Panoramas with wide angle lens
1255 4 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

I've done panos in the past with my dsrl to make high resolution images. To do so I use a relatively normal to moderate telephoto lens and to result in a nice expansive wide-fov final image.

I have yet to try the pano mode in DJI GO, but I'm wondering generally how the images are captured.

My goal is to create a high resolution image with perhaps an even larger fov that the Mavic or P4 acheives with a single still, but not necessarily a massively wide 360 degree image.

Can this be done given the fairly wide angle of the native lenses on these drones? I thought perhaps it might possibly use a lot of overlap to allow extra resolution without drastically increasing the fov. Make sense? Does anyone have any experience with this?
2016-11-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes ... there are lots of pano photographers using Phantoms.
This guy gives a good explanation and some samples:  https://www.skypixel.com/tips/multi-image-panoramas
2016-11-27
Use props
fansce3b84f6
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2016-11-28 02:20
Yes ... there are lots of pano photographers using Phantoms.
This guy gives a good explanation and s ...

Thank you for the link.

Unfortunately those still result in VERY wide fov images. What I hoped for was a high megapixel image for large printing without necessarily increasing the fov much.

It was kind of a dumb question once I thought about it more. I'm sure I can increase pixel count marginally, but ultimately I won't get far shooting essentially shooting the same general scene.

At least the Mavic's narrower fov will help me a little in this regard.
2016-11-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansce3b84f6 Posted at 2016-11-29 10:48
Thank you for the link.

Unfortunately those still result in VERY wide fov images. What I hoped fo ...

The Mavic also allows you to shoot in portrait mode which would be great for panos
2016-11-28
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Professional and love taking panoramic photos. There are quite a few ways you can do it. I use DronePan for all of my 360 photos and some of my panos.

Here are a few:

This One: Enter Fullscreen, Zoom Out, Then Look Around:
https://www.facebook.com/droneso ... ?type=3&theater
2016-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules