would you say we must land the craft?

Say for example I'm just doing a hover test indoors about 1 meter above a soft surface so there's little chance of damaging the Mavic. What would be the lowest possible battery level that the Mavic could safely reach before landing?
2016-11-27
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 01:24
And you should also  ...

Why shouldnt we use RTH?

Ever since the P2 (p3 and on) they all come with a dedicated button for RTH, the manuals all describe it being used as a function, not a failsafe (as it used to be ...)

Autonomous flight includes active track etc, shouldnt we use them either ?
2016-11-27
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.3
United States

after watching that video would wearing a ring affect the stick controls since they seem to be a magnetic sensor?
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-11-27 09:42
Why shouldnt we use RTH?

Ever since the P2 (p3 and on) they all come with a dedicated button for  ...

You can use RTH, I've seen so many aircraft crash during RTH as the user didn't have RTH set properly.
That's why I suggest flying it home yourself.
If you know exactly 100% every function, feature, and limitation of your aircraft then you will have no issues using RTH.
2016-11-27
Use props
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 14:26
You can use RTH, I've seen so many aircraft crash during RTH as the user didn't have RTH set prope ...

"That's why I suggest flying it home yourself."

And we're suggesting that the engineers kindly make a mute option. Can you please forward that on with urgency from MANY annoyed users? Thank you.
2016-11-27
Use props
Raja the Mighty
lvl.1
United States

I have the same question: Where is the mute button?

It's incredibly annoying when you still have 15% battery or you use RTH & it's beeping the entire time!
So truthfully there is only about 20 minutes flight time unless you can deal with the loud beeping.
2016-11-27
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

I never use RTH I used it once with my P4 when it completely lost connection, I feel like its only a redundancy. But yes the beeping is annoying, it's not just battery low its also on the wheel. While there is also notifications on the phone and via the controllers vibration I think they should at least allow you to mute it as soon as the alert goes off. Similar to an Aircraft master alert. the first thing they do is mute it.
2016-11-27
Use props
damaltor
lvl.2

Canada

fansce3b84f6 Posted at 2016-11-27 12:32
"That's why I suggest flying it home yourself."

And we're suggesting that the engineers kindly ma ...

Second the motion.
2016-11-27
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-26 17:24
And you should also land the aircraft when the battery gets low. You can set the 1st and 2nd warnings to lower  levels and you can cancel the 1st warnings but you really should land by the time the 2nd battery warning.

But that doesn't eliminate the audible warnings. It only decreases the safety threshold, thus potentially shortening or eliminating the alarm.  I generally don't decrease safety to make things more comfortable.

I agree with the rest: It would be great to have a "Dismiss" option on DJI GO 4 app.  Perhaps it's a bit harder to modify the RC hardware.
2017-1-13
Use props
AC Flyer
lvl.1
United States

I'd like to add another voice to the request: please provide the option to mute the beeping sound during Return To Home and Low Battery Warning. On screen prompts are fine, but the constant beeping is annoying, distracting and actually makes flying the aircraft LESS SAFE in my opinion and experience.

Thank you.
2017-2-1
Use props
fans1b2d13e9
New

United States

I agree—not only is it annoying, it is unsafe as it is a constant distraction, adding stress to the pilot.

2017-2-10
Use props
Lucluck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26385 ft
France

And it is unpleasant to tell everybody around: look at me I have got a drone and something is wrong. This is an extra stress to know that people may look at your expression and try to discover any trouble on your face
2017-2-10
Use props
KeDaO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1695732 ft
Spain

Just two days with my new drone and yes... it is completely annoying.

Same functionality but less louder would be even better.
2017-3-19
Use props
fansd6613042
New
Germany

Add me to the list. Especially the low battery warning. I WANT it to beep, yes. Because it SHOULD notify me about the battery being low. However once I am aware of that and am returning home, there is no point in continue beeping. The only thing it does is, it makes you try to land the aircraft as fast as possible because you don't want to annoy the people around you, which potentially results in more dangerous flight maneuvers which could then damage the aircraft, property or even harm humans. Please make an option to silence this once the pilot has seen the warning.
2017-3-22
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-11-27 07:38
For protection of the battery at what percentage would you say we must land the craft?

Say for example I'm just doing a hover test indoors about 1 meter above a soft surface so there's little chance of damaging the Mavic. What would be the lowest possible battery level that the Mavic could safely reach before landing?

the mavic won't let you get to that stage ever if your battery is very low and you haven't landed the machine it basically says get stuffed them Fred and takes control and lands its self
2017-3-22
Use props
ermo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74337 ft
Germany

Imagine you're driving your car down the highway towards the next gas station to fill up. You go on reserve and don't just get the low gas warning but also get beaped at loudly until you arrive. i'm not sure the car makers only solution would be not to go into reserve (usually around 50 kms) anymore.
2017-3-22
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Endorse all that is said / written by non-DJI people in this thread. Honking, shouting and screaming of people is preposterous !!!  

Are using Naturally RTH function to fly back and land in the same way as I use auto takeoff.  

Regards Leif.
2017-3-22
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

fans05e6c58a Posted at 2016-11-27 08:13
after watching that video would wearing a ring affect the stick controls since they seem to be a magnetic sensor?

If the rings are made of GOLD or SILVER which many are There is no problem,
Unless your walking around with a Metal Iron ring that somehow became magically
magnetized and turns your finger Black all the time ?
2017-3-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

AC Flyer Posted at 2017-2-1 08:10
I'd like to add another voice to the request: please provide the option to mute the beeping sound during Return To Home and Low Battery Warning. On screen prompts are fine, but the constant beeping is annoying, distracting and actually makes flying the aircraft LESS SAFE in my opinion and experience.

Thank you.

How does it make flying less safe?
2017-3-22
Use props
jcs613
New
United States

DJI Please add mute functionality to the app/remote. I have heard if you do not use the phone, the controller will vibrate instead of make an audible beep. Please have the option to mute audible sounds/beeps, and and to have the remote vibrate instead. I agree with the others who have already posted above, especially agree with the example of a car low on gas that won't stop making VERY LOUD SOUNDS, until you get to a gas station. Surely that's distracted driving....and so is this, distracted flying.
2017-4-9
Use props
Sticks
lvl.2

United States

I like the IHMS target you selected for your avitar
2017-4-9
Use props
BetaPilot
lvl.2

Canada

I just made a thread about this issue. Considering the fact that low battery warning is a critical warning system, it makes absolutely no sense to allow critical battery to be silenced and not allow the same for RTH which we often initiate on purpose. Please chime in on the thread everyone so we can get some DJI eyeballs on it and have this backwards logic remedied. http://forum.dji.com/thread-93539-1-1.html
2017-4-21
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

"Imagine you're driving your car down the highway towards the next gas station to fill up. You go on reserve and don't just get the low gas warning but also get beaped at loudly until you arrive. "

You really should not drive until the reserve light comes on  . You should only use reserve if you can not find a gas station nearby . You should find a station and refill the tank when it shows the tank is less than 1/4 full .
2017-4-22
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Haven't tried this myself (I probably never will), but Firmware : v01.03.0600 "Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning."
2017-4-22
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

It is distracting.
2017-4-22
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

BetaPilot Posted at 2017-4-21 21:22
I just made a thread about this issue. Considering the fact that low battery warning is a critical warning system, it makes absolutely no sense to allow critical battery to be silenced and not allow the same for RTH which we often initiate on purpose. Please chime in on the thread everyone so we can get some DJI eyeballs on it and have this backwards logic remedied. http://forum.dji.com/thread-93539-1-1.html

I just made a thread about this issue. Considering the fact that low [RC] battery warning is a critical warning system, it makes absolutely no sense to allow critical battery to be silenced and not allow the same for RTH which we often initiate on purpose.

They aren't mutually exclusive: it's very possible that you'll eventually have the ability to mute RTH beeping as well.

And yes, it actually makes a lot of sense to allow the RC low battery beeping to be muted. If the remote's battery is low then the last thing you should want is for it to do something that drains its battery even faster -- like beeping. It makes no more sense to force the pilot to continue to listen to the beeping than it would to constantly remind them that their aircraft is returning to the home point.
2017-4-22
Use props
BetaPilot
lvl.2

Canada

I fully agree with you DroneFlying. I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense to allow us to mute the critical battery warning, I'm just saying that they should do the same for RTH and  it would make more sense to allow it for RTH. If I were DJI I would have implemented it for RTH first.
2017-4-22
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The beeping has a real purpose, when you press RTH , the Mavic is now under automatic control , your job as well as watching telemetry is to keep your AC in VLOS , the beeping also alerts those around to be aware, just like a lorry reversing it has a constant beeping to warn others of the danger and to keep clear, let's take a situation where you found yourself incapable of manually landing because of illness, so you hit RTH it's beeping and you and others are aware and safer because of it.

Remember these words IMSAFE and PAVE pilots live and die by these words.
2017-4-22
Use props
BetaPilot
lvl.2

Canada

I now realize it's for the remote control critical battery warning, not the warning beep coming from the remote control. I interpreted the wording incorrectly.
2017-4-22
Use props
BetaPilot
lvl.2

Canada

CelticWarrior Posted at 2017-4-22 12:07
The beeping has a real purpose, when you press RTH , the Mavic is now under automatic control , your job as well as watching telemetry is to keep your AC in VLOS , the beeping also alerts those around to be aware, just like a lorry reversing it has a constant beeping to warn others of the danger and to keep clear, let's take a situation where you found yourself incapable of manually landing because of illness, so you hit RTH it's beeping and you and others are aware and safer because of it.

Remember these words IMSAFE and PAVE pilots live and die by these words.

What does the beeping have to do with keeping your AC in VLOS? Beeping will bring the attention of those around me to myself, not the bird in the sky. When it gets close they will know it's there and most likely be looking at it anyway out of curiosity or interest. If it was a real emergency or danger was present I would verbally warn them myself. If I was ill I would obviously not silence the beeping... How would anyone around even know that beeping means an automated AC is returning to the area? You just seem to be dancing around my point but not actually addressing the obvious. What about the Phantom series, do you think they're not safe because they don't beep continuously when in RTH mode? Out of curiosity, do you even own a Mavic?
2017-4-22
Use props
CelticWarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4033665 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BetaPilot Posted at 2017-4-22 15:14
What does the beeping have to do with keeping your AC in VLOS? Beeping will bring the attention of those around me to myself, not the bird in the sky. When it gets close they will know it's there and most likely be looking at it anyway out of curiosity or interest. If it was a real emergency or danger was present I would verbally warn them myself. If I was ill I would obviously not silence the beeping... How would anyone around even know that beeping means an automated AC is returning to the area? You just seem to be dancing around my point but not actually addressing the obvious. What about the Phantom series, do you think they're not safe because they don't beep continuously when in RTH mode? Out of curiosity, do you even own a Mavic?

Funny you should ask I do own a Mavic , and have been beta testing it for two months, I also own a P4, I fly a M 600 for an inspection company.

If you don't want to hear the beeping just land the aircraft yourself that's an option, if your not capable or are nervous then you most definitely need the beeping, if you were say doing your commercial pilots test where you have to preform an RTH and you told your instructor, hey I'm going to turn off this warning beep, its most likely you would fail.

And just one more thing, P4 ,P4 pro, P4 advance, inspire 2 all have the beeping, and you can't turn it off or down.
2017-4-22
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

CelticWarrior Posted at 2017-4-22 15:37
Funny you should ask I do own a Mavic , and have been beta testing it for two months, I also own a P4, I fly a M 600 for an inspection company.

If you don't want to hear the beeping just land the aircraft yourself that's an option, if your not capable or are nervous then you most definitely need the beeping, if you were say doing your commercial pilots test where you have to preform an RTH and you told your instructor, hey I'm going to turn off this warning beep, its most likely you would fail.

The beep from those models is far far quieter, nowhere near as obnoxious as the mavics beep.
The older models - certainly the P2 and P1 didnt have a constant RTH Beep.

Anyhoo, i think we've over discussed this now as we're talking about the wrong thing anyway.
2017-4-23
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 11:26
You can use RTH, I've seen so many aircraft crash during RTH as the user didn't have RTH set properly.
That's why I suggest flying it home yourself.
If you know exactly 100% every function, feature, and limitation of your aircraft then you will have no issues using RTH.

Totally agree with Danny-B and most of desperate users.

DJI Ken,  please do not say that RTH button is an emergency solution only to justify the annoying beeping.
is not an emergency option because:

1. you can cancelled at any time
2. it is designed to be used without the need of driving the drone back to your homepoint. Definetely if RTH settings not properly set is a different issue and falls in pilot's fault.

but definitely is a DJI fault not to allow user to mute or at least reduce the volume of the beeping.

Let me give you a practical solution that does not let DJI under any liability.

1. add an option in the configuration menu that allow a popup message to appear in the phone screen asking the user to disable the alarm  (same pop up used to take off or landing with a forcing sliding operation to be accepted)
   1.a.   if user does not enable this option in the configuration file the annoying beep will remain as it is right now.

1.b if user enable the option, the RC will still beep in the same laud and anoying way for 15 seconds regardless any action of end user after an alarm is triggered, LowBat, RTH etc.   after those 15 seconds user will have the chance to disable the alarm by sliding left the pop up message described at the begining.

not rocket since for a pretty impressive machine you already have out in our hands.
2017-5-12
Use props
jsteinkekcmo
lvl.1
United States

You would think this would be an easy fix. I, too, would like to see a way to mute the beeping. If you mute it and subsequently crash it, I'm sure it would be in the log, so I can't think of any reason why they couldn't add this function!! I agree with everyone else, it's a big distraction and could make for a more stressful situation. Come on DJI this is an easy one!!
2017-5-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules