Nothing wrong with the MAVIC
2797 33 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

why are all you guys haveing issues with the MAVIC.?  I never had any issues with any of my DJI products.  I believe all the ones  who are having issues may have never flown a drone or any RC aircraft.  I would sugegest newbees to use  the beginner mode before trying to fly out on your own.  I have crash nor had a fly aways with any of my drones, for the record I own an INSPIRE, PHANTOM 4, MAVIC and the YUNEEC TYPOON H PRO.  Dont hate, I am just giving advise to save you guys from loosing your drone.

Wish you all the best and fly safe.
2016-11-27
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

You're not giving advice at all. You're just doing what you always do, trying to convince everyone of your superiority, and insinuating all problems are caused by those of a lower intellect than you. You seem to think you're the only one who has ever owned another multirotor. Your posts add precisely no value to this forum.
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

With 6 DJI birds I've never had problems either until a recent experience with the Mavic.  There is a growing list of experienced pilots discovering issues with the Mavic & loss of GPS lock/dropping into ATTI mode.  Since you (allegedly) fly only VLOS that's not an issue for you.  For normal pilots who like to stretch their wings & utilize the full 7000m potential range of their bird it is a serious matter.  It is disrespectful to insinuate & assume pilots having this issue are inexperienced.  
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-11-28 09:36
You're not giving advice at all. You're just doing what you always do, trying to convince everyone o ...

Well stated.
2016-11-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-11-28 12:36
You're not giving advice at all. You're just doing what you always do, trying to convince everyone o ...

Yup. I agree with you.
There are plenty of issues with the Mavic and it looks that is just getting worst.

In order to meet the demand the QC has gone haywire.
2016-11-27
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Or maybe DJI has shipped more units and the number has gone up but not the percentage.  
2016-11-27
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-11-27 17:36

Thank you you for your input.
2016-11-27
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

I agree.. in that MY MP1 is rock solid, no issues. Flew it for the second time in 15-20 mph winds no issue.

Oh, and this was directly under power lines, mavic laughed.

And I'm mostly new, so despite my lack of experience it seems like a very reliable platform.

This issue with losing GPS and switching to ATTI mode is the achillles heel and warrants a better explanation (of root cause and solution) from DJI, so we know what we're dealing with before it happens. Is it a compass calibration issue? Hardware failure? How common, etc.

2016-11-27
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-27 17:39
With 6 DJI birds I've never had problems either until a recent experience with the Mavic.  There is  ...

I am sorry that you are having issues with your drone.  After reading this quote "For normal pilots who like to stretch their wings & utilize the full 7000m potential range"   WOW this really scars me" NORMAL PILOTS" .........and validates my point............thank you.   

Guys this is not a toy or a video game.......you are putting your drone in air space that many of you have no idea what your doing nor what to expect with the elements.

I suggest taking a UAV on line coarse before jeopardizing your drone and others if you never flown before.  

Dont hate ........................Just a bit of advise from a seasonal drone pilot.

Enjoy and be safe..........
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

MHM1170 Posted at 2016-11-28 10:08
I am sorry that you are having issues with your drone.  After reading this quote "For normal pilot ...

Thank you Mr. Superiority.  Granted I am just one of the wee-folk, however, I shall endeavor to fly safely, though I imagine my idea of safely differs from your own.  Have a great day!
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to partially agree with the OP, the Mavic is an incredible aircraft with absolute amazing technology and that technology needs to be fully understood before flight.
I agree, there are a few Mavics that have experiences something and that's what the manufacture warranty is for.
For those well experienced with multirotors understand that the technology available today is absolutely incredible and it takes time and dedication to fully understand the Mavic. That means reading the users manual and watching the tutorial videos and get a feeling for the bird even if you are experienced.
Then there are never flown a multirotor or a multirotor with this much technology who think the technology is normal and not a big deal and expect to open the box and charge the charge the battery and see how far they can fly.
Again, there are some legitimate problems a few users are experiencing, but also a lot of issues can be solved with knowledge of the aircraft and 100% knowing all of the features, functions, and especially the limitations.
I've see a few crashes where the user has blamed DJi for the crash because the obstacle avoidance didn't work. But they were flying at night and the Mavic hit a telephone pole. The limitations of the sensors are listed on page 25 and they admitted to not knowing that.
2016-11-27
Use props
Alex El Caballo
lvl.1

United States

MHM1170 Posted at 2016-11-28 10:09
I am sorry that you are having issues with your drone.  After reading this quote "For normal pilot ...

I'd rather take my advice from a seasoned pilot rather than a "seasonal" pilot.
Or at least one who is bold enough to use spellcheck....
2016-11-27
Use props
Tells
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

Then I guess you haven't read enough posts. If you dd you'd have read that both newbies and experienced users suffer the same problems.
2016-11-27
Use props
fans2263c90a
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 21:00
I have to partially agree with the OP, the Mavic is an incredible aircraft with absolute amazing tec ...

I thought you said you were waiting on yours in another post and didn't have one yet
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans2263c90a Posted at 2016-11-27 22:59
I thought you said you were waiting on yours in another post and didn't have one yet

That is correct.
2016-11-27
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 11:00
I have to partially agree with the OP, the Mavic is an incredible aircraft with absolute amazing tec ...

I agree with the sentiment in your post, Ken. Particularly with regard to understanding every facet of the Mavic as it is that point that will give you the best chance of getting your craft back should something go wrong during flight.

A suggestion for DJI then, is to provide a detailed trouble shooting guide indicating the behavior, trouble or fault being experienced, and a detailed explanation regarding the cause and solution for each. At the moment, many are finding out the hard way or resorting to forums which has the potential to make things appear worse than they actually are.

There is an amount of user error associated with some of the issues arising for sure and certain but I feel a significant portion of that user error could be resolved through more detailed information being provided. Even as an experienced pilot and having read the manual, there are still a few odd things that have occurred that have taken some thought, trial & error to firstly replicate then resolve.

2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-28 00:06
I agree with the sentiment in your post, Ken. Particularly with regard to understanding every facet ...

That's a great suggestion and I will pass it along.
2016-11-28
Use props
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-11-27 20:46
Or maybe DJI has shipped more units and the number has gone up but not the percentage.

That's not how percentages work!
2016-11-28
Use props
eddievedder101
lvl.1

United States

There is nothing wrong with YOUR mavic.   There is with mine and its NOT pilot error and it cannot be chalked up to inexperience.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-73222-1-1.html
2016-11-28
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

eddievedder101 Posted at 2016-11-28 10:31
There is nothing wrong with YOUR mavic.   There is with mine and its NOT pilot error and it cannot b ...

It's not just yours. Plenty of problematic units on here as well as other non-DJI moderated forums. Hopefully the latest batches being shipped have some of the most prominent early problems resolved.
2016-11-28
Use props
MAvicMinh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319055 ft
Vietnam

I have sworn to not ever buy another DJI product ever again, many times over. I have built and flown drones as heavy as 12 + kilos and crashed them and build them again(Ken,do you remember that time when DJI had to swap new GPS on the wookongs, and do you even remember the name"Hoverfly" at all?) I made many pilots and builder s mistakes but it was not my fault always. I kept coming back simply Dji do have better stuff each time, but they arant failproof. In the early days of the Wookong(0.53 fw i think) Dji engineer made silly mistakes such as rth would fly the drone back to the home point first, then raised the drone back to the preset altitude, then land.
I hope OP "s Mavic would crashed leaving him scratching his hair out not knowing why, then may be it would deflate his ego a bit. To call the ones with problems amateurs knowing absolutely nothing about them is just pure arrogance
2016-11-28
Use props
DebianDog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448632 ft
United States

There are real issues. I surprised the moderators allow "troll" posts like this here but I have been building and flying RC aircraft since 2005.  How about you?

20051005-My1stHeliVideoMount.jpg
2016-11-28
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

Alex El Caballo Posted at 2016-11-27 19:41
I'd rather take my advice from a seasoned pilot rather than a "seasonal" pilot.
Or at least one wh ...

LOL I will correct that .......my bad.
2016-11-28
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

DebianDog Posted at 2016-11-28 10:38
There are real issues. I surprised the moderators allow "troll" posts like this here but I have been ...

Thank you everyone for your input ........... I am sorry if I offended anyone,  this was not my intention.  I just wanted to state for the record that the MAVIC is an excellent piece of technology and should be taken seriously and not as a toy.  

I have been flying R/C aircraft since 1993, back in the days when you had to build your own aircraft from BALSA wood.  LOL  those were the days .  I have spent many hours in the garage building and covering with mono coat and a small iron.  

I wish you all the best...........
2016-11-28
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

MHM1170 Posted at 2016-11-28 15:47
Thank you everyone for your input ........... I am sorry if I offended anyone,  this was not my in ...

Actually this is what you stated.

"why are all you guys haveing issues with the MAVIC.?  I never had any issues with any of my DJI products.  I believe all the ones  who are having issues may have never flown a drone or any RC aircraft"

Which, to me, implies it's the fault of the pilot not the drone.
I'm not offended by your statements just wish people would stop putting the blame on the pilots and stroking DJI. Granted some are pilot error, some aren't. Don't use such a broad brush.
I've owned 3 DJI drones, current is a P4, they're fine but I don't get wood over them.
2016-11-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

CabinPete Posted at 2016-11-28 22:54
Actually this is what you stated.

"why are all you guys haveing issues with the MAVIC.?  I never  ...

Wouldn't worry about MHM11 when he appeared on the scene first , he said Mavic was his first drone, now he says he's been flying drones since 1993 , also ran a thread where he said he was flying a toy drone over the Ocean when a guy shot at his car ,
He's just a bit of a Walter Mitty character, he's away with the clouds..
2016-11-28
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

I can't tell if this thread is a humblebrag, a troll or a simple fanboy post. Whatever it is, it is completely useless and adds nothing.
2016-11-28
Use props
CabinPete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-28 17:33
Wouldn't worry about MHM11 when he appeared on the scene first , he said Mavic was his first drone ...

I remember that post, I think he said they smashed his car window or something like that.

I remember names but don't pay much attention to letter/ number names and forget about those beginning with fan.
2016-11-28
Use props
lucrousseau
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256654 ft
Canada

I have mine for 2 weeks, it is not perfect, I am disappointed with the quality of the 1080p 60 / 96fps, but the 4K is incredible and considering the small size is an acceptable compromise.

I am satisfied with my purchase.
2016-11-28
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-11-28 14:33
Wouldn't worry about MHM11 when he appeared on the scene first , he said Mavic was his first drone ...

Hallmark I said it once and I will say it again "YOUR A FUNNY GUY"  I wish you well and that your get you MAVIC soon,  you will love it.

I have an other one (Mavic) coming from BEST BUY which I will be selling on E-BAY perhaps you may be interested?....let me know and I will give you a good deal..........  Take Care and don't be an UP DOG.
2016-11-28
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

CabinPete Posted at 2016-11-28 16:19
I remember that post, I think he said they smashed his car window or something like that.

I remem ...

Yes that was me I was flying my P4 and some guy started yelling out "im going to shoot that drone out of the sky"  I yelled back i cant talk now I am busy and why would you shoot it I am over the ocean.  Then I heard a loud smash that was my rear window of my car.  i just wanted to say beware of your surrounding and try not to fly alone.  This happened in Santa Cruz California when I was vacationing this summer.  

Guys don't hate ...................hang in there I am sure your mavic will be at your door step before you know it.  This is the best DRONE ever thank you DJI for giving us the best drone in the world.  

DJI THANK YOU

2016-11-28
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

MHM1170 Posted at 2016-11-29 01:26
Yes that was me I was flying my P4 and some guy started yelling out "im going to shoot that drone  ...

I'm sorry for your mental illness.
2016-11-28
Use props
MHM1170
lvl.2

United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-11-28 17:35
I'm sorry for your mental illness.

Thank you for your thoughts Watty2000.  I wish you well brother merry xmas.  I hope Santa brings you a MAVIC.......God bless the USA and the United Kingdom.  
Thank God for TRUMP..........

2016-11-28
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft
United States

Wow. I wish I could have the 5 minutes of my life that I used to read this waste of a thread. Trolls be trolling. And good spelling, grammar, and format are not requirements to be one.
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules