Mavic RC eating up iPhone 6s battery?
883 4 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

took the mavic out today for its second flight.  Yesterdays Maiden flight was short.   (btw, tha footage is awesome, except for the gimbal tilt)

Mavic = 100% battery
RC = 100% battery
iphone 6s at 80%

flew 11 min (according to app log).   I think last i checked the mavic battery was at around 42%
But, the iphone 6s died.  Luckily, i had just landed right before phone died.

anyone else experiencing phone battery issues with the Mavic RC connected?  specifically with the iPhone 6s?

2016-11-27
Use props
ton848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120492 ft
Netherlands

Yes. Had the same. 6S as well. But I think my phones battery is dying and it was pretty cold.
2016-11-27
Use props
grozmo
lvl.2
Australia

Sounds like an iPhone issue TBH. (Most people I know with them seem to always be running low and looking for a charger. Seems common even without battery problems)
I have a Galaxy S5 and have no problems flying the Mavic for 3 full batteries, with plenty to spare (I don't have exact numbers).
2016-11-27
Use props
Fifth
lvl.1

United States

Just an FYI, Apple recently disclosed that there are issues with the iPhone 6s batteries and they have a program for checking if your device is suspect and what to do about it (battery replacement by apple I believe). Check it out, it may be of use to you for your particular problem.  Best of luck!
2016-11-27
Use props
mengteck71
lvl.3
Singapore

ton848 Posted at 2016-11-28 06:06
Yes. Had the same. 6S as well. But I think my phones battery is dying and it was pretty cold.

it is no the iPhone battery issue.  If you have upgraded to iOS 10.1.1, you will realized that this upgrade has caused battery drain.  It has been reported in many articles and forums

https://discussions.apple.com/th ... art=15&tstart=0
2016-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules