Aircraft Disconnected message
3125 29 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mae
lvl.1

Canada

I just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and was going through the setup  for it.  I am using an iPhone 5S running IOS 10.0.2.  My DJI  Go App V 3.1.0 and the drone is V 1.7.90.  I'm new to DJI.  I have not taken flight with it yet as I'm not confident in the software as many times I've started things up, I get an Aircraft Disconnected message.  I thought I  followed all the setup procedures properly, but obviously something was  either done wrong or something is wrong with my drone.  Can anyone help  me?

2016-11-27
Use props
scooby-matt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86083 ft
United Kingdom

Have you got your cable connected to the handset and phone?
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

scooby-matt Posted at 2016-11-27 15:58
Have you got your cable connected to the handset and phone?

I have the Phantom 3 Standard so connection between the phone and controller connect by wifi.  I wish there was a way to hard connect it.
2016-11-27
Use props
scooby-matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Does your phone say that it has connected to the handset
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

scooby-matt Posted at 2016-11-27 18:18
Does your phone say that it has connected to the handset

Its random.  All appears to be ok and I have even got it off the ground and then there is no longer a camera feed and a message appears that says "Aircraft disconnected"
2016-11-27
Use props
scooby-matt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Has your handset got a usb port?
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

scooby-matt Posted at 2016-11-27 19:19
Has your handset got a usb port?

yes, a mini usb for charging
2016-11-27
Use props
fans1fa18113
New

United States

I have the same problem with the "aircraft disconnected" message....I have the DJI PHANTOM 3 Professional and NOT new to. Wing an operator...Also an iPhone user.....
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

fans1fa18113 Posted at 2016-11-27 20:08
I have the same problem with the "aircraft disconnected" message....I have the DJI PHANTOM 3 Profess ...

So, what have you done to fix it?  If it happens when its out of visual range, what do you do?
2016-11-27
Use props
fans1fa18113
New

United States

mae Posted at 2016-11-27 17:33
So, what have you done to fix it?  If it happens when its out of visual range, what do you do?

I'm trying to figure it out myself....sounds like we have the same problem....
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

fans1fa18113 Posted at 2016-11-27 20:46
I'm trying to figure it out myself....sounds like we have the same problem....

I just purchased mine 2 days ago and the store that I purchased it from has a non return policy on drones.  I've contacted DJI, but that has been a less than stellar experience so far, so I feel I may be stuck with a faulty drone.
2016-11-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

mae Posted at 2016-11-27 15:37
I just purchased mine 2 days ago and the store that I purchased it from has a non return policy on ...

Aloha mae,

All is not lost.  The P3P and P3A have different connection systems and problems than the P3S and P3 4K.  Tomorrow, the DJI Team will be able to help you out with support from DJI.  Meanwhile you have us.  A first step that often helps is to uninstall and reinstall your DJI GO app (use the same version for the same device type).  BTW, after you reinstall completely restart everything.  While you do that, you can explore some of the other information below.

Please understand that your P3S system is a network of three micro-computers, your device (iOS or Android), the Remote Controller (RC) and the Aircraft.  The P3P and P3A use a cable for the connection between the device and the RC.  Your system uses WiFi.  You need to make sure your WiFi connection between your device and the RC is rock solid.  You noted that the connection is random.  That is your problem.  You need to concentrate on that.  

Do be aware that urban and suburban areas are rife with WiFi interference that screws up P3S and P3 4K Phantoms.  Metal and operating electronic equipment (especially fans, heaters, etc.) also create interference.  To test your system, you need to get in the middle of a Canadian football field (the extra ten yards makes a difference - not, jj).  But you do need to get out of the interference in your own house.  Do you have WiFi at home?  That could be part of your problem.  Anyway, set up your WiFi connection between your RC and your iOS device so it works and do not even bother turning on your aircraft at this point.  Later try the aircraft for the whole system check.

Another diagnostic is, when you do lose the live view from your P3S, can you still control your P3S?  Can you land it?  The telemetry and control sub-system is more robust than the live view sub-system.  This information will be important for the DJI- Team on Monday.

But, maybe we can hope that your problem is just interference.  My P3P has a range of 3 miles but cannot even get a half mile over a suburban area without loosing the signal and Returning To Home (RTH).

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-27 22:38
Aloha mae,

All is not lost.  The P3P and P3A have different connection systems and problems  ...

Hi and thanks for the info.  The next time I get a chance, I will go somewhere that I know is interference free.  That likely won't be for a few days.  I must say, I'm surprised they use wifi between the device and the controller rather than using a cable.  A cable is always more stable.  Anyway, you are the first one that has at least given me some direction and useful info.  A far cry from the e-mail I received from DJI.  I hope you are right that they will be more helpful tomorrow.  Thanks again!
2016-11-27
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

well i actully had no issue with 168 but after reading all of the things with short range and I still thought I'd get something better with 178 now for the first time I'm losing video signal and even had a scare where I completely lost signal and the red light was on the controller not green in 6 months and hundreds of flights I never had that befor. When the weather clears up I will go give a few more chances and try to downgrade
2016-11-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mae Posted at 2016-11-27 17:20
Hi and thanks for the info.  The next time I get a chance, I will go somewhere that I know is inter ...

Aloha mae,

DJI is a rough and tumble company with amazing products.  There is also a significant language and cultural barrier since they are based in mainland China.  In spite of this, they have recently introduced five revolutionary products in the last month of which at least three are for sale.  The World is gobbling them up and really stressing the company, but they persevere.  Weekends are a rough time for them right now because it has been an incredible two weeks of overworking on their employee's part.  Imagine the World beating on your doorstep wanting something from you!  Not easy to deal with.  Patience and persistence are the order of the day for customers.  Below is a year and a half old article from Forbes Magazine.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryan ... naire/#6cc28c6c210c

Things are still as hectic and he still fails to slow down.  Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-27
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

Steve-76 Posted at 2016-11-27 23:28
well i actully had no issue with 168 but after reading all of the things with short range and I stil ...

168.....178?
2016-11-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mae,

You have 1.7.9 installed on your remote controller and Steve is suggesting that you might want to consider a roll back of your system to 1.6.8.  This is quite often done when an update does not work well.  It really is an action of last resort though.  Check on the questions I noted earlier and then decide what you want to do.  Your system came with 1.7.9, so it should work with it.  It is not an update.

We are here to help and DJI will be here tomorrow.  The DJI Team has actually been on all night but they have not caught your thread yet since there are so few of them and so many threads right now.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-28
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-27 23:41
Aloha mae,

DJI is a rough and tumble company with amazing products.  There is also a signifi ...

I understand being busy.............believe me, I understand being busy!  However, I respond to my client's by either reading their e-mails or listening to them and responding accurately.  It's as though DJI is responding to entirely different e-mails as they would have gotten all the details they requested if they actually read my e-mails.  I gave them all the details such as device I'm using, versions of app, IOS and drone, etc and after providing these details, they came back and asked for these details.  They even suggested I disconnect and reconnect the cable connecting my iPhone to my controller.  They were told it is a 3 Standard, hence no connecting cable, so its this type of thing that has sparked my frustration in dealing with them.
IMG_4290.PNG
2016-11-28
Use props
ed_drone
New

Netherlands

I had the same problem (with an Android device) and ended up removing all known Wifi networks from my phone, than connected the P3 / RC (which worked fine) and later re-established connections with my other Wifi networks. Somehow after that I've had no disconnected messages anymore.

Hope it will help ....
2016-11-28
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

ed_drone Posted at 2016-11-28 11:41
I had the same problem (with an Android device) and ended up removing all known Wifi networks from m ...

Do you have to remove all other wifi networks each time you fly, or it was a one time thing?
2016-11-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mae Posted at 2016-11-28 00:45
I understand being busy.............believe me, I understand being busy!  However, I respond to my ...

Aloha mae,

Yes, you are right.  The employee strategy in dealing with problem issues is ask for the basics.  However, sometimes, as in your case, the customer anticipates the basics and provides them first as you did.  When that happened to me, I started dealing with that problem directly.  I would swear that a computer, and a non-AI one at that, handles emails!  So, do not do emails at the beginning of reporting a problem.  You are just asking for a delay.   

The solution is to deal directly with a live person who can take notes on your problem.  The phone or the Chat options work best.  It cuts to the chase.  The employee will still ask for the basics but you can provide it to them without the delay of email.  I have even written out my issue, like you did at the top of this thread.  In a Chat, I cut and paste the summary into the Chat.  That shakes them up sometimes.  It also shows them that you know what you are doing and they respect that.  In an email, when they get to that level of understanding you as a customer, there has already been too much delay and sometimes animosity.  BTW, you really show your level of experience in this thread.  I just wish I dealt with WiFi issues more often (that is why I am getting involved with WiFi threads more now).

But, I can tell that Ed is giving you good advice.  He is telling you how to do what I suggested earlier (it is in the RC connection) but did not know how to deal with it in for P3S.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-28
Use props
fanse148cb30
lvl.2

Canada

mae Posted at 2016-11-28 17:35
Do you have to remove all other wifi networks each time you fly, or it was a one time thing?

Do NOT waste your time calling them! You will be on hold for long time, keep getting put on hold and possibly not helping.

I called for an issue and all i got was a $25 long distance charge...and zero help!

Be prepared for more emails asking/saying the same thing.....

The people here ARE your best help!
2016-11-28
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

fanse148cb30 Posted at 2016-11-28 19:52
Do NOT waste your time calling them! You will be on hold for long time, keep getting put on hold a ...

Yeah, I tried calling and gave up.  Might try to guilt the store into taking it back and getting another brand.
2016-11-28
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

Can the controller for the Advanced be used with the Standard?
2016-11-28
Use props
fanse148cb30
lvl.2

Canada

mae Posted at 2016-11-28 19:03
Can the controller for the Advanced be used with the Standard?

Thats a good question.......i dont know the answer.

Erase the app.

Try an old version of the go app......phantomhelp.com,click on p3s then on right side you will see the word software. Click it and it will drop the main screen to the software selection.

If you use the APK you NEED to scoll down to find the old version listings!

See if that gets you going
2016-11-28
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

I've been having e-mail exchanges with dji.  They have concluded that I need to return it to them for repair.  I've had it for 3 days!!!!!

Anyway, I've packed it up in an attempt to return it to the store, even though they say they don't take drones back.  I know they are sold out of the Standard so would need to spend more on either the Advanced or the 4k.  I'm not sure of the key differences between those ones.
2016-11-28
Use props
fanse148cb30
lvl.2

Canada

mae Posted at 2016-11-28 20:50
I've been having e-mail exchanges with dji.  They have concluded that I need to return it to them fo ...

They LOVE that answer......

Do not send it to the LA office! The border is a bit of a pain IF they feel like causing it.

If you send it in try to send it to their canadian dealer.

Try downloading the old app before you send it in....
2016-11-29
Use props
ed_drone
New

Netherlands

mae Posted at 2016-11-28 23:35

It was a one time action. After that no problems, but than again I had a severe number of Wifi Networks in my list (Local restaurants, other wifi spots ...). I haven't reached that total again.
2016-11-29
Use props
mae
lvl.1

Canada

Well, finally convinced the store to take it back and I ordered the Advanced.  We'll see how that works out for me.
2016-11-29
Use props
jdh
lvl.1

United States

How did the new one work out? I am having the same problem with the p3pro. I am going to reinstall the app for the Ipad and switch ipads and try both of those.  Does anyone know how the craft can lose its ability to fly home?
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules