Is there any way to record sound?
828 6 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37789 ft
United States

During a flight is there any way to record sound through my device via dji go app to embed in the video that i am recording.  I have searched on google for an answer but have not found a easy way to do this.
2016-11-28
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No, since there's no microphone installed on the aircraft or camera. Therefore all videos are soundless by default. After all the sound is heavily distorted and wind-polluted, as heard on this video with some footage recorded with GoPro camera

Unless you're talking about the sound heard from pilot's perspective ... Any pocket phone will do, I guess. I'll not recommend multitasking your tablet ...
2016-11-28
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Think about it.... If the camera recorded sound, all you would hear is the swarm of bees. (Sound of the props)
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No there is not, the aircraft does not have a mic. If you live stream, you can get the sound from your phone/tablet.
2016-11-30
Use props
DroneDelegation
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37789 ft
United States

Maybe i was not clear, I said by my device as in while you are streaming without streaming
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DroneDelegation Posted at 2016-12-1 01:11
Maybe i was not clear, I said by my device as in while you are streaming without streaming

It would most likely require a 3rd party app to run in the background, but I would be weary with running too many things at once that could be compete with the Go app for processing power from the device.
2016-11-30
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

There are sound recorders that can continue in the background, for example Voice Recorder HD, while DJI Go running at the front. I'd heed DJI Jamie's advice though.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules