Osmo mobile bluetooth pairing not working
12Next >
71999 43 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
srinivsn
New

United States

I just unboxed a new Osmo Mobile. I charged it, and then attached my iPhone 7, and installed the DJI app. I registered, and then it tried to do a firmware upgrade - the firmware upgrade failed. After that, the app is not able to connect with the Osmo mobile. The bluetooth search keeps saying Osmo mobile device not found. The rest of the device works fine - I can control the device, but it's not connected to my phone.

Is there anyway for me to fix this (e.g., forcing a bluetooth pairing from the Osmo mobile)? When I look for bluetooth devices on my iPhone, the Osmo mobile does not show up. Thankn you.
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Srinivsn, please try to upgrade it again with the Assistant 2, you could download it here: http://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile/info#downloads
Then connect your osmo mobile to the PC with the power cable, run Assistant 2 to upgrade it.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

In addition to Natalia's advice, please make sure that you are looking for the bluetooth signal via the Go app and not your phone's normal bluetooth list. The OSMO signal does not always show up on your device's bluetooth list.
2016-11-29
Use props
srinivsn
New

United States

That worked  - thank you for the prompt response!
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

srinivsn Posted at 2016-12-1 03:53
That worked  - thank you for the prompt response!

Glad to hear it's working now, enjoy!
2016-11-30
Use props
tommy mac vegas
New
United States

So I dropped my osmo mobile the other day. everything works fine, except it won't link to my phone. as if the Bluetooth is damaged. The iphone 7 wont pick it up. Advice?
2017-2-8
Use props
fans98faa5a2
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
I have purchased DJI mobile two months ago. I managed to connect to my IPhone 5s.
But,
I have purchased a new IPhone 7, installed the DJI app.
I placed the new phone to DJI.
Turned on Bluetooth
Turned on the DJI.
Launched DJI app. Please see picture below.
It did not pick up DJI Osmo Mobile.
I have navigated to “DJI Osmo Mobile”
Clicked on Connect Your Device. App displayed following screen.
App gives error message “cannot find osmo mobile. ensure the osmo mobile is available”
I also took following actions.
Signed in to DJI app
Turn off/on Bluetooth
Turn off/on Dji osmo
But I still get same error message.
Can you please advise what to do?
Thank you,
Eray

2017-2-24
Use props
fans98faa5a2
New

United Kingdom

I have updated the osmo mobile firmware too.
2017-2-24
Use props
DShark
New
Brazil

fans98faa5a2 Posted at 2017-2-24 11:16
I have updated the osmo mobile firmware too.

I have same problem ... I updated the firmware today! In my case I'm trying to connect a Moto X Play, the Osmo appears in his blutooth list, the blue light stays on the osmo ... but the message in my cellphone "OSMO Mobile not Found" remains!

I'm very frustrated because he does not really move ... even when I put the phone in him, nothing happens.

Support people do not help here ??? Is the way going to start complaining on facebook, instagram, twitter etc? What do you think?
2017-5-15
Use props
DShark
New
Brazil

To help anyone ...

This work to me, follow this steps:

0. Download de app (mobile or desktop) and uptade;
1. Update firmware of Osmo;
2. Turn off Osmo and restart mobile, turn on mobile;
3. Remove any Osmo blutooth list, and keep blutooth off;
4. Open app and select Osmo mobile, dont conect ...
5. Turn on Osmo, wait right green light stay fix;
6.  Turn on blutooth, DONT connect osmo now ...;
7. Go to app again and and conect do Osmo Mobile;
8. Go to blutooth list and select Osmo Mobile;
9. In app Osmo Mobile now appear in list ...
10. Follow next steps default configuration!

o/
2017-5-15
Use props
Balint
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Could you please let me know why i can't connect to my device. 2days ago worked fine today i cant find the device just searching....blue and green led lights the device moving well just not connected..
2017-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Balint Posted at 2017-7-21 09:49
Could you please let me know why i can't connect to my device. 2days ago worked fine today i cant find the device just searching....blue and green led lights the device moving well just not connected..

Please remove the osmo bluetooth list in Settings--Bluetooth.
Do not mount mobile phone shell.
Make sure the gimbal is balanced.
Turn the Bluetooth off of other mobile phones.
You can try other mobile device to see if they can detect the Osmo Mobile Bluetooth.
Please keep us posted if these steps work. Thanks.
2017-7-23
Use props
Balint
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-23 21:20
Please remove the osmo bluetooth list in Settings--Bluetooth.
Do not mount mobile phone shell.
Make sure the gimbal is balanced.

Dear Mindy,

The Osmo software has a bug! I spent 5 days to figure out whats going on with my Osmo Mobile.
First of all on Android device 7.1.2 NOT listed the OSMO as a BT device! so you CAN NOT delete from there!
Second and this is the main BUG / no not a feature! The OSMO MOBILE always prefer to connect to a crappy Iphone! In my household i have a iphone as well and once connected to the osmo ( 2 months ago). NOW THE ISSUE WAS the iphone BT was switched on and take over the connection from the device which was in the OSMO ( my Nexus 6p ). Could you please let your team know if the Iphone is in range but not started the application NOT TAKE over the BT connection because after that no any other device can found the osmo!
2017-7-26
Use props
Balint
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Balint Posted at 2017-7-26 10:00
Dear Mindy,

The Osmo software has a bug! I spent 5 days to figure out whats going on with my Osmo Mobile.

Mindy - that was the reason why i ordered a spear cable for the device! Now i did more test and you know what! If the software switched off on Android device they close the BT connection - and let the other device connect to the osmo ( BT ON not switched off! )  If you switch the Iphone BT on then the BT connection take over it and Osmo not listed for any other device  but the DJI Go sw not running on the iphone! If you need more bug reports just send your device for us and we will check it. ( Mavic pro and osmo mobile we have ) thx
2017-7-26
Use props
Strafe-UK
New
United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone,
I have just tried a new iPhone 7 with the Osmo mobile. The reason I bought it was the iPhone7+ I had used previously was too big to balance properly in the gimbal. When I tried it the first time I was dismayed to find it didn't connect. Like a lot of you, I tried various reboots and BT combinations to no avail. What finally worked was when I turned off all BT connections to DJI AND FilmPro app on both iPhones and then my new iPhone7 connected without a further problem. The Osmo was trying to pair with my other iPhone through the FilmPro app and hence wasn't detectable on my iPhone7. Try it!
2017-9-16
Use props
AshleySutton
New

United Kingdom

Guys,

I am having the same problem as the OP.

When I then go to the assistant program to update the firmware it keeps saying failed. Error is "0700 bluetooth device not connect"

Could someone please help....?
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AshleySutton Posted at 2017-9-28 10:21
Guys,

I am having the same problem as the OP.

Can you please show us the screenshot of error message?
2017-9-28
Use props
edwlancecs3
New
Singapore

Hi all. I had purchase my Osmo Mobile few weeks back. Had no connection issue with Iphone 7 and IOS10. But after upgraded IOS to 11, there seems to have Bluetooth connectivity between the software DJI Go and Osmo Mobile gimbal. In my phone Bluetooth settings, my Osmo Mobile is connected and the gimbal movement are as per normal. But just that the software cannot be link with Osmo Mobile..
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

edwlancecs3 Posted at 2017-9-29 15:49
Hi all. I had purchase my Osmo Mobile few weeks back. Had no connection issue with Iphone 7 and IOS10. But after upgraded IOS to 11, there seems to have Bluetooth connectivity between the software DJI Go and Osmo Mobile gimbal. In my phone Bluetooth settings, my Osmo Mobile is connected and the gimbal movement are as per normal. But just that the software cannot be link with Osmo Mobile..

Please search and connect Bluetooth in DJI Go instead Bluetooth Settings. Can you search the Bluetooth in APP? What does it like?
2017-9-29
Use props
Sacha FIN
lvl.1
Finland

Hi everyone,

I got my DJI Osmo Mobile today and it worked fine for the first couple of hours but then the bluetooth connection between my iPhone 6s and the DJI Osmo Mobile was totally lost.
After trying everything listed above I decided to reset my network setting on my iPhone: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Now everything seems to be working again.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sacha FIN Posted at 2017-10-25 08:00
Hi everyone,

I got my DJI Osmo Mobile today and it worked fine for the first couple of hours but then the bluetooth connection between my iPhone 6s and the DJI Osmo Mobile was totally lost.

Glad to hear you were able to sort it out. Please let us know if the issue reappears.
2017-10-25
Use props
Tim Tyson
New
Flight distance : 13409 ft
United States

I had this issue (bought a new iPhone X and the DJI Go App would not see the OSMO as a bluetooth connection option). After trying everything I could imagine, I found a solution that worked for me. I had to remove the bluetooth pairing with my old iPhone. Here is how I did it: With the OSMO turned on and connected to my old iPhone, I went to the old iPhone's Settings, Bluetooth, found the Osmo Mobile in the list, selected it, and then selected remove this connection. I then turned everything off. I attached my new iPhone X to my OSMO, and the phone then successfully saw and connected to the OSMO bluetooth.

For those who bought a new OSMO and are having issues, sorry. I don't know how to kill any previous bluetooth connections if your OSMO was a return the seller resold as new (or if it were used). Hope this helps someone otherwise frustrated.
2017-12-13
Use props
EnMoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209957 ft
Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-29 08:26
In addition to Natalia's advice, please make sure that you are looking for the bluetooth signal via the Go app and not your phone's normal bluetooth list. The OSMO signal does not always show up on your device's bluetooth list.

I have the Iphone X IOS 11.2.2, the osmo mobile is with version 1.6.0.80 and cant connect the bluetooth, is useless like this.
Keep sayin Please connect devive and the bluetooth appear as connected
2018-1-27
Use props
Captain Mavic
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Dear, I have the same issue. When I open dji go app and turn on the gimble, it shows osmo mobile in list and when I click connect it just keep connecting and when I refresh it disappear and give me error osmo mobile not found. I believe gimble Bluetooth just work for few seconds when gimble restart. Even I refresh list without connecting it shows "osmo mobile not found" please suggest.  
2018-2-12
Use props
Captain Mavic
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Captain Mavic Posted at 2018-2-12 21:32
Dear, I have the same issue. When I open dji go app and turn on the gimble, it shows osmo mobile in list and when I click connect it just keep connecting and when I refresh it disappear and give me error osmo mobile not found. I believe gimble Bluetooth just work for few seconds when gimble restart. Even I refresh list without connecting it shows "osmo mobile not found" please suggest.

2018-2-12
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

i have exactly the same problem.  there is a problem here with the osmo.
2018-2-13
Use props
Captain Mavic
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Tim Twerp Posted at 2018-2-13 14:03
i have exactly the same problem.  there is a problem here with the osmo.

I'm still waiting for reply from dji representative. Maybe it's not a big problem. I tried other mobiles too also with ios and android devices but no fix by now. Let me know if you find any solution.  
2018-2-13
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

Captain Mavic Posted at 2018-2-13 16:50
I'm still waiting for reply from dji representative. Maybe it's not a big problem. I tried other mobiles too also with ios and android devices but no fix by now. Let me know if you find any solution.

I worked with a rep for over an hour.  Since I can connect with an iphone ios, they tell me I have a problem with my S8.  Bull.  I used an S8 for two months, and it was replaced under warranty.  There is a problem with the Osmo bluetooth.  It is just as you show in your video.  There are multiple threads in the forum with the same and similar issues.  Many are when people connect a second device.  I reset network settings and renamed my bluetooth, all other devices work fine with my phone.  The osmo mobile seems to time out after a second or two.  I believe DJI needs to provide a means to RESET Osmo!  There is a problem here DJI!
2018-2-14
Use props
Captain Mavic
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Tim Twerp Posted at 2018-2-14 06:20
I worked with a rep for over an hour.  Since I can connect with an iphone ios, they tell me I have a problem with my S8.  Bull.  I used an S8 for two months, and it was replaced under warranty.  There is a problem with the Osmo bluetooth.  It is just as you show in your video.  There are multiple threads in the forum with the same and similar issues.  Many are when people connect a second device.  I reset network settings and renamed my bluetooth, all other devices work fine with my phone.  The osmo mobile seems to time out after a second or two.  I believe DJI needs to provide a means to RESET Osmo!  There is a problem here DJI!

I emailed them and they asked me to send it back for repair. So I guess they are fimilar with the problem and there might be no fix at home at the moment. I have to go on vacation and sadly its seems like I can't use it for my vlogging now.
SmartSelectImage_2018-02-15-00-04-20.jpg
2018-2-14
Use props
Tim Twerp
lvl.2
United States

Captain Mavic Posted at 2018-2-14 13:09
I emailed them and they asked me to send it back for repair. So I guess they are fimilar with the problem and there might be no fix at home at the moment. I have to go on vacation and sadly its seems like I can't use it for my vlogging now.

Ok, I just figured this out today.  My osmo Mobile was trying to connect to another phone, same model,,, in other words it was using the car keys from my old phone.
I connected another, older model samsung S5 to osmo, it worked, I then again tried my new S8 and it connected perfectly.  
I have spent about 4 hours trying to resolve this, and it was just confused on the BT connection.   

So I suggest using a similar os phone and trying to pair it to clear the BT keys.  Worked for me.  DJI needs a reset sequence or button on the assistance app.   
2018-2-14
Use props
Captain Mavic
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Tim Twerp Posted at 2018-2-14 14:20
Ok, I just figured this out today.  My osmo Mobile was trying to connect to another phone, same model,,, in other words it was using the car keys from my old phone.
I connected another, older model samsung S5 to osmo, it worked, I then again tried my new S8 and it connected perfectly.  
I have spent about 4 hours trying to resolve this, and it was just confused on the BT connection.   

Glade you found a solution. I also tried to connect to other devices. I'm using Samsung note 8 and later I installed dji go on note 5 also rest network settings but didn't worked also tried on my friends iPhone and no solution. And I make sure before connecting no other Bluetooth device is turned on. So maybe mine is faulty one.  
2018-2-14
Use props
Johnlongson
New
Flight distance : 585459 ft
New Zealand

I had the same issue with my Osmo Mobile. Fine with iPhone 6s Plus and 7 Plus. Struggled for ages getting it to pick up bluetooth on my iPhone X...

Turns out it was connecting to my old iPhone 7 plus which was always near by (My now work phone) so turn bluetooth off, or forget the device and now had no issues find the device.
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Captain Mavic Posted at 2018-2-14 22:08
Glade you found a solution. I also tried to connect to other devices. I'm using Samsung note 8 and later I installed dji go on note 5 also rest network settings but didn't worked also tried on my friends iPhone and no solution. And I make sure before connecting no other Bluetooth device is turned on. So maybe mine is faulty one.

Hi Captain Mavic, this issue usually occurs when other Bluetooth is trying to connect Osmo mobile, if you are sure no other Bluetooth is turning on, we strongly recommend to send in for further diagnosis. Our repair center will take care of it for you.
2018-2-27
Use props
Captain Mavic
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-27 03:45
Hi Captain Mavic, this issue usually occurs when other Bluetooth is trying to connect Osmo mobile, if you are sure no other Bluetooth is turning on, we strongly recommend to send in for further diagnosis. Our repair center will take care of it for you.

Thank you for reply, I'm sure there is no other device is trying to connect to it. I turned off all the Bluetooth of other devices but problem still the same. I'll send it back soon for repair. As my unit is Europeans and purchased from Europe and I'm in middle east so I have to wait till I come back to Europe. Thank you again for your time.
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Captain Mavic Posted at 2018-2-27 09:59
Thank you for reply, I'm sure there is no other device is trying to connect to it. I turned off all the Bluetooth of other devices but problem still the same. I'll send it back soon for repair. As my unit is Europeans and purchased from Europe and I'm in middle east so I have to wait till I come back to Europe. Thank you again for your time.

Thanks for coming back to us, we apologize again for the trouble caused, please send in at your most convenience, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-2-28
Use props
Leon Qiu
New
United States

DShark Posted at 2017-5-15 13:33
To help anyone ...

This work to me, follow this steps:

Thanks! It works!
2018-3-1
Use props
XtheMaestro
New
United States

I was hoping to be able to actually use the DJI Go app with my Mobile and Pixel XL. Sadly like so many others, the Bluetooth connectivity just isn't happening. Kinda hate that this is my first post in the forum but I'm hoping there's something that can be done.
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

XtheMaestro Posted at 2018-3-8 19:17
I was hoping to be able to actually use the DJI Go app with my Mobile and Pixel XL. Sadly like so many others, the Bluetooth connectivity just isn't happening. Kinda hate that this is my first post in the forum but I'm hoping there's something that can be done.

Sorry for the trouble caused, did you turn off other Bluetooth when you connect to Osmo Mobile? The Bluetooth cannot be searched in DJI Go or it disconnected a lot?
2018-3-9
Use props
Marce Santamaria
New

United States

I have the same problem . My osmos mobile 2 worked good just one time . Now is not connecting to the Bluetooth...I already tried everything I read on this forum .  I’ll have to send it back to the company for a revision. I’m sick and tired of this company, this is the second time I have to send my osmos ech time for a completely different reason !!
I wish I knew this before purchase.
2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_FLzFNhWQS9dL
New
United Kingdom

Turn off the internet (home or business). If you cannot turn the internet off that your phone is connected too, then walk far enough away from your router until you are disconnected. IMPORTANT; On your phone do NOT turn wifi or bluetooth off. 2) Turn off cell phone data. 3} Restart your phone. 4} Open the DJI Mimo App. Osmo Action should automatically connect to your phone. You're welcome and thanks for the video!
2019-5-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules