Mavic Pro - How do you stop the RTH and low battery beeping???
26975 70 2016-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

jsteinkekcmo Posted at 2017-5-13 14:59
You would think this would be an easy fix. I, too, would like to see a way to mute the beeping. If you mute it and subsequently crash it, I'm sure it would be in the log, so I can't think of any reason why they couldn't add this function!! I agree with everyone else, it's a big distraction and could make for a more stressful situation. Come on DJI this is an easy one!!

I second that and add one other argument: if the VERY loud beeping is absolutely necessary for safety reasons (whatever they might be and however 'real' they might be), so if that loud noise is absolutely needed why don't you have it on your other aircrafts ?
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-5-12 13:56
Totally agree with Danny-B and most of desperate users.

DJI Ken,  please do not say that RTH button is an emergency solution only to justify the annoying beeping.

In the ME section of the app, there's a Feedback tab.
You can put in your request there.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans37904417
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113484 ft
United States

It's super easy to just fly home on your own. No beeps, no problem.
2017-5-15
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-15 08:43
In the ME section of the app, there's a Feedback tab.
You can put in your request there.

Ken,

Please, there has been enough demand I think on this forum (and elsewhere on the Internet) for a solution to this VERY loud noise. So please can't you pass this trough to your developers ? You have done that in the past with equally valid requests...
2017-5-15
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

fans37904417 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:05

Even more easy: don't fly then you won't need to get your AC back.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PhanFran Posted at 2017-5-15 10:30
Ken,

Please, there has been enough demand I think on this forum (and elsewhere on the Internet) for a solution to this VERY loud noise. So please can't you pass this trough to your developers ? You have done that in the past with equally valid requests...

Yeah your right there are 9 people wanting it removed on this thread, 4 don't think it should, i would think out of the hundreds of thousands of mavic sold 9 should tell the rest what they need.

anyways i thought your Vendor was going to fix yours.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans37904417
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1113484 ft
United States

Super easy way to silence the RTH beep. Don't use RTH unless it's a last resort. DJI please keep the beep for RTH mode. Give me selectable ATTI mode any day over a muted RTH beep.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans37904417 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:46
Super easy way to silence the RTH beep. Don't use RTH unless it's a last resort. DJI please keep the beep for RTH mode. Give me selectable ATTI mode any day over a muted RTH beep.

Exactly give us the things that are useful and that most want,
2017-5-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Ken,

I Vote To Keep The Beep

It was put into the program for very good valid reasons !!!!!!
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ken,

The solution is simple, the beep is a warning (RTH, low battery). If you don't want to hear the beep, fly home manually with enough battery.
Besides, I've inquired about it long ago because a user has asked and it's still there so obviously R&D wants to keep it there and not create an option to cancel it.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-15 11:13
I Vote To Keep The Beep

This is true.
2017-5-15
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:43
Yeah your right there are 9 people wanting it removed on this thread, 4 don't think it should, i would think out of the hundreds of thousands of mavic sold 9 should tell the rest what they need.

anyways i thought your Vendor was going to fix yours.

I think it's best not to reply any more to this kind of posts that are clearly more meant to antagonize than to have a civilized discussion.
2017-5-16
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-15 11:32
The solution is simple, the beep is a warning (RTH, low battery). If you don't want to hear the beep, fly home manually with enough battery.
Besides, I've inquired about it long ago because a user has asked and it's still there so obviously R&D wants to keep it there and not create an option to cancel it.

At least make it less LOUD, that's all what people ask. And, Ken, if your "R&D" are so persistent in wanting to keep the beep, why don't we have it on any other RC then ? Is the Phantom less 'dangerous' than the Mavic ?
2017-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

PhanFran Posted at 2017-5-16 03:50
I think it's best not to reply any more to this kind of posts that are clearly more meant to antagonize than to have a civilized discussion.

You can't have a civilised debate with someone who won't listen to reason, if you came here and said a few people wanted something done about beeping then that would be about right.
But there are many who believe that removing safety measures on drones will only have the effect of reducing the activities of drone flyers, dji are continually improving safety on there drones, this is surely a good thing when someone comes up with an idea to change these measures but only reason for it is the sound is loud, that's ridiculous.
Should we remove beeping for lorries beeping for seat belts for heart monitors for ambulance and fire trucks and police sirens.
I think we should support dji and other drone manufacturers for the great emphasis they put on safety for drone flyers and general public a like.
You just think it's to loud....
2017-5-16
Use props
Skold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239170 ft
United States

I think the volume should at least be able to be reduced to about 10% of what it is now.   Have a way to reduce it so the pilot can still hear it but not everyone within a 100 yard radius.
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PhanFran Posted at 2017-5-16 03:55
At least make it less LOUD, that's all what people ask. And, Ken, if your "R&D" are so persistent in wanting to keep the beep, why don't we have it on any other RC then ? Is the Phantom less 'dangerous' than the Mavic ?

As I said earlier, there's a Feedback tab in the Me section of the GO app. Feel free to leave feedback.
2017-5-16
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-15 11:13
I Vote To Keep The Beep

Ok, I can understand that.
But , if that loud beep is indeed so important for the safe handling of the Mavic Pro, why isn't it built in in the RC of the Phantom ? Not even the RC of the Phantom 4 Pro has any sound as loud as this Mavic-beep and was released months after the Mavic.
2017-5-16
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

fans37904417 Posted at 2017-5-15 10:05

we know is easy.
the requirement is different
2017-5-19
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
United States

Ken,

Ken, you have included the beep off option for the RC low battery warning
why dont you do the same for the RTH and Drone low battery warning?

again, make it difficult for users to reduce the volume or disable the beep so if a user want what we want it must go to a complicated configuration process so there is no liability on DJI.

that beep is just a non sense function
2017-5-19
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
United States

PizzaFiend Posted at 2017-4-22 04:44
Haven't tried this myself (I probably never will), but Firmware : v01.03.0600 "Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning."

that just works for the remote control nothing else
2017-5-22
Use props
PanaceaBeachBum
lvl.2
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-4-22 04:14
"Imagine you're driving your car down the highway towards the next gas station to fill up. You go on reserve and don't just get the low gas warning but also get beaped at loudly until you arrive. "

You really should not drive until the reserve light comes on  . You should only use reserve if you can not find a gas station nearby . You should find a station and refill the tank when it shows the tank is less than 1/4 full .

Really.... somebody uses this as an example and your schooling them on how to gas up their car?

I use the RTH everyday, If its a function that shouldn't be used then dont assign it to a button on the control. Yes its annoying but not terrible
2017-5-22
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-5-22 17:11
that just works for the remote control nothing else

Copy that. I've since figured that out...
2017-5-22
Use props
fans3fb4997e
New
United States

I understand the low battery warning and I don't use RTH for the reasons stated above, but I work in an open office and when I want to turn things on (for firmware upgrades, to tinker with settings, or to review footage pre-upload) both the controller and the aircraft make a lot of racket. There should be an option to turn off this kind of audio feedback even if the warning sounds need to remain.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansa176e567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Australia

I'm not sure if it was this thread where I saw that some low battery beeping can be acknowledged by a short press of the transmitter's power button.
Just now I proved this mutes the beeping for when the transmitter battery is <15% - the warning is still there but the nagging beeping stops so I can focus on getting the Mavic home.

Does briefly pressing the power button during RTH silence that unnecessary beeping too - has anyone tested it?
Can anyone say if this also works for other alarms - such as low flight battery?

I'm very much biased towards the user being able to 'acknowledge' (silence) an audible alarm - a brief press of the power button is fine by me.  If a new alarm comes in (say battery warning changes to critical), then a new beep can start - but I'll still want to acknowledge (silence) it somehow.

I work in a control room, and it is well known that persistent alarms that cannot be silenced are actually distracting and dangerous - as they remove attention away from resolving what ever is wrong.  They also mask a new alarm if that comes in after the first...
2017-8-14
Use props
fansa176e567
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Australia

PizzaFiend Posted at 2017-4-22 04:44
Haven't tried this myself (I probably never will), but Firmware : v01.03.0600 "Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning."

I have posted earlier but just saw this - I can confirm this works for when the transmitter battery drops to 15% (it starts screaming at you) a quick press of the power button silences this alarm - atleast for a while

I love this!  next time I fly I'll be testing for other alarms    Edit - I just saw the post saying this ONLY works for the transmitter low battery alarm
2017-8-14
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

fansa176e567 Posted at 2017-8-14 02:07
I have posted earlier but just saw this - I can confirm this works for when the transmitter battery drops to 15% (it starts screaming at you) a quick press of the power button silences this alarm - atleast for a while

I love this!  next time I fly I'll be testing for other alarms    Edit - I just saw the post saying this ONLY works for the transmitter low battery alarm

Cool! Thanks for the update!
2017-8-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

I wouldnt mind seeing it done as it is on other systems, those with critical life support issues.
"Warnings" will beep but can be silenced, sometimes for a given time period.
"Critical Warnings" cannot be silenced.

So for example a user initiated RTH or low battery could be silenced for say 60 seconds and keep doing that.
Critical things like a critical battery, low battery smart RTH and so on should not be able to be silenced.
2017-8-17
Use props
fansf6800ea2
New
United States

Initiate RTH then simply turn off remote & exit DJI app and wait in silence for the Mavic to return. If they don’t want to add functionality that makes sense, one can decide to do things that don’t.
2018-3-20
Use props
Filipok
lvl.2
United States

Just got my mav pro platinum today. Was this ever resolved? The low battery warning is extremely annoying.
2019-4-15
Use props
fansba93f2f3
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 11:26
You can use RTH, I've seen so many aircraft crash during RTH as the user didn't have RTH set properly.
That's why I suggest flying it home yourself.
If you know exactly 100% every function, feature, and limitation of your aircraft then you will have no issues using RTH.

Yeah, fly it home yourself because it is so difficult to setup the options for RTH?  As a photographer, I really enjoy being able to customize my RTH features, which I've incorporated to leverage the RTH as a chance to gather some nice coverage footage.  I always use RTH. It is a wonderfully designed feature which has really surprised me with it's off-label applications!
2021-2-28
Use props
fansba93f2f3
New

United States

I just tested my Mavic 2 Zoom, indoors with my Android phone, and was able to turn down the beeping by turning down the volume on my phone.  I wonder if that works for the iPhone folks.  I was pleasantly surprised and relieved as I have a big indoor shoot tomorrow in a museum.  Can someone test this on their iPhone?
2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules