Active Track Partial Success
592 0 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WayneHuntley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4823 ft
United States

I'm still working with Mavic trying to get the Active Tracking dialed in.  Actually, it is me that is trying to get dialed in to the Mavic.  I've had fairly good success with the Mavic following me on my mountain bike except when I make a tight switch back in the opposite direction towards the Mavic. I think I worked that out by allowing Mavic to back up.
Now I took the Mavic on a 10 minute hike up the hill behind my place in Helena Montana.  It did a great job following me up the hill and avoiding the few trees I have to avoid.  I don't move very fast and I'm a very large object so I don't see how Mavic could possibly lose sight of me :-)  Anyway,  I made it to the top of the climb and started my descent.  Mavic, turned and panned and followed my movement and I moved down the hill.  But, never actually followed me down the hill.  So, I just sent it to the home location from where I started the climb. Lucky for me I brought the controller with me. Otherwise, by the time I would have got to the bottom the Mavic would have been pretty low on battery. I have included a video of the last few minutes of the climb if anyone is interested.  You can see where it stopped following me and I sent it back home.  The video can be found on YouTube at:

Please let me know if you have any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong.  My first thought is that maybe Mavic has some sort of safety concern about following me down a steep hill?

Wayne
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules