Tracking
938 8 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89603 ft
United States

Has anyone attached a small tracking device to their Phantom?  If so pls let me know where to buy & price.  I was just thinking of a crash where the battery is ejected -- no power, but still very much want to find my P4
2016-11-28
Use props
Dutch799
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
United States

Trackimo, works great!
2016-11-28
Use props
js349
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3671 ft
United States

This https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trackimo ... ash=item41a848fc48.
2016-11-28
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Keep in mind your DJI GO app shows it's course plot.  The drone may (and probably will) flip over upon crashing, so depending on where you put that, it may or may not even help find a battery-less Phantom.  Covering up the GPS transponders (antennas) with this device seems counter-productive.  This device plus whatever you use to stick it on weighs about 40 grams and EVERY gram is accounted for on these highly-engineered Phantoms.  And then the price.  You can fully insure your drone for 2 years with no deductible for the same price.  You still get to keep your 720p & JPEGs from your device if not found.
2016-11-28
Use props
fans8cf0d029
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-11-28 16:42
Keep in mind your DJI GO app shows it's course plot.  The drone may (and probably will) flip over up ...

I have a system called "Tile" that seems to work OK.  I have not fitted one to my drone but it should work OK.  
WA5TEF
2016-11-28
Use props
Katohann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234915 ft
United States

I have a tracking device on my drone at all times I use it and I have a phantom 4. they came in handy right away one time I was flying with my goggles and I got disoriented as I just started flying with goggles, and I didn't know where I was so I hit the RTH button, as I was panicking because my battery was getting low, I just landed it right there in the desert not knowing where I was I waited for my GPS to send me a signal and there it was I have lost three drones two of them were flyaways I will never have that happen again and lose my drone it is worth the extra hundred dollars or so buy one !!
2016-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans8cf0d029 Posted at 2016-11-29 09:51
I have a system called "Tile" that seems to work OK.  I have not fitted one to my drone but it should work OK.  
WA5TEF

Before you go to that trouble, take your Tile out into the countryside somewhere and see how it doesn't work. The thing is based on Bluetooth, meaning you can spit further than the range of that thing.
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-24 06:46
Before you go to that trouble, take your Tile out into the countryside somewhere and see how it doesn't work. The thing is based on Bluetooth, meaning you can spit further than the range of that thing.

I'd agree, 'Tile' is really only meant to help find lost keys and things that should be relatively close by.
2016-12-23
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use this one. Love it, works great.

2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now