Gimbal or Mavic flight issues?
1021 7 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans43806f9d
lvl.1

Canada

Sigh ... waited 50 days.  I appear to have a faulty gimbal.  I've tried IMU calibration and gimbal calibration.  I've checked to see that the gimbal was seated properly as per the instruction found here:
Yes I made sure the gimbal guard was never on when the Mavic was started.

Please tell me there is something else I can try before having to wait another 50 days.  Pretty bummed right now.

2016-11-28
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Your gimbal doesn't seem to shake while on the ground... so suspect only while up in the air.
- Majority of gimbal issues can be seen while the Mavic is not flying and the gimbal is shaking.
2016-11-28
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Yes I made sure the gimbal guard was never on when the Mavic was started.
OK you removed the gimbal guard.

Did you also remove the gimbal lock?  http://forum.dji.com/thread-73923-1-1.html
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the frustration. Since you had tried all basic troubleshooting.
I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-11-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Looks like a faulty gimbal
2016-11-29
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

So this is after the crash you reported over HEREbecause you didn't attach the props properly to the front arms (but somehow blame DJI for that) !

However, you omitted to mention anything about a crash of your own doing over on this forum?
2016-11-29
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-11-29 11:11
So this is after the crash you reported over HEREbecause you didn't attach the props properly to the ...

Ha! Well spotted.
2016-11-29
Use props
willemhb
lvl.1

Canada

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-11-29 19:11
So this is after the crash you reported over HEREbecause you didn't attach the props properly to the ...

Yes when I posted this here I wasn't blaming DJI at this point.  The crash I had did effect the gimbal but I popped it back in and it appeared to be in working order.  It was under the L bracket and none of the bands had broken.  I was looking for possible other solutions as to how to fix the gimbal shake.

I then posted on MavicPilots because I had incorrectly assumed the crash was due to the pre-installed propellor flying off.  I later discovered it was in fact my fault the propellor came off and edited my response on MavicPilots to account for this.  
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules