"Invalid Battery" error? Here's how to fix it
37309 12 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenjic
lvl.1

United States

A couple days ago i was getting an "Invalid Battery" problem. I read a lot of other people are getting this too. I've updated all of my software so I'm running

• DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.8v
  • DJI Windows Driver Installed
  • DJI RC Systems
  • Latest iOS app installed

Both of my batteries which are pretty new (and from DJI) are giving me this error. There's no way it could be both batteries the very next day, what are the chances? So I figured it was software issues.

After spending hours on the phone with customer service, they suggested I needed to send the drone in for repairs. But I didn't want to give up just yet, I wanted to try one more time though. So here's the simple solution that worked for me:

I got a QTip and dipped it in some alcohol, cleaned the connectors on the battery and cleaned the connectors on the drone. Done, fixed.

2015-2-9
Use props
rod
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi Ken, that's a good tip (sorry about that!). It's incredible to me that it takes so little resistance to interfere with the electronics.  I've not had the problem but when I do , your suggestion is going to be the first port of call.  (and if you had sent your bird in, they surely would have said that no faults could be diagnosed and sent you a nice little invoice!)

Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-9
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

DeoXit cleaner spray works well on battery contacts too. I clean mine about every 10 flights.
2015-2-9
Use props
jeffmcrae52.ema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-2-10 12:06
DeoXit cleaner spray works well on battery contacts too. I clean mine about every 10 flights.

I found if you use DEOXIT GOLD on the contacts and pins, plus clean them every dozen or so flights works a treat.
2015-2-9
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

Someone please help.. I have the DJI Phantom 3 standard. I bought 2 extra batteries upon purchase of the drone (so I have 3 now). 2 days ago all three batteries worked fine, and I flew the drone on all 3. The next day I updated my firmware and now 2/3 batteries are registering as invalid batteries. I get The "Battery Signal Error" message on my phone. I have checked many times to see if the battery is pushed in all the way, as mentioned in previous posts... I cleaned the batteries, drained all the power from them and recharged them. Nothing has worked. Again, the batteries were all fine the day before, until I updated the firmware. Tell me it's a joke that updates will make some batteries obsolete! I had to return the DJI Phantom 2 because one of the motors was defective! I'm starting to think DJI is NOT the way to go for drones! Can anyone help me with the Battery issue please?
2016-6-1
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

VASciullo Posted at 2016-6-1 05:50
Someone please help.. I have the DJI Phantom 3 standard. I bought 2 extra batteries upon purchase of ...

Was there an update for the battery's firmware in your process?
Run your update with the supposed defective battery's and try again. And check the P3 forum specifically using search
2016-6-1
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

yes, u do have to run the drone firmware update process with EACH of you batteries in the drone - the batteries do need their firmware updated as well....
It should take less time than updating the whole drone, but it still needs to be done to every battery you own.
2016-6-1
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-6-1 13:07
yes, u do have to run the drone firmware update process with EACH of you batteries in the drone - th ...

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. When I try to update the other batteries, its says firmware is updated. Is there a way around that?
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-6-1 10:00
Was there an update for the battery's firmware in your process?
Run your update with the supposed d ...

Thank you for your feedback! I will try that, although each battery says the firmware is updated. I will try it again though. I appreciate it.
2016-6-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

What says it's updated?
Mind you I am on p3advanced and I do the update by putting the .bin file on my sd card and powering on the drone with that card in the camera port... Maybe you are using a diff., process... U r on P2 if I recall, right? That may require an idea from someone who knows thiat model.
GT
2016-6-3
Use props
Chantelle Marie
New

United Kingdom

Hey guys, I have a phantom 3 standard when I launch the app, a signal comes up saying that the battery is invalid. Please help!
2022-1-20
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Chantelle Marie Posted at 1-20 11:10
Hey guys, I have a phantom 3 standard when I launch the app, a signal comes up saying that the battery is invalid. Please help!

2022-1-20
Use props
Chantelle Marie
New

United Kingdom

Hey guys I have a spare battery for a phantom 3 standard!
It was given to us during purchase (second hand) because the guy couldn’t do anything with it.
We’ve tried everything it’s not budging off one bar while charging can someone help?
2022-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules