1244 17 2016-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kharma
lvl.2
Flight distance : 711463 ft
Canada

Hi There,
I need help with a solution to pixel blotches and lines on display, and when I download my photos or view on the unit they have pixel blotches on some left side small area? This has never happened before, all uptdate, no crashes or hard landings, nothing. It seems the camera has a bit of a lag as well on the display screen too, the pixel lines are like transmission issue possibly? But that should not effect the photos if that was the case (JPEG's)? Videos are all fine.

Capture.PNG
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kharma, would you please upload several original pictures directly from SD card to dropbox and provide us the link?
Please do not edit it, thanks.
Besides, may I know what mobile device you use to connect it? how long it will lag?
2016-11-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Try removing the SD card from the aircraft, plugging it into a computer and then copying the files off. See if the photos and videos are OK then.
2016-11-26
Use props
Kharma
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-27 00:49
Try removing the SD card from the aircraft, plugging it into a computer and then copying the files o ...

Same issue, thanks I tried that first.
2016-11-27
Use props
Kharma
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 00:22
Kharma, would you please upload several original pictures directly from SD card to dropbox and provi ...

https://1drv.ms/f/s!As2qv7MIBbb9nSpNqtaWp0HwTfpu  

Samsung Galaxy Tab SM-T350
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kharma Posted at 2016-11-28 01:35

We can not access to the link you provided, would you please upload it to dropbox? thanks.
2016-11-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-28 15:27
We can not access to the link you provided, would you please upload it to dropbox? thanks.

It would not matter Natalia, they are not camera originals he has uploaded to OneDrive, the one I checked was only 1.6 MB in size, so they have been heavliy compressed by some process.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-28 14:04
It would not matter Natalia, they are not camera originals he has uploaded to OneDrive, the one I  ...

Thank you so much for that, Geebax
2016-11-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kharma Posted at 2016-11-27 07:35

Aloha Kharma,

Geebax says your images are highly compressed by some means and therefore not the original shots.  Could you take a photo of something as a .jpeg and upload it as Natalia suggested without allowing it to be compressed in any way.  It should be 3 or 4 MB at least, possibly way more.  This may take longer to upload but it will potentially solve your problem.

BTW, the reason just posting it to this Forum will not work is because the Forum uses its own compression for images displayed here.  The result will be misleading.

Also, go into the photo menu and when you choose your settings for the next round of photo for this problem, please post the settings of the camera for the photo in this thread.  We need to track every step of this problem in order to help solve it for you.  If this leads to more questions, we are here to help.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-28
Use props
Kharma
lvl.2
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-28 05:41
Aloha Kharma,

Geebax says your images are highly compressed by some means and therefore not  ...

Will do, thanks everyone.
2016-11-28
Use props
Kharma
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-28 00:27

2016-11-28
Use props
Kharma
lvl.2
Canada

Kharma Posted at 2016-11-28 12:18

This is link for photos
2016-11-28
Use props
James'ik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126804 ft
Poland

Kharma Posted at 2016-11-28 17:18
This is link for photos

It's really strange as it looks like the same block of pixels appears in more than one picture. It's as if that section is stuck and then copied over to the following pictures. Look closely and you'll see the same "patch" on two or three pictures.
Have you tried formatting your SD card? I would take it out of the P3 and do a full format (not a quick one) on your computer. This is just an idea... except for that I think you'll just have to send it in for repairs. Is it still under warranty?
2016-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Looking once again at your photos on OneDrive, the file size is too small for a 12 Megapixel photo. They are only 1.6 MB in size, whereas a photo direct from the camera is usually about 3.4 MB, so the ones you are posting are not camera originals.

Where are you getting these photos from? Are you getting them off your phone or tablet, or from the SD card in the aircraft?
2016-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

James'ik Posted at 2016-11-29 07:34
It's really strange as it looks like the same block of pixels appears in more than one picture. It ...

'Have you tried formatting your SD card? I would take it out of the P3 and do a full format (not a quick one) on your computer.'

It is always best to format the card in the aircraft, as it knows what structure is correct and also sets up the correct folders and hidden files. Formatting in a PC does not work any better.
2016-11-28
Use props
James'ik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126804 ft
Poland

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-28 23:40
'Have you tried formatting your SD card? I would take it out of the P3 and do a full format (not a ...

On one hand, yes, that's true. On the other hand, something is wrong and there might be a file error on the card that the drone is not able to eliminate through its quick format. Notice how long it takes to format a card in the aircraft - it is just a quick format.
I would to a full format on the PC and then a quick format in the aircraft. It's worth a try before sending it to DJI. Just my thought.
2016-11-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kharma Posted at 2016-11-28 06:18
This is link for photos

Aloha Kharma,

Have you tried a different SD card?  As James notes, the same patch get caught from one photo and reproduced in another photo or two or three, then a new patch with the same configuration gets caught and happens again.  Some of the photos look correct and I suspect those are the ones with the original patch.

Anyway, try to use a different SD card and see if it makes a difference.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

James'ik Posted at 2016-11-29 10:17
On one hand, yes, that's true. On the other hand, something is wrong and there might be a file err ...

A full format on an SD card is just an unnecessary sequence of writes to a device that has a limited number of writes avaialble. It would not matter if there was a file error on the card, as the format process rewrites the File Allocation Table to zero so all files are able to be re-written.

Until the OP posts original files to Dropbox or whatever, there is little more that can be concluded, because the patches could just as well have been created by the process he has put the files through, and not the camera.

2016-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules