Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Using C keys to set flight characteristics
589 0 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rigging65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 351099 ft
United States

I've been lurking on here for some time as I wait for my Mavic to ship, just trying to soak up info and pre-load whatever info I can. I've owned a couple of toy drones and have put in time on them. By no means am I experienced, but I feel that I have an adequate background to move onto something bigger. I was considering the P4 but was turned off by the size. I flew a friends P4 a few times and a bigger bird is definitely more fun to fly outside than the toys! I just don't want to transport it. I come from a RC helicopter background. Again, by no means an expert (I crashed 250s ALOT), but I have an appreciation for gain limits, expo and the like. I've watched and read some posts on limiting control input via the stick settings and it all makes good sense...

My primary question is: Since different stick settings are obviously useful depending on what kind of flying you're doing, is it possible to use one of the C keys as a toggle to move between preset stick limit configurations? That is, could I have a cinematic set up and toggle to "normal flight" stick setting s using a C button?

As I understand it, theoretically, that's what's going on between P and S modes (to a degree) anyway. I understand there are other limiting factors at play there (sensors, GPS, etc), but I'd assume stick limits are also built into that?

As a follow up question: If I make stick limit setting changes in the app (for grins, let say setting yaw expo to .2), will that setting translate between P and S modes? Or, as a sportier flight mode, will the yaw expo change to, say, .4 if I switch up to Sport from P?

Hopefully this is clear, I can't find hardly any info on using the C keys, so this is all speculation....and I don't yet have a Mavic put theory to the test...

Thanks!

2016-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules