Hopefully this is not a major issue but my DJI GO app stops
1065 15 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully this is not a major issue but my DJI GO app stops when I press the camera button.  The app worked fine yesterday BEFORE I activated the "DJI Care" started (received Mavic yesterday too).  This is the first that I have used the DJI Care before my other DJI drones.  Either way, when I initiate the DJI GO app starts and I press the camara button the app fails.  Any idea?

Thanks,
Kurt
2016-11-27
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would try uninstalling the go app and then reinstall.
2016-11-27
Use props
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

I may do that again but that was my first  troubleshoot....at least the first attempt it didn't fix it.....and that was to uninstall the app and reboot the smartphone.
2016-11-27
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Have you anything running in the background on your phone? And have you got a solid internet connection when installing the app.
2016-11-27
Use props
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

One clue.......switching from my Pixel XL to my older Nexus 7 tablet worked....since my Pixel worked yesterday and it doesn't work now makes me think that the app uninstall and re download makes me think that the uninstall was not a true install....I did clear cache but still no luck.....I'm sure you know that smartphones connect to the min controller are best.....because tablets don't fit well with the Mavic.
2016-11-27
Use props
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

Ok....It can't be too tough ....I personally think that it's the original software and when uninstalled it didn't truly delete everything.....or possibly it could be sync issue...with the activation or DJI Care that I bought ....Again, any suggestions are welcome...Thanks in advance.

kurt
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Kurt, since Pixel XL is not in our device recommended list. It maybe incompatible with the DJI GO app.
Maybe you could try to reset your phone to factory, then reinstall the latest DJI Go app.
2016-11-28
Use props
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

It can't be tough because my new Google Pixel XL is not compatible per DJI online.  If I didn't have a iPhone 6 I would be asking for a refund....FYI...the IPhone 7 does not show it is compatible.

FYI

Kurt Baker
2016-11-28
Use props
Cwood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97638 ft
Canada

I have a Sony Z3 that did exactly this yesterday.  This phone is clean and only used for the Mavic. Nothing else running but tethered to my Samsung s7.  Put up the MP, fired one still photo and the app crashed.  As I was calmly verifying flight behavior so I could then restart the app.....  It re-started on its own without fuss, reconnected and I continued the flight and taking photos.  Didn't happen again.

2016-11-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

As others have said, sync your files, delete the go app then do a fresh reinstall and all your troubles will disappear
2016-11-28
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well now that they released the DJI GO 4 app, go get it.
2016-11-28
Use props
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

Good news!....DJI GO 4 works on my Mavic to Pixel XL.....at least for the most part.  I uninstalled the old and downloaded the DJI GO 4 and it worked....at least the first time.  The second time the software crashed but that could be human error.  Either way, when I rebooted my Pixel XL and executed DJI GO 4 it worked fine!.....So I at least have a work around if the DJI GO 4 dies....reboot the Pixel XL....at least one reboot worked and the DJI GO 4 worked fine!......DJI if it's not me (human error) then PLEASE clean up the DJI GO 4 so it won't bomb on startup.  LOL....I was kinda glad that I could use my Iphne 6 (maybe 5?) because I had to take off my Otterbox on my new Pixel XL.....Regrettably the new custom cases seem to be obsolete!....Because the Mavic won't work with the Mini controller with the Pixel XL.....I assume the newer pseudo occulens for Pixel with Otterbox wont work well with that as well...Oh well....back to cheapy cases!  Thanks DJI for DJI GO 4!!
2016-11-28
Use props
davcen
lvl.1
United States

indyguy Posted at 2016-11-28 16:18
Good news!....DJI GO 4 works on my Mavic to Pixel XL.....at least for the most part.  I uninstalled  ...

Same thing happens for me with Pixel XL and DJI GO 4. App launches fine the first time, then if I close and try and restart it dies on startup. You can also clear the cache to get it to successfully launch again. Really hope they clean it up, cause the original DJI Go app works, but crashed ~4 times on a 10min flight
2016-11-29
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

DJI GO on my Google Pixel crashed pretty often on my first flights Sunday. When I look at my logs, I think most flights either starts or end in mid-air :-/... Luckily the app easy and quickly reconnects when re-launched. I also got DJI Care Refresh if that matters.

I'll try to reboot my Pixel before next flights, to see if it helps. I don't plan to do a factory reset. Too much work setting up again. If I keep getting crashes with the Pixel, I still have my old Nexus 5X I can try instead...
2016-11-29
Use props
indyguy
lvl.1

United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-11-29 14:41
DJI GO on my Google Pixel crashed pretty often on my first flights Sunday. When I look at my logs, I ...

It sounds like my "fluke" was a legit fault.  I'm sure DGI will perfect it soon.  At least the Pixel's at least work with DJI GO 4...
2016-11-29
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-11-29 20:41
DJI GO on my Google Pixel crashed pretty often on my first flights Sunday. When I look at my logs, I ...

And I should probably try the new DJI GO app version 4 too. I thought I would automatically update too it, but just discovered it is a separate app...
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules