New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
49908 360 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

fansa026d1a4 Posted at 2016-11-30 23:43
Yes; Intelligent Flight Modes not working, image transmission unusable. Was working fine before.

omg2.jpg
2016-11-30
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-11-30 10:48
Did it yesterday on my P3A. Everything is now up to date on controller and IPad mini. Did an IMU c ...

I have a 3PA as well, but thinking of waiting a bit to upgrade. I am like you in trying to stay with the latest firmware and haven't had any issues until the last one. Nothing serious, just seemed to have some transmission issues I never experienced before, so I went back to V1.8 and it cleared it up. Looks like your flight went well. Cool video for sure. I like flying at those times too. The lights really pop out. I guess I don't really see your concern about the horizon, maybe I missed it but I thought it looked pretty good. Keep us updated as you test out the new release. Hopefully they did correct some issues.
2016-11-30
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2016-11-30 09:13
I have a 3PA as well, but thinking of waiting a bit to upgrade. I am like you in trying to stay wi ...

I believe the transmission of controls and video were fine. No lag and no dropouts. My test video went beyond LOS with no problem.
2016-11-30
Use props
BK117
lvl.1

Netherlands

Just updated my P3A.

after update lots of disconnects. no image. have to reboot transmitter all the time.
all was fine before the update.
2016-11-30
Use props
Swedrone!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181047 ft
Sweden

Just updated my P3A without any problems so far.
If i have the time im gonna do a couple of test runs tomorrow.

I just hope this will take care of that annoying problem with the Samsung S7 rebooting problem..
Fingers crossed!
2016-11-30
Use props
KuChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 723156 ft
Poland

Send us feedback after all ;)
2016-11-30
Use props
JohnCom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292526 ft
United States

ya I downloaded it and now my Phantom3 is on it's way going west to be fixed.Don't download it.It will mess your ESC up and the mortors will not start.
2016-11-30
Use props
JohnCom
lvl.1
United States

JohnCom Posted at 2016-11-30 17:33
ya I downloaded it and now my Phantom3 is on it's way going west to be fixed.Don't download it.It wi ...

Pain in the butt now. Man I wish they would make sure everything works before they put it on to download it.
2016-11-30
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

JohnCom Posted at 2016-12-1 09:33
.Don't download it.It will mess your ESC up and the mortors will not start. ...

I'm not a fan of the way that DJI sometimes omits major changes in the release notes when releasing new firmware but that's a very wild call to suggest that upgrading will affect everyone, especially when you appear to be the only one who has mentioned that problem in this thread. I haven't yet taken mine for a flight after the upgrade but my motors started just fine after the update.   Edit. I've now taken a very short flight and all appears to be OK. A longer flight will be needed to fully test all features.
2016-11-30
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Now i am getting headache.....feedback!{:4_157:}
sick-with-worry-iStock_000059413432_Small_600.jpg

2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RJay Posted at 2016-11-30 01:01
i have a successfull upgrade but havent fly it yet. I have checked the aircraft version in dji app . ...

Could you please check the update result file in the SD card?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JohnCom Posted at 2016-12-1 06:33
ya I downloaded it and now my Phantom3 is on it's way going west to be fixed.Don't download it.It wi ...

Update the firmware will not cause the motor stop working.
Did you crash the aircraft before?
What's the error message?
2016-11-30
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Any update for P3S any time soon? Last update totally screwed over our range (even though they say it's "not due to firmware"). The last P3S firmware update was in May if I can remember right....
2016-11-30
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

scottyduzitbest Posted at 2016-11-29 09:55
downgrade to anyversion you want, easy we do it all the time. open the shell remove the main board,  ...

Can't PM you, must be brokey,   Use YouTube,  Jpaydirt  I like the way you talk
2016-11-30
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

And another thread about bad Firmware updates. Folks you don't know how angry i am. Then to be told to go through a check list of wasting your time only to be told it has to be sent in to be evaluated which you do  send it in then after forever and a day you hear from them saying that you owe X amount of dollars and if you don't send the money you don't see your bird again. All from Firmware updates. Absolutely unacceptable.
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-1 14:09
And another thread about bad Firmware updates. Folks you don't know how angry i am. Then to be told  ...

If you send in your aircraft for repair, and you don't agree to the repair cost then they will send it back to you un-repaired.
2016-11-30
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 01:57
If you send in your aircraft for repair, and you don't agree to the repair cost then they will sen ...

Well thats the best thing i've heard so far Thanks for the reply.
2016-12-1
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

Hello, I've successfully updated to latest version, but I have one question...
The update is only for the drone, no update for the controller?
Thank you
2016-12-1
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Numero 5 Posted at 2016-12-1 18:59
Hello, I've successfully updated to latest version, but I have one question...
The update is only f ...

Yes only for drone, Controller is update for 1.8.0 and the Dji Go app 3.1.0
2016-12-1
Use props
Numero 5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385702 ft
Italy

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-1 19:51
Yes only for drone, Controller is update for 1.8.0 and the Dji Go app 3.1.0

Thank you very much!
2016-12-1
Use props
HEM
New
Germany

A couple of weeks ago my smartphone said that it had a new firmware for my Phantom 3 Standard so I downloaded it & it then appeared to update the drone without issue.

When I then tried to fly it the motors did not start & the smartphone displayed that the aircraft batteries were only at +5C & they needed to be +15C to operate.
I thought this might be a new safety feature (batteries have less power when cold) so waited a while hoping that the drone might warm itself up but nothing happened.

It was sunny weather & about +5C - I'm going to have to wait many months for it to be warmer than +15C here!
2016-12-1
Use props
DaveB87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 419902 ft
Ireland

HEM Posted at 2016-12-1 12:35
A couple of weeks ago my smartphone said that it had a new firmware for my Phantom 3 Standard so I d ...

DJI do battery warmers for the colder months, they only seem to be about 20quid or so..... might not hurt to invest in one just so you can capture the winter months in your area from the sky
2016-12-1
Use props
trimblekl
New

United States

KuChar Posted at 2016-11-29 06:05
Anyone upgraded firmware?

I just completed aircraft and remote upgrades.  Very simple only thing I did different than the "how to" video was I copied zip file to SD drive on my PC.  Put micro sd in aircraft and launched aircraft, aircraft took over from there and it took approx. 25 min.  After aircraft I did the remote it simple follow promps in the DJI app.
When I tried to do the upgrade in June it was a train wreck ended shipped aircraft and remote to DJI for repairs.  This was simple
2016-12-1
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

JohnCom Posted at 2016-12-1 06:33

JohnCom, I will be patient and not update the firmware for a while. I wonder how the Karma will fly? There is a old Chinese proverb, trust me!
2016-12-1
Use props
JohnCom
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-30 22:57
Update the firmware will not cause the motor stop working.
Did you crash the aircraft before?
Wha ...

The file started  going in like it should the update after putting the SD card in with the file.started the 4 beeps phantom 3 shut down started back lights went off and on like it was loading.When it got done after the 4 beeps it just stopped and i was waiting for the two beeps after being loaded. never got the two beeps it stayed red with one long beep.I turned it off put the card in my computer to look at the results. The card said it tried 4 times and failed for me to try again. I did did not work, I tried to put the old version ii it failed also.But I could turn it on everything came on like i was ready to fly, it said it up at the top. But then when i try to start it. a slider came across said i had a ESC problem and to call DJI for help. and all 4 motors would not start the slider just kept coming out with the ESC. Dji Tech said to turn it off and turn it back on in a hour and try one more time it was 40 mins i was on the phone with him he could not help me. I said no I was not turning it off.It was your update that did it and send me a postage so i can send it back to you.Now i have tried everything that they tell you to do when you update.He had a postage in my e-mail in 1 hour to send it out west to them.Well 40 mins on the phone with him and 1 hour before that trying to update it.But Mindy it was a ESC error message,And he said the update had something to do with it.The update must of stop right when it was putting the thing it needed for the ESC.And just locked everything up.So don't put it in less you are sure.Because you can't fix it they have to with what ever they use. John
2016-12-1
Use props
JohnCom
lvl.1
United States

JohnCom Posted at 2016-12-1 20:39
The file started  going in like it should the update after putting the SD card in with the file.st ...

Yes i did crash long time ago they put a new card in when i sent it out to them,it flew real real good I meen real good taking good pics. But that update messed it up.
2016-12-1
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

So anyone can tell it's confirm save to upgrade for this or we waiting those have upgraded and see what's their experiment?
2016-12-1
Use props
Pieterpreller
New

South Africa

pLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE THIS SOFTWARE!!!!! I NEARLY LOST MY DRONE, 300 M AWAY AND LOST SIGNAL....OVER THE SEA, OPEN ARA. I HAD TO PRESS "RETURN hOME" THEN THE HOME POINT WAS COMPLETELY OFFSET TO CRASH ON THE WALL. I AM VERRY X. I USE A Samsung NOTE 4. IT USED TO WORK PERFECT.   GRRRRRRR......
2016-12-1
Use props
mads30
lvl.1

Poland

Hello everyone. I'm new user of phantom and I didn't expect that it will be any problem with update. I downloaded the last firmware and aircraft went through that process without any problems. But then I see that in app I have "Signal Lost" info. So I'm trying to update controller but without success. Can you help me what can I do more to solve that problem? I'm trying connect controller straigh from gimbal, I'm using usbstick, diffrent firmware and still nothing. Cannot enter into updating process in controller. Please help mi with that. Best regards, Greg.
2016-12-2
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Pieterpreller Posted at 2016-12-2 15:33
pLEASE DO NOT UPGRADE THIS SOFTWARE!!!!! I NEARLY LOST MY DRONE, 300 M AWAY AND LOST SIGNAL....OVER  ...

OMG.....so what happen for your drone now?
Is safe with broken?
2016-12-2
Use props
Pieterpreller
New

South Africa

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-2 10:26
OMG.....so what happen for your drone now?
Is safe with broken?

OUTER CASING BROKEN, MANAGED TO RECOVER THE DRONE BY PRESSING HOME KEY. THE HOME POINT WAS COMPLETELY OUT ,CRACHED ON THE SIDE OF BUILDING....GRRR...SO ANNOUYED.
2016-12-2
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Pieterpreller Posted at 2016-12-2 17:01
OUTER CASING BROKEN, MANAGED TO RECOVER THE DRONE BY PRESSING HOME KEY. THE HOME POINT WAS COMPLET ...

Hope your lovely drone can recover soon.....
2016-12-2
Use props
fans0a0347ed
lvl.2
Flight distance : 394619 ft
United States

After installing new software. My Version now says. 1.9.60+
The unzipped bin file showed the newest version
2016-12-2
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423261 ft
Greece

Hi everyone,
Okay, so I built up my courage and decided to upgrade.
Seems that all went well, first go. Took the aircraft approximately 15 minutes to upgrade.
The release notes do not say anything about upgrading all the batteries as DJI has advised in previous release notes. Nevertheless, I upgraded my second battery as well. It took about a second. Not sure if that counts or not.
I did the IMU calibration and the gimbal calibration.
Motors started indoors without props. RC communicating with aircraft well. Everything seems normal.
Tomorrow, if the weather is suitable I will go out and fly. Then we’ll see what happens. I shall report in due course.
Have had the bird for just over a year now – shoot video and stills as a hobby so I fly more often than not.
Am a veteran RC model airplane builder and flyer in the days when we built the birds ourselves out of balsa wood and used the old Futaba controllers that to this day have not shown any sign of plastic degrading and falling apart as my lovely white DJI controller has (but that is a topic for another thread).
Eyes wide open and learning all the time!
Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Cheers.
2016-12-2
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124281 ft
Canada

I updated last night and it went smoothly. I haven't flown it yet though!We'll see though.
2016-12-2
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423261 ft
Greece

Back again.
Guess what; just checked aircraft version status on the Go App.
And just like RJay and RMDrone in this thread and perhaps others too,
After the update, aircraft version went from 1.9.60 to  version 1.9.60+

I don't get the labelled 1.10.90 version of the firmware

Hey DJI Mindy; do you have an explanation for this, please???
2016-12-2
Use props
MichaelM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3720 ft
Netherlands

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-11-30 16:48
Did it yesterday on my P3A. Everything is now up to date on controller and IPad mini. Did an IMU c ...

What is the red/green flashing light from 1.00-1.20, just off centre and down a bit to the left of the picture? It looks suspiciously like laser pointers at one point
2016-12-2
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

loucos Posted at 2016-12-2 19:56
Back again.
Guess what; just checked aircraft version status on the Go App.
And just like RJay and R ...

The + sign means its updated and will change to 1.10.90 in a day or two
2016-12-2
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Weeman Posted at 2016-12-3 05:12
The + sign means its updated and will change to 1.10.90 in a day or two

I decided to update my P3A. App shows 3.1.0 for app, 1.10.90 for aircraft and 1.80 for RC. Going to do IMU calibration and gimbal then compass, and give it a shot. Looks ok so far. I let everyone know how it goes!

Update, all is well. My bird seems fo fly very well. Only thing is the maps are still without the texture as it had before. It is just kind of a white background with the highway & street but no trees, etc. Hope they fix that.

Ok, figured I roll the app back to 2.9..............maps came back and I don't think I'm missing anything that 3.1.0 offers. Going to leave it there for now.
Upgrade to latest firmware went without a hitch. Good luck to anyone that wishes to go for it. Seems fine to me.

2016-12-2
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

MichaelM Posted at 2016-12-2 13:58
What is the red/green flashing light from 1.00-1.20, just off centre and down a bit to the left of  ...

Very good catch, Michael! They are lasers and believe it or not, they're mine. We bought those holiday Star Shower lights you see in every store this year.
So, here's the scoop: There are 2 low power beams that are split a thousand ways through a prism (I guess), resulting in little spots all over your tree. The company claims they are well under the power that would be frowned upon by the FAA.
They are quite noticeable from my drone though. I've looked right at them, not on purpose, and they aren't overwhelming. They are a strong point source however.
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules