Follow me: List of phones that don't work
993 3 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Can we get a list of phones where 'follow me' mode does not work?

I've got a Sony Z5C and follow me mode does not work with that phone.

I've seen videos and read reports of other mainstream android devices where follow me doesn't work. It would be good if people could wade in.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mike, please refer to our device recommended list.
Besides, follow me mode requires GPS module.  So it's better to use the device which has GPS module and is in our recommended list.
recommended list.png
2016-11-28
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Yes I know all about that list. It only covers a very small number of android devices.

I'm interesting in knowing more about which phones 'follow me' mode is working in and which it isn't.

Nearly every phone for the past 6 six years has a GPS module, so I'm curious to know why follow me might work on something like the Sony Z3, but not the Sony Z5.
2016-11-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

DJI seems to be struggling to obtain compatibility with current devices. I have heard of issues with Android N (current android version) as well as phone specific issues with Samsung's S7 (their current flagship phone), and of course, the Google Pixel (probably the most in demand phone right now, and google's current flagship, vanilla android phone). It's a little concerning that they don't have compatibility with the Pixel phones. After all, they are stock android, with no modifications. It *should* be the *most* compatible phone.

I am currently using a Nexus 6p, running Android N (last years's flagship phone from google), but have not had a chance to try it yet. Though it is on the preferred device list.
2016-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules