Firmware v1.4.0.60 for Osmo Mobile is Available Now!
12Next >
8537 45 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Osmo Mobile Release Notes
Date : 2017.01.19
Firmware : v1.4.0.60
DJI GO App iOS : v3.1.2
DJI GO App Android : v3.1.2

What’s New?

• Added supported for the Zenmuse M1 gimbal used with the Osmo handle.
  • Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth signal disappears after connection timeout.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the system status LED goes red after successful update

Notes:

• Mount the Zenmuse M1 gimgal to an Osmo handle before updating firmware. Firmware update is required before use.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo Mobile and DJI GO, and retry.
  • The Osmo handle still can be used with the Zenmuse X3/X5/X5R/Z3 cameras after updating to this firmware version.

Osmo Mobile Release Notes
Date : 2016.11.28
Firmware : v1.3.0.50
DJI GO App iOS : v3.1.0
DJI GO App Android : v3.1.0

What’s New?

• Added Bluetooth HID feature. The shutter button and the record button on the handle can be used to control photo or video capture in other applications when the Osmo Mobile is connected to a smart phone.
  • Added joystick control for the gimbal when rotating the handle.
  • Fixed an issue of gimbal shaking when holding the trigger and rotating the handle.

Notes:
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo Mobile and DJI GO, and retry.
  • If the shutter button and the record button on the handle fails to control mobile phone shooting, disconnect the Bluetooth connection between the Osmo Mobile and the mobile phone and then retry.
  • After upgrading this firmware, you will need to disconnect the DJI GO app and the Bluetooth connection both if you want to disconnect the Osmo Mobile and your mobile phone.

2016-11-28
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Has anyone installed? Is it worth some BUG?
2016-11-28
Use props
MarekO
lvl.2
United States

Breaks compatibility with Filmic PRO, shutter and record buttons work with stock camera app but not third party apps.
2016-11-28
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621798 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will this firmware work with the older DJI Go app for Android that supports Active track?
2016-11-29
Use props
fansca6c8eb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65010 ft
United Kingdom

Tried the new firmware and both shutter and video record button will only take photo using native app, not able to control the video record using gimbal button. Really feel like I made the wrong decision buying the Osmo Mobile now and really let down by DJI as it doesn't seem like they will ever fix the problems with the app.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans8e67c002
lvl.2

Mexico

Finally, you can use the still image recording and shooting buttons with the native iPhone application.

Por fin en sí Pueden USAR Los Botones De Grabación y Disparo de imagen fija con la Aplicación nativa del iPhone 6S PLUS

2016-11-29
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ricardo Ghion Posted at 2016-11-28 08:25
Has anyone installed? Is it worth some BUG?

I installed it.  
On android, both the shutter button and the record button took pictures with teh default camera app.  Holding the shutter button on the Osmo Mobile did a burst mode for me.  Neither button would start or stop video recording with the rear camera.  I'm still checking it out to see if it will do anything different.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

cderrington Posted at 2016-11-30 10:25
I installed it.  
On android, both the shutter button and the record button took pictures with teh ...

It does. You can use snapchat with the button on Osmo Mobile now.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

cderrington Posted at 2016-11-30 10:25
I installed it.  
On android, both the shutter button and the record button took pictures with teh ...

what phone are you using?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MarekO Posted at 2016-11-29 13:19
Breaks compatibility with Filmic PRO, shutter and record buttons work with stock camera app but not  ...

I'm sure Filmic Pro will update their app soon to support this feature
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansca6c8eb3 Posted at 2016-11-30 05:29
Tried the new firmware and both shutter and video record button will only take photo using native ap ...

What phone are you using? If you're using iPhone, you need to choose video recording option in the native camera app, then you can start/stop recording with Osmo Handle buttons.  Not convenient, but does work.
2016-11-30
Use props
Krause31
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598990 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
i am using the S7 Edge with the newest Dji Go App and the new firmware on the osmo mobile. Both buttons (video and photo) on the osmo only will zoom in the native camera app...nothing else!

Greetings

Markus
2016-11-30
Use props
fansca6c8eb3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65010 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-30 09:11
What phone are you using? If you're using iPhone, you need to choose video recording option in the ...

I'm using an LG G4 and have the same problem, neither button will start stop video recording even if I start video recording on screen.
2016-11-30
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-30 03:05
what phone are you using?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
Model SM-G928V  Running Android 6.0.1
2016-11-30
Use props
AndreVD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436709 ft
Australia

Does the tracking now work on Android (S7) with the new firmware ?
2016-11-30
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AndreVD Posted at 2016-11-30 16:14
Does the tracking now work on Android (S7) with the new firmware ?

Nope.  Still not working for me.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansca6c8eb3 Posted at 2016-11-30 21:31
I'm using an LG G4 and have the same problem, neither button will start stop video recording even i ...

The button on Osmo Mobile now actually controls the volume buttons on your phone.

In some apps or some phones, the volume buttons and control camera taking photos, but not videos, like my Android phones.  In other cases, it controls both photos and videos, like iPhone or Snapchat app.
2016-11-30
Use props
Christian 974
New

Réunion

I just bought the osmo mobile, I charged completely at the start.
I made the update to 1.3.0.50.
But when I charge again the led to the right stays red even after more than 4 hours.
The software versions are correct: 1.3.0.50 and 3.1.0.
can you help me?

2016-11-30
Use props
KirminuX
lvl.1
Lithuania

Tried it on Samsung Note 4.

You have to pair your phone with the Osmo Mobile on your phones BlueTooth settings. Also you have to remove old pairing and pair again. When OsmoM is shown as connected, then you can start native phones camera application and in application settings set function for volume buttons.
But both Record and Shutter buttons get the same function - taking photo or taking video. It is not possible to make them act differently for Shutter to take photo and Record to take video.
2016-12-1
Use props
honorareus
lvl.2

Turkey

Hey there guys,

I mailed the Filmic Pro and they said they are aware of this firmware. But there is a workaround:

First go into the Bluetooth menu in and forget the device and go back to Filmic Pro. Then you can choose Osmo Mobile again. It works like a charm. Until they update the app, we can use this solution.
2016-12-1
Use props
fans13d2b692
New

Germany

since this update/upgrade i cant charge my osmo mobile

stuck a 7%  ---__---

whats going on at DJI`?!
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans13d2b692 Posted at 2016-12-1 22:04
since this update/upgrade i cant charge my osmo mobile

stuck a 7%  ---__---

it shouldn't. Download the DJI Assistant 2 software online and connect your Osmo Mobile to your computer, then you can upgrade/downgrade through the computer .

Try this.  If it still doesn't work, contact DJI online chat on www.dji.com/support and send it in. Thank you.
2016-12-1
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Thor

I have issues with the tracking and have been onto the DJI Support team about his issue. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge + does not track anymore. Here is my correspondence with DJI. I feel asking me to use another mobile device is a laugh as I cannot just go out and purchase another device to use on this mobile gimbal. Seems DJI does not want to support Samsung as I also have problems linking my Galaxy S2 Tab to the phantom 4.
Is there any solution to this issue as it's a great piece of kit and mind you not cheap so I would like this resolved. Can you assist?

Subject: Osmo mobile does not track
Message: Please can you sort out the Osmo mobile app to track. Numerous complaints about Osmo mobile not tracking anymore. You can draw a box around the subject but it wont pick up subject to track. Please find a solution as this did work in previous app versions and is a feature I use a lot and that's what prompted me to buy the Osmo mobile in the first place. Please can you help. Darren

Dear Darren,
Sorry to hear about the issue with the active track . To further assist you we just need some information.
1. May we know what device are you using ?
2.Have you already update the Osmo to the latest version?
3.May we know if the issue started before or just recently?

Your response will be much appreciated.
Regards,
Phil
DJI Technical Support

Hi I am using a Samsung S6Edge + with the Osmo Mobile. I have just installed the latest update 20 minutes ago but not resolved. The issue may have started a few weeks ago as it was working perfectly before then. Regards Darren.

Julius Guevarra (DJI)
12月2日 HKT02:57
Hello Darren,

Thank you for your email.

For this, please try to do the following:
•        once the device and the unit pairs, enter camera view
•        turn off the osmo then turn it back on
•        once the osmo turns on, exit the app then re-launch it  (TRIED THIS AND STILL NO JOY)

From there, please try to use the active track. If this fails, please try to use another mobile device.  (I WANT TO USE MY OWN MOBILE WITH THIS THATS WHY I BOUGHT THE OSMO MOBILE. I CANNOT AFFORD TO GO SPEND MORE MONEY ON ANOTHER MOBILE DEVICE)
Let us know if you need any further help.
Have a good day.
Regards,
Julius
DJI NL TECHNICAL SUPPORT

2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

DT1266 Posted at 2016-12-2 13:20
Hi DJI Thor

I have issues with the tracking and have been onto the DJI Support team about his issue ...

This issue only shows up with recent DJI Go apps, we're aware of it and will fix it with a DJI Go update. We're also aware of the responses from the online chat or email support and will train our people better. Sorry about your experience.

Please try version 3.0.0, it should work fine.  https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot
2016-12-2
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2471076 ft
United States

I'm about done with the DJI firmware update process. I continually have problems with the Phantom 4 and Osmo Mobile firmware upgrades.

I'm now in a situation where my Osmo Mobile appears to be bricked.

I tried downloading the firmware from DJI Go 3.1 on my iPhone 7+. Whenever I applied the update it would fail. When I tried on DJI Assistant on my Mac, it also failed.

Now the Osmo Mobile just flashes red and green when turned on. I'm a technically savvy user. I have no idea how regular people do these firmware updates with all the failures and problems. It seems like it happens nearly every single time.

Anyone else encounter this?
2016-12-2
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-2 09:46
This issue only shows up with recent DJI Go apps, we're aware of it and will fix it with a DJI Go u ...

Thank you for your help. You are a star. It's working. Pitty not all are as helpful as you. Thank you once again.
Darren
2016-12-2
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any body else having problems on S6 Edge + try this. Go to https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot and scroll down to older versions. If required press on show more and download DJI GO 3.0.0 for Android 4.1+ APK Download onto PC. Once downloaded onto pc open sidesync on phone and pc. Drag downloaded app from where it is placed onto the pc and drop into sidesync on the phone screen that shows up on the pc screen. This will be transferred onto the phone. Once downloaded it may ask you to go into settings to allow install from unknown source. Check that the slider is set for installing apps from unknown sources is activated. once done it will install and should be hey presto. Active track is back.
2016-12-2
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

Once again we get a poor FW without real beta testing! Updated this evening and now my Osmo Mobile is useless.
2016-12-2
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Tried to update via DJI Assistant 2 once more. Only FW version showed up was v1.3.0.50. But still the stabilization stop to work after a couple of seconds. Stabilization stops working regardless if you have app running or not.
Also not able to run the calibration it stop on 0%.

How can I roll back to the previous FW?
2016-12-2
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-2 10:46
This issue only shows up with recent DJI Go apps, we're aware of it and will fix it with a DJI Go u ...

Dear DJI-Thor

Stabilization on the Osmo Mobile stops working after a couple of seconds regardless of you have a app running or not. Calibration also stop at 0% if you try to recalibrate. I have used my Osmo Mobile a lot and the stabilization have been working flawless in the past but now with the latest FW the Osmo Mobile is useless.

Please fix and how can I roll back while we wait on a fixed new FW?
2016-12-2
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This situation with lousy firmware upgrades is utterly ridiculous and despite loving my Osmo mobile, this is the last DJI product I'll ever purchase.

Just upgraded to the latest FW on my Samsung S7 Edge and now the tracking feature has stopped working.

Does DJI employ programmers and developers who haven't a clue what they're doing or what's going on? Each successive FW is meant to improve a device whereas DJI's firmware upgrades disable them and make them worse!
2016-12-2
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

So my Osmo is working again, however, the light now glows red all the time, which seems to indicate a failed firmware and I can't update it. BTW, I tried running the update on my iPhone 7+, my Mac, and my Windows PC. They all failed.

I'm trying to hard reset and can't seem to figure out a way to do that.

Not sure what to do at this point.
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

gamette Posted at 2016-12-2 23:40
I'm about done with the DJI firmware update process. I continually have problems with the Phantom 4  ...

Hi, please go to dji.com and download an application called DJI Assistant 2 and install on your computer, then plug your Osmo Mobile into your computer and try to upgrade through the application.  
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

PerlanSwed Posted at 2016-12-3 04:41
Tried to update via DJI Assistant 2 once more. Only FW version showed up was v1.3.0.50. But still th ...

I believe you can also downgrade your firmware through DJI Assistant 2, try it. If it still doesn't work, you need to send it in, sorry.
2016-12-2
Use props
gamette
lvl.4
United States

@DJI-Thor I tried with Assistant 2 on Mac and PC with no luck. How does one downgrade to an older version of the firmware with DJI Assistant 2?
2016-12-2
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-3 03:54
I believe you can also downgrade your firmware through DJI Assistant 2, try it. If it still doesn' ...

Dear DJI-Thor
How do I get the alternative with past FW in DJI Assistant 2 only the latest FW show up?
2016-12-3
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United States

Why on earth does DJI think that advising customers to rollback to an OLDER firmware is a solution to fixing problems! It's not!

I'm a big supporter of the Osmo Mobile as it's a great device but DJI must have money to burn because if they don't get their act together regarding their substandard software then they'll be left with a lot of unsold units. Had I been a late adopter of this device instead of buying one on release, and I'd read all these issues, then I'd have saved my money.
2016-12-3
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

After done some more testing on FW v1.3.0.50 it seem to be a failure with the sensor that check that you have the mobile mounted in the handle. I can reproduce that after 2:10-3:50 minutes the stabilisation stops working mobile device sensor is enabled. If I disable the mobile device sensor under gimbal options in the DJI Go app the handle continues to work.
2016-12-3
Use props
fansbed3c50e
lvl.1

Singapore

My face tracking on the note5 on the latest FW are now not working as well. What a disappointment. The remote also does not work on the phone native phone app.
2016-12-5
Use props
DT1266
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Thor
Any news yet on sorting the problem out for Samsung S6 Edge+ tracking feature. I did downgrade and it worked but app automatically updates and loses it again. Any ideas on how I can prevent update happening to keep tracking?
Thanks
Darren
2016-12-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules