Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No camera signal (black screen) in DJI Go App
10403 15 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KrasheR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43799 ft
Poland

So when I connect my Phantom 3 Standard with DJI Go the screen is black and doesn't show the camera preview. This happens on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300), why it shouldn't work fine?

The drone CANNOT be broken, i think its GO app issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

2016-11-27
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Take the lense cap off...
2016-11-27
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

You could need to change camera settings.
Go into camera settings,check if manual or auto. Adjust( manual) or change to Auto.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Would you please post a screenshot here?
It's working fine before but suddenly stops working?
Have you changed another mobile device to connect phantom WiFi?
The remote links to aircraft properly?
2016-11-28
Use props
KrasheR
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-28 01:00
Would you please post a screenshot here?
It's working fine before but suddenly stops working?
Have you changed another mobile device to connect phantom WiFi?

Ok I'm bumping this because the problem is still here, so:

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Vp3a7R5.png
No, it doesn't work from the beggining
Yes it works on other devices but before I'll get a new phone I have to use this one
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KrasheR Posted at 2017-3-12 08:08
Ok I'm bumping this because the problem is still here, so:

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Vp3a7R5.png

Since it works properly with other devices, the drone functions fine.
Please try to reset camera settings through DJI GO on your Samsung S3 to check again.
2017-3-12
Use props
KrasheR
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-12 19:37
Since it works properly with other devices, the drone functions fine.
Please try to reset camera settings through DJI GO on your Samsung S3 to check again.

Tried and still nothing
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KrasheR Posted at 2017-3-13 01:24
Tried and still nothing

It seems the problem is caused by incompatibility issue, please use another device for the aircraft.
2017-3-13
Use props
Basepay
New

United States

I have the same problem. P3p was working fine. Put it away for the winter and when I got it out of the case to fly no video transmission in top left corner.  Dji said to update firmware. I did another problem. App states current firmware but can't be possible.  When I updated I got the long buzz and red light. Checked the text file and it stated success then a list of fails. According to the app it's current and the file it failed. Know I am stuck because I cannot get it to update or be removed.
2017-3-14
Use props
Jtahan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

DJI Natalia....i posted a similar issue about 2 months ago. With all due respect, the fix you just suggested is inappropriate. Using a new device should not be the direction DJI recommends. Some of us have been using the same devices without issue for over a year and now DJI releases a firmware that requires us to spend more money and buy a new device? That's not good business.
2017-3-16
Use props
kp600
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-13 17:50
It seems the problem is caused by incompatibility issue, please use another device for the aircraft.

I have the same problem, (black screen no camera) and I really don’t like this attitude. I was using a cheap phone which wasn’t great, lots of lag. So I invested in a 7” tablet with OTG; that’s all it was bought for … the drone! It worked beautifully, no lag, nice pin sharp picture.  I have only had the tablet a couple of months and this update has killed the camera. Cheapo phone still works though, doesn’t it. Here’s the problem … if I have to buy another device how do I know that will work? Do you think I’ll get a shop assistant patient enough to let me try every phone and tablet in the shop with a DJI drone till I find one that compatible! And what if I do get another tablet that works … and DJI go tinkering with their software again and that one becomes obsolete? Does anyone know how to restore the old firmware on android tablet? Does anyone know what the parrot bepob’s like? Does anyone want to buy a drone?
2018-8-29
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are quite a few threads throughout the forum on this issue and also quite a few solutions. Main problem is trying to find the posts.
What worked for me, and assuming all else functions except vision to the device. Remove sd card from Phantom & start up as if card is still in place I.e. iPad, rc & Phantom.if vision appears, shut it all down, insert card and should be good to go. If no success at least you can cross this one off the list.
Big issue re compatibility of hardware (& expensive too). Really hard to know if you're ahead, behind or on a different curve.
2018-8-29
Use props
KrasheR
lvl.1
Poland

Thanks y'all for help, but I've got a new phone over a year ago, so this thread can be closed.
2018-8-30
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Yep wish forum would colour code year of initial open date for first post.
2018-8-30
Use props
Anthonyg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183054 ft
United Kingdom

I have a phantom 3Adv  with a samsung s3 tablet. Without any updates I have started getting "Signal lost" message top centre of screen. When this happens which is almost all the time, there is nothing from the camera , just a black screen, the gimbal will move up and down slow but not the instant flip down and back up. The motors will start up and will fly but with no camera there's no point. If I switch the aircraft off "no signal"  changes to "disconnected"
If I restart  both aircraft and controller several times I might get things working fine but next time signal lost and no camera.
Any ideas would be good.
2019-8-4
Use props
fansd39c0bcd
New

Australia

I have a similar issue with my phantom 3 standard, my new android phone connects ok camera ok   but when I start the motor the camera screen goes blank. it works perfectly with my old android tab
2020-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules